Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
I’ve never had an issue on iOS, period. Not once. From the 6 running iOS 8 I’ve upgraded through every version since and never had a single problem.

No software is perfect. You’ll be hard pressed to find one OS across mobile or desktop that has zero issues for anybody.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I’ve never had an issue on iOS, period. Not once. From the 6 running iOS 8 I’ve upgraded through every version since and never had a single problem.

No software is perfect. You’ll be hard pressed to find one OS across mobile or desktop that has zero issues for anybody.

Considering even the issues Apple has noted and rushed fixes for? Your statement in the face of the many verified issues lacks any serious credibility.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Considering even the issues Apple has noted and rushed fixes for? Your statement in the face of the many verified issues lacks any serious credibility.

And just who are you to tell me what MY personal experiences are?

I seriously do not understand the logic in your “response”. No credibility in my statement that no OS is perfect? Is English not your first language? Did you mean to quote someone else?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany

I seriously do not understand the logic in your “response”. No credibility in my statement that no OS is perfect? Is English not your first language? Did you mean to quote someone else?
Well just like you said, it‘s your personal experience. Take the home button delay tears every beta topic has. I noticed that my 7 home button was a tiny bit slowed down after one of the iOS updates it got, I shrugged and moved on because it was no big deal.
For every „whatever it‘s still no big deal for me“ there is one user losing their mind over the additional millisecond it takes for the animation to finish.

We can‘t, however, deny that there is some next level annoyances in iOS11 for some users because they posted proof: notifications UI breaking, timestamps wrong or mail notifications disappearing.

The only issue I have currently is that my AirPod ear detection bugs out every now and then (requiring a reboot to fix), but other than the occasional frame lag or very rare respring it‘s smooth sailing *knocks on wood*.

BiGG DIESEL

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2018

Everyone’s experience differentiate from other, some might experience problems with the OS while others not. There's no perfect OS that's why updates are sent to fix bugs and security holes.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

I could see a release or two being problem free for you. However, all those releases and you had none? That seriously strains the realm of credibility.

Reactions: Craiguyver

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
I could see a release or two being problem free for you. However, all those releases and you had none? That seriously strains the realm of credibility.

And what reason do I have to lie? Every OS has its problems. That doesn’t mean everyone experiences them.

My post has perfect credibility because I spoke for nobody but myself. Your response, however, lacks any form of credibility as you were trying to tell me what my own PERSONAL experience has been. You don’t speak for me dude.

And on that note, let’s move on...

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Interestingly I had no issues with iOS 11 initially, but since iOS 11.2.5 I have had major problems. The disappearing notifications & clock on the lock screen bug has been particularly irritating. The fact that my Series 1 Apple Watch was waaay faster with WatchOS 3 than my Series 3 Apple Watch has been with WatchOS 4 is another sore point. I've always been a huge fan of Apple products but I'm getting fed up. If they don't get it together soon my current Apple products will be my last Apple products.

phoni

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Interestingly I had no issues with iOS 11 initially, but since iOS 11.2.5 I have had major problems. The disappearing notifications & clock on the lock screen bug has been particularly irritating. The fact that my Series 1 Apple Watch was waaay faster with WatchOS 3 than my Series 3 Apple Watch has been with WatchOS 4 is another sore point. I've always been a huge fan of Apple products but I'm getting fed up. If they don't get it together soon my current Apple products will be my last Apple products.

Agreed, as I'm also having similar issues. Annoying and frustrating. Something just doesn't feel right using glitchy iOS...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.