Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OBirder

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2015
Apple Watch won ...

In the past I used 3 watches: One for work with atomic clock synchronization. A Casio Protrek/Pathfinder for my outdoor activities. Finally a higher end, good looking mechanical stainless steel for formal events which already had limited use in the recent past, but I had it for 20+ years.

Since I have the Apple Watch I haven't touched one of the others and I don't foresee that to change. However I have changed the watch face for the occasion. I increase brightness for my outdoor activity. I created a very simple watch face with just time which I plan to use for formal occasion (including turning off notifications).

My wife is planning to buy a nice aftermarket watch band that she can use to change style ...

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a handful of watches... I haven't touched them since I even ordered my Apple watch. Once I get different bands for my Apple Watch, i'll be set.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Simple rotation:

Monday: :apple: Watch
Tuesday: :apple: Watch
Wednesday: :apple: Watch
Thursday: :apple: Watch
Friday: :apple: Watch
Saturday: :apple: Watch
Sunday: :apple: Watch

I like to keep things simple. :D Simple is good. :D

rolexwatch

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2015
So yesterday I decided to wear my rolex gmt II again after a month with the :apple:watch as my daily beater. It was nice to feel the weight on my wrist and to see the smooth movement of the second hand on this beautiful timepiece. After one hour I received a couple of messages, so I immediately raised my wrist like I was used to. That's when I realised that I really loved the design and the look, but in the end it just showed the time and date and nothing more. I got used to the :apple:watch and I wanted it back on my wrist as soon as possible.

I won't sell my rolex though, as I love the mechanical movements of a real timepiece and certainly I will wear it from time to time. I hope new watchfaces at least will try to simulate some oldschool watch movement, like a tourbillon.

amnichols10

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
Same boat as many. I have Rolex Submariner which I wore everyday. Now I have the AW with both sports band and link bracelet I don't see me going back to a regular watch.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I have worn my Reactor or Fossil watches since getting my Appl Watch. Of course, I didn't plan to wear them anymore anyways. I'm pretty OCD about the steps, fitness, standing, etc that the AW can do... so I can't imagine not wearing it. It "kills" me when I have it off to recharge while showering and getting ready for work in the morning after my workout. lol!

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
After the Zombie Apocalypse, or during the seven years Tribulation, which ever comes first, mechanical watches may be the only way to tell time. So hang onto your Timex's and Rollexes!! :D :D

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
I sometimes rock both the Apple Watch and the Moto 360 at the same time (one one each hand). I would turn on Hotspot on one of the phones so that the other can connect via Wifi. Other than that, if I'm using the iPhone, I would have the Apple Watch with me; If I'm using the Moto X, I would have the Moto 360 with me.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I don't. My AW pretty much replaced all my watches so I got a few different bands so I can change them depending on how I feel that day or what I'm wearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.