Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Out of the two that I got, Blue felt more premium over the black version and they were from two different sellers. Not sure if the colour is relevant or not.
The fit on both are excellent but I haven't tried the autolock or lightning connector on the black model, purely because I stuck with the blue. I'll check these tonight and feedback.

Hi there - seen your posts and links regarding the cases on ebay. I've seen both the more expensive (Sunnymews - 13£) and other (Now 6.60£ I believe). Can you let me know if either of these have a difference in weight? And are these the same weight as the apple ones? I read that some of the knock off ones are heavier?

Greatly appreciate your insight! Thanks!

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Hi there - seen your posts and links regarding the cases on ebay. I've seen both the more expensive (Sunnymews - 13£) and other (Now 6.60£ I believe). Can you let me know if either of these have a difference in weight? And are these the same weight as the apple ones? I read that some of the knock off ones are heavier?

Greatly appreciate your insight! Thanks!

I no longer have the official case but I couldn't discern any difference in weight when I had them and both cheap cases feel the same weight. They only feel a little heavier than the official mini case which ill put down to the size difference.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I no longer have the official case but I couldn't discern any difference in weight when I had them and both cheap cases feel the same weight. They only feel a little heavier than the official mini case which ill put down to the size difference.

Cool thanks for letting me know.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I have the Smart Case in red for my Air 2 and I love it. The Smart Case is so much more secure than the Smart Cover + backplate combos that I have tried in the past, and the material is a pleasure to hold. Love it!

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
What colour is best for a gold iPad Air 2? Also is a case worth it considering it undo all the work Apple did to make the iPad Air 2 thin and light?

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
The case is pretty thin but provides a little protection for the screen when not in use. I also like having something to grip when holding and carrying it.

beady

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I've been using it for a few weeks now and i don't really like it.
The high angle view falls over too easily when in my lap and the low angle tends to unravel itself too easily, like the magnets arent strong enough.
I had an STM grip on my ipad 3 and found it was more stable and had better viewing angles. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if they release a new one or look for something similar.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Also is a case worth it considering it undo all the work Apple did to make the iPad Air 2 thin and light?
Worth is always highly subjective and no one can tell you if anything is worth it to you or not. Try it and see for yourself. Return if you don't care for it. It's worth it to me but YMMV.

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
I suppose I'll keep using the iPad Air 2 naked then. I have used my iPad 3 naked and it is still as good as new.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Picked up the Midnight Blue Air 2 case today after much hemming and hawing. I did not love the Air case for its added bulk, flap not closing, etc.

Happy to report that the new case is so much better. It has definitely been trimmed down to fit the Air 2 and does not feel anywhere near as bulky. The flap closes firmly shut. I actually have a tough time opening it from the edge. The leather feels softer and the excess that holds the cover to the body folds completely over.

My only minor nit is that the cover doesn't adhere to the back as good as a Smart Cover on naked iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.