Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
And this stitching...im no sewing expert but one of these looks poopy af; and it looks like the lug on the left isn’t even the right dimensions for the Ultra watch. And the central pattern, which looks kind of drab in renders, is very cool and 3D and premium looking (and soft-feeling) irl…something I’m sure is not true of the fake.
1670444117734.png

Reactions: mikedop

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Reactions: match14

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
The worst a big ebay wholesaler will do is just kinda carelessly label inventory; send you a band that‘s the wrong condition or, less frequently, the wrong SKU. Of course all covered by eBay’s money back guarantee if you can tolerate all the lost time dealing with the mistake.

In my experience, the big stores don’t really have the time or energy for malice lol

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
I'm considering picking up this Trail Loop, and tried to compare it to a previous picture in this thread. The piping at the loop end looks like it should (I think), but I'll admit I'm not entirely sure what else to look for. I also notice the S/M on the lug on the left. Any of you experts see anything either way?

IMG_6532.jpeg

Reactions: mikedop and twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I'm considering picking up this Trail Loop, and tried to compare it to a previous picture in this thread. The piping at the loop end looks like it should (I think), but I'll admit I'm not entirely sure what else to look for. I also notice the S/M on the lug on the left. Any of you experts see anything either way?

View attachment 2277889
Looks good to me. Nice dense weave, don’t think the fakes have the lettering like that. Nice clean pull tab to boot, condition wise!

Ssort

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
Upper Left Hand Corner
I might have missed it and if so sorry for duplication. Any thoughts on fake Ocean bands? This supposedly authentic band is identical to the imitation band i bought for 10 bucks. Thanks and advance for your expertise!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Wow
Reactions: mikedop and twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I might have missed it and if so sorry for duplication. Any thoughts on fake Ocean bands? This supposedly authentic band is identical to the imitation band i bought for 10 bucks. Thanks and advance for your expertise!
Yes that’s a fake ocean band. Let us know how the silicone does with picking up lint and such.

The originals have color matched buttons and presumably much higher quality materials and build, which is what I prefer for something I’m putting on my body.

To say nothing of what the profits of counterfeit goods might be funding. Rhymes with schmuman schmafficking

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Does this seller seem legit for the braided solo loop? Reviews seem good and they’re offering the numerical sizes. Photos could maybe be better though…

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Does this seller seem legit for the braided solo loop? Reviews seem good and they’re offering the numerical sizes. Photos could maybe be better though…

I’ve never had a bad experience with a wholesaler, especially when they have “cell” in the name.

At worst a clerical mistake because it’s some large faceless operation, in which case they won’t mess about and will do a refund or a return. And past that, eBay money back guarantee 🧎🏻‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.