Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Thanks, just ordered a Saddle Brown. Yeah, the feedback was promising, but it is my first time buying a band or loop from a third party, wanted to check with those more knowledgeable here.
As a general rule, no color since Sunset or maybe the long-lost Black Gen 1 has held value in magnetic leather link/loop line. Saddle is a killer, much better than the leather link shade.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Yeah, I have a golden brown leather link, and wasn't too impressed with it. While I do like the color, I like the classic Saddle Brown better. In addition, I do have a Black Leather Loop, and I like the design much better, while holding the watch much tighter to the wrist.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Terminator is the wrong shape and is all greasy. Color prob way off. Fabric looks rough and gross. Wordmarks seem small.
1655245636838.jpeg

turbo79

macrumors member
May 24, 2006
Why would anyone spend 3 times as much money on original bands that look and act exactly the same as the fake one?? I have one original that came with my watch and all the others are fake and I literally can’t tell the difference. The melanese loop one costs 10x more and that is just ridiculous.
I thought the same, and bought a few quality looking nylon sport loops from Alibaba in China for both my partner and I. My partner called me one day and said the band had broken and only noticed because they heard the watch hit the kitchen floor. Glad it wasn't when out and about! We buy only original Apple bands since then...

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I thought the same, and bought a few quality looking nylon sport loops from Alibaba in China for both my partner and I. My partner called me one day and said the band had broken and only noticed because they heard the watch hit the kitchen floor. Glad it wasn't when out and about! We buy only original Apple bands since then...
This happened to me as well when I was showering once. The loop broke and hopefully I was able to grab the Watch before it fell.

Only genuine bands for as well since.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Also anyone getting Ultra bands on Friday, im very anxious to get all their details entered into this thread. I will provide Ocean. I have a friend getting one of each and will bleed him for pix.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Also anyone getting Ultra bands on Friday, im very anxious to get all their details entered into this thread. I will provide Ocean. I have a friend getting one of each and will bleed him for pix.
I was thinking I needed to do a big update overall. I haven’t updated the first post since the S6 launch and much has changed since then (the most notable being sport bands not coming with all 3 pieces anymore). I’ll try to update all the existing bands in the next few days. Don’t have any interest in the Ultra so someone else will have to provide details on those bands.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Did a big update to the first post covering
  • Changes to existing band lines since 2020 (new 41/45 mm size, Leather Loop discontinued, RIP reflective Nike Sport Loops, Sport Bands now only come with S/M or M/L in the US)
  • Added much more detail to the Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop, and Leather Link sections. These styles were brand new when the guide was last updated and very few people had them in hand yet
  • Added guides for Hermes Leather and Hermes Jumping bands
We will still need to add the Ultra bands to the guide at some point. But it probably makes sense to wait until people actually have them before doing that.

Last edited:

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Did a big update to the first post covering
  • Changes to existing band lines since 2020 (new 41/45 mm size, Leather Loop discontinued, Sport Bands now only come with S/M or M/L in the US.
  • Added much more detail to the Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop sections. These styles were brand new when the guide was last updated and very few people had them in hand yet
  • Added guides for Hermes Leather and Hermes Jumping bands
We will still need to add the Ultra bands to the guide at some point. But it probably makes sense to wait until people actually have them before doing that.
King

• Love
Reactions: MacDevil7334

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Nothing really jumps out at me, what am I looking at? I can’t tell but are the words misspelled? It’s blurry

I would’ve thought they have all the markings, looks legit 😭
The blurriness and wear on the Hermes printing under the tongue for sure makes it hard to clock this one, but look at the buckle, no taper.

But yeah STAINLESS STEEL should be more narrow and sharp; and the Hermes stamp on the front of the buckle is also not embossed right. It doesn’t even look centered

Reactions: mikedop

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
A lot of knock-off Apple Watch Ultra bands listed on auction sites and Amazon now. At first, they were all using the official Apple renderings in their product descriptions. It now looks like some of them are being delivered.

I feel the authentic ones are way overpriced at $99, so I'm interested to see how well these match.

Reactions: twanj

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
A lot of knock-off Apple Watch Ultra bands listed on auction sites and Amazon now. At first, they were all using the official Apple renderings in their product descriptions. It now looks like some of them are being delivered.

I feel the authentic ones are way overpriced at $99, so I'm interested to see how well these match.
Definitely overpriced at $99, I feel like over time Apple is going to try to make that the new price for all watch bands. I won’t be collecting anymore if that’s what it comes to.

Then again, the knockoffs always lose a lot of quality. They feel inadequate to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.