Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
1. I lost my keys last year and needed the locksmith to unlock and make a new car key. Of course I found my keys afterwards. Now I have a very expensive spare key.

NO🇳🇴

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2022
Norway
And the important question. Be honest now, have you ever actually had to use them to find something you've lost? :D
Friend parked my car at IKEA and forgot where (got one in the passenger seat)

Also saved me when forgetting my keys while leaving home once, cabin keys 700 miles drive...

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
one for my dog...it works for when he's at the groomers but the other day he got loose ended up over a block away and no alert. So guess it has to be pretty good range for any notifications.

cj Major

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2009
Oregon
I bought a pack of four on launch day. I've got one on my keyring, one sitting in the centre console of my car and my wife has one on her keyring. The last one is still in the box.
Neither of us have ever lost our keys ever. I've never lost my car.
I bought them because they were something new and shiny.
That was funny.

Reactions: Tenkaykev

cj Major

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2009
Oregon
I bought one for a keyring, but after reading about its many uses, I will buy more, especially for the car.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
They look nice and shiny, especially the one with the key ring in blue.
I am thinking of getting one but I have no idea what to track?
Since I never lose my keys which I never use or take outside regularly.
my cats need something when I can't find them that second.

I wish I can put those on my pentalobe screws that pop off my MacBook Air 2010.
which I need to place another order for more screws soon!

NO🇳🇴

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2022
Norway
They look nice and shiny, especially the one with the key ring in blue.
I am thinking of getting one but I have no idea what to track?
Since I never lose my keys which I never use or take outside regularly.
my cats need something when I can't find them that second.

I wish I can put those on my pentalobe screws that pop off my MacBook Air 2010.
which I need to place another order for more screws soon!
Where do you buy screws? Wish I could find titanium Torx screws for several different models.

elvisimprsntr

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2013
Florida
1 AirTag

I use it to keep track of my generator

e99f101147221ec9f61147bfbb37fe4b.jpg

Last edited:

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Currently using 3 AirTags
962C686A-FFC5-4416-A6B6-88DCE4C87A91.jpeg

Surprised how many people say they are using them on their car. Do you not use CarPlay?
I drive a 2012 Audi Quattro so no CarPlay for me. I use mine in the car to check if the mechanics move it or stuff like that when it gets serviced

aibloop

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2020
Bought one for the remote after kids making it magically disappear one time too much... A minute ago I figured a way to open it up and put it inside the remote. Alarm sound seems to be louder than with the silicone attachment that fell off.

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
8 planning to buy 4 more.
  1. Motorcycle
  2. A7IV Camera
  3. Blower ( These always get stolen and the airtag literally saved this blower since we chased after the thief lol he couldn’t turn it off since it was hidden well inside) our blowers cost 500-600$ can’t afford to have them stolen. Gotten worse since covid
  4. Blower #2
  5. Truck
  6. Dump Trailer
  7. Weed Wacker
  8. Walker ( Mower )
the other 4 i plan to order are for our Boat, Chainsaw , And other two trucks

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I picked them up and so far like them. I have one in my suv and another on the Bose sound bar remote.
They're so shiny and addictive.. you start out with 4 and then you start finding things that you think you should put one on.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Surprised how many people say they are using them on their car. Do you not use CarPlay?
Excuse my ignorance here, but what does carplay have to do with an airtag? I haven't used carplay in a while so I may have missed this, but is there a findmy functionality built in to carplay now that lets you find your car even when you aren't near it and your phone is not connected?

mslilyelise

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2021
British Columbia, Canada
I just picked up my first one for my keys the other day, and I love it. I showed my partner how my phone can point me in the direction of the tracker until you're pretty much on top of it, and she thinks it's magic. I'll probably get a few more for her keys, the mail/laundry keys, the car, etc.

And one that I'll hot glue to the back of the Apple TV remote because seriously, why doesn't that have tracking built in? My brain doesn't work super well when it comes to memory and the possibility of losing a $90 CDN remote is anxiety inducing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.