Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
I use my isight almost every day. I talk to my parents and relatives and a lot of my friends that live at different universities. I also use it with my friends here at school when we are planning our night.

polevault139

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2006
Illinois
I only have one other friend that has a mac. He's actually the one who brought me into the light:). We try to use it, but he has a really horrible internet connection so it goes in and out. We use it when we can though and I like it

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I use it once or twice a week with long distance friends on MSN, iChat/AIM, Yahoo!, and Skype, depending on how busy other people are.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I use it to talk to a few of my friends who have iSight. My friend is getting a PC (tried to convince him otherwise...) and he will have a webcam. So we can talk too.

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
Use it fairly regularly...

Use it fairly regularly 2-3x every week. Normally for conferencing on projects, and sometimes for teamspeex in halo and COD. I dont like the latest updates to the ichat software, its slowed it up. I also used to be able to video conference and send files thru ichat to people. Now it pauses the video while the file is being sent. A real bummer.

charkshark

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2006
I use my iSight quite frequently, not necessarily for iChat though, I prefer Skype for videoconfrencing for my Windoze friends, (and Mac ones). For most of my mac friends I use iChat, only like once a week though.

srexy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2006
Regularly on aMSN with my family in the UK. It's great to be sitting outside or in the kitchen IM'ing video of my kids to their grandma.

She's commented already on how good the colour is of the built-in cam in the MBP.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I don't even use it. No one to use it with. My brother doesn't have a web cam. Which is a shame. got to get my son one. lol

toddburch

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
Katy, Texas
I have a MacPro and bought iSight. So far, I have only used it to look at myself, and that was interesting for about 30 seconds. No one to chat with. I guess I'll go check out ichatters.com, of course, only after I make myself presentable for the day.

BTW, how does one get a copy of PhotoBooth? It doesn't come on the MacPro, or with iSight.

Todd

Play Ultimate

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Use it occasionaly to let my kids see their granddad, who is 1000 miles away. It works pretty good...and cheaper than a plane ticket.

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
..With Yahoo and AIM.

Umm.. yeah... Yahoo only provides video with no sound (!) and AIM never works.. will always fail to connect. Actually, MSN also works if you use Mercury Messenger.. Don't remember how smooth it was.. iChat is tops. I use it a few times a month for video

paradillon

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
All the time with my family and friends who are at times as far away as eastern europe (Romania and Bulgaria), and China all the way to the western most provinces. I also use it with skype for friends that have pc's.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
since my sister got her macbook last month we've started using it a bit because the novelty factor hasn't worn off for my mother just yet. It's a bit more personal then a phone call so I don't mind it occasionally. I imagine while I'm in Australia I'll use it a bit more, but we'll see.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
I video chat with my sister in college, she got an isight just before they discontinued tem.

interlaced

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2005
Twice. So I sold it last week. Since they're so hard to find, I got quite a lot for it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.