Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I just picked up my first one for my keys the other day, and I love it. I showed my partner how my phone can point me in the direction of the tracker until you're pretty much on top of it, and she thinks it's magic. I'll probably get a few more for her keys, the mail/laundry keys, the car, etc.

And one that I'll hot glue to the back of the Apple TV remote because seriously, why doesn't that have tracking built in? My brain doesn't work super well when it comes to memory and the possibility of losing a $90 CDN remote is anxiety inducing.

I have a silicon case on my Apple TV remote and will be using the air tag holder in place of the lanyard. We lose the Apple TV remote 2-3 times a month.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
My wife and I have 9 combined. Two are on AppleTV remotes as the couches likes to eat them. The others are on various keys, suitcases, my briefcase and one in her purse (yes, the one in her purse is registered to her and her iPhone).

We've fortunately not lost anything yet, except for the remote in the sofa cushions, but the AirTags in our luggage did give us peace of mind when we were traveling recently. Oh, and it did help us find in which bag we packed the car keys when we returned home.

Reactions: bigjnyc

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I have a silicon case on my Apple TV remote and will be using the air tag holder in place of the lanyard. We lose the Apple TV remote 2-3 times a month.
I’ve had AirTags on my remotes since they launched. Never lost one since then. Prior to AirTags they were constantly going missing, sometimes for several month before we found them.

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
6, plus 2 more unused.
Great for the car (also have satellite thing I forgot what it's called)
But also for valuables, pets, backpack, keys, etc. whatever they got.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’ve had AirTags on my remotes since they launched. Never lost one since then. Prior to AirTags they were constantly going missing, sometimes for several month before we found them.

That was the main reason why I wanted to try them. So far I love them, and will be picking up another 4 pack next week.

Reactions: KaliYoni

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I’m tempted to get one for my car to act as a backup for my third party remote start which has a tracking feature. Maybe a 4-pack would be a better purchase for future use when traveling.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m tempted to get one for my car to act as a backup for my third party remote start which has a tracking feature. Maybe a 4-pack would be a better purchase for future use when traveling.

I’ve been using it in my car for about a week now. I purchased a second 4 pack for future use. I’m trying to find more stuff to stick them to.

Reactions: beach bum

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Four in daily use.

Another four for vacations/travel. It's nice standing at baggage reclaim and watching your bags making their way across the tarmac to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.