Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
I have and use an 11 Pro, have an SE 2016 with a removed battery (third party, bulged the display) as a backup and a 4 that’s useless nowadays.
I’d like to use the SE as my main phone again because it’s so light and pocketable, but the screen is too dim outside (third party replacement) and things like „Findable after Powered Off“ and the crisp OLED screen are too nice to let go. But maybe I’ll just give it a try, it’s not like I’ve never known anything else. It also has a headphone jack.
Remember the days with 500 nits small displays?

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
An OG iPhone SE (this seems like a trend on the thread, although mine is bricked), my old iPhone 8 which my mom is now using as her mobile phone, and my new iPhone SE 3, which is my main -and only- smartphone.

I’ve had the iPhone 4 and 4S (loved this one) but I ended up selling them.
What happened yo your SE?

mrmister

Suspended
Dec 19, 2008
One 15 Pro Max in use...and two 6ses in use every day as clocks, displaying the time. Expensive clocks, but there you go.

Also have a pair of OG iphones, a pair of 3GSes and a 5 in storage somewhere.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I just use my iPhone 15PM for personal

I have a Samsung S22 Ultra for work

And I have an old 13PM shoved in a drawer which I never really use. I kept it because I like the Sierra blue color so much and I guess to have as a backup just in case.

dubiousgif

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_3021.jpeg
    IMG_3021.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: dk001 and bigjnyc

aj_niner

Suspended
Dec 24, 2023
I know several people have multiple phones. If you do, how many iPhones do you have and how often do you use them? I have the 15 pro but want to get a 15 to try out since everyone says it’s so light.
You may want to preface it with those who aren't in tech or are iPhone app developers.

I'd expect that would skew everyone to about half a dozen iPhones in active use.

Reactions: dk001

Mr.Fox

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2020
I have 2 phones.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G - a powerful machine that impresses constantly and pleases me with everything.
iPhone 4 (still works and I use it actively as a second number, as it is small)

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I get the feeling OP was more interested about people who use multiple phones and what their usage is like, not people who have a collection of phones that sit in a drawer. Well, I’m more interested in the former anyway.

I only use one phone, but since it is smaller (SE3) which I prefer when out of the house, I wish I could use a bigger phone (maybe 15 Plus) when at home. But there are certain annoyances about using two phones, especially with two different active lines, that keep me from doing so. Instead I use an iPad Mini at home as my big phone, which with Continuity mostly works well, but my main complaint is the iPad is a bit too big to carry around with me like a phone, even at home. Ideal size would be a Nexus 7, which can be comfortably held in one hand and fit into most pockets, but I would settle for a large iPhone.

Reactions: Andeddu

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I have 3 iPhones.

iPhone SE OG used as a house phone
iPhone 13 mini used as a work phone
iPhone 15 Pro as my main persona
By “house phone”, do you mean you dock your 15 Pro and only use your SE1 while at home? Do they have separate lines? If the SE doesn’t have its own line, how do you handle calling and sending SMS messages? I tried to have a house iPhone, but I couldn’t initiate phone calls or send SMS messages from the house phone (I think I was able to receive), and having to carry both phones around was a non-starter for me.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
By “house phone”, do you mean you dock your 15 Pro and only use your SE1 while at home? Do they have separate lines? If the SE doesn’t have its own line, how do you handle calling and sending SMS messages? I tried to have a house iPhone, but I couldn’t initiate phone calls or send SMS messages from the house phone (I think I was able to receive), and having to carry both phones around was a non-starter for me.
The SE has its own line (prepaid) and stays plugged in.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
In what situations do you choose to use the 6S over the 13?
Obviously the 13 is better than the 6S in every conceivable way however, because it’s my main phone, I always get interrupted by WhatsApp messages which I have to reply to. If I want to just relax and enjoy a show while I am away from the TV, I’ll run it on the 6S as it doesn’t have its own SIM card. I also prefer using the 6S as my device when I am in bed as I usually watch something to go to sleep. My 13 charges each night anyway on the MagSafe puck so it’s not accessible to me and I also do not wish to be disturbed by messages while I am tying to go to sleep.

Reactions: subjonas

Chuckles55

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2023
Mississippi
I have an Iphone 11 and a SE2022, currently I'm using the SE3 as the building I'm working in is harder to get a signal and the modem on the SE3 is better than the 11. I like the cameras and the full screen on the 11 but it is an older phone and I like the small size of the SE, it fits in my pocket nicely. And since I suffer with PWM, I'm kind of stuck with these two at the moment.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Only 1 right now - the 3rd Gen SE. I recently picked it up practically new for $300 from a reseller I've used occasionally over the years and trust. It even let me add A+ to it even though I'm not the original owner. I usually budget $40-60/month for phones because I like to try new ones. But the OCD side of me didn't like having any payments after doing it like that for years. So I bought the cheapest thing I could find that should still last a couple of years... It's me that might not last a couple of years with it though. We'll see ;)

It's actually been quite refreshing to have this form factor again.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
iPhone 13 (daily driver)
iPhone XR (previous daily driver, used now as “Siri pod”)

Planning to buy a new phone this year but want to wait and see what the iPhone 16 will be like.

RokinAmerica

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2022
Can you elaborate on that process if you don't mind?
Yes, go into settings: Messages - and scroll down to "Text Message Forwarding" for texts, then under settings: Phone: and scroll down to Call forwarding. You pick what phone(s) it all goes.

Reactions: jntdroid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.