Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
WOW! Just......WOW!

I would love to get one of these.

Sadly, they will not be available in the United States. ☹️

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Looking forward to this beast! :D and looky, expandable storage to.
Yeah, using nano SD Card. Good luck finding those. Is that even a standard yet?

There are great Huawei phones, liking the Nova 3i with 128GB internal storage for less than $270.
But a Huawei phone $1k? Seriously? People say $1k iPhones are expensive buy okay with this? WTF is wrong with people?
[doublepost=1538366796][/doublepost]
Quite a steep price if accurate.
It's WAY steep. Seriously. If people are complaining about $1k iPhones yet are okay paying $1k for Android, next thing we know they are all going to be $2k.

Worse are people who are willing to pay $1k Android phones without warranty (by importing it). How dumb people can be?

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Yeah, using nano SD Card. Good luck finding those. Is that even a standard yet?

There are great Huawei phones, liking the Nova 3i with 128GB internal storage for less than $270.
But a Huawei phone $1k? Seriously? People say $1k iPhones are expensive buy okay with this? WTF is wrong with people?
[doublepost=1538366796][/doublepost]
It's WAY steep. Seriously. If people are complaining about $1k iPhones yet are okay paying $1k for Android, next thing we know they are all going to be $2k.

Worse are people who are willing to pay $1k Android phones without warranty (by importing it). How dumb people can be?
I'd suggest you not worry about what other people do with their own money.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I'd suggest you not worry about what other people do with their own money.
Tell that to those who keep complaining how expensive the iPhone is.

And let me know when you find those nano SD cards. Good luck.
[doublepost=1538375086][/doublepost]
@pika2000 Wonda offer 1 year warranty direct with them.
And how do you deal with them, I wonder. Plenty of these reseller promised 1 year warranty, but the process will take months as you ship your device to them and pray it will be fixed and returned (those resellers will then try to submit your device to the manufacturer locally). But hey, if you think paying north of $1k for that is worth for those kind of process, more power to you.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Tell that to those who keep complaining how expensive the iPhone is.

And let me know when you find those nano SD cards. Good luck.
[doublepost=1538375086][/doublepost]
And how do you deal with them, I wonder. Plenty of these reseller promised 1 year warranty, but the process will take months as you ship your device to them and pray it will be fixed and returned (those resellers will then try to submit your device to the manufacturer locally). But hey, if you think paying north of $1k for that is worth for those kind of process, more power to you.
Lol, I used a Mate10 Pro for 3months happily, whether the phone comes with nanoSD, MicroSD or No SD but at least 128FB storage I'll be good :)

Why are you so offended by what other people think?

Phones are becoming expensive, if they don't want to pay the price there is always OnePlus, Pocophone, iPhone SE etc etc....

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Lol, I used a Mate10 Pro for 3months happily, whether the phone comes with nanoSD, MicroSD or No SD but at least 128FB storage I'll be good :)

Why are you so offended by what other people think?

Phones are becoming expensive, if they don't want to pay the price there is always OnePlus, Pocophone etc etc....
Nah, sounds more like you're the one that got offended when others are commenting about the price of the phone. :p

Yeah, my Nova 3i is awesome as well, 128GB internal storage goodness for even less. :p

Reactions: FFR

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Nah, sounds more like you're the one that got offended when others are commenting about the price of the phone.

Yeah, my Nova 3i is awesome as well, 128GB internal storage goodness for even less. :p
Then enjoy your Nova-whatwhat, let people live their best lives, if they can afford a +$1000 phone, more power to them.

People will always complain, especially when it comes to iPhone, what would the world be without complaints.

Reactions: jamezr

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
@pika2000
I simply stated that they offer a 1 year warranty direct with them. Then you started going on one about taking months to receive a replacement and more power to me etc. Glass half empty. Countless people use and are happy with them.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Got a Mate 20 Lite for review :D

Pretty awesome mid range device. So far thoroughly enjoying its more manageable dimensions versus my Note8
10536d86528cab39db6324025beae832.jpg

Londoner1982

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2018
Specs on this phone is amazing.

Going to also come with 5x optical zoom and a hybrid zoom of 8x!!

40mp camera with 20mp telephoto and 8mp wide angle so they’ve upped the telephoto from 8mp on the P20 Pro to 20mp on this one and scrapped the monochrome for a wide angle lens.

Along with the great screen and rumoured 4200mah battery and in display fingerprint scanner, that is all real innocation.

Companies like Samsung and Apple really will need to up their game now.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I like the look of that.
I don’t think I want to buy one, but I really like the design.

Huawei are knocking it our of the park this year. The P20/ Pro were amazing devices and I loved mine earlier in the year, and this looks to be even better.

They’ve got rid of the bigger notch and I like the tidy look of the camera layout.

This is how you develop a smartphone. Google need to take note.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Easily the best looking phone from the front.

I'm not a selfie addict and prefer fingerprint to face unlock so the compromise brought by the small notch are worth it.

I look forward to learning how good the ear speaker and the three cameras are.

The 20 X on the other hand, is something I really want to experience in person and I'm sure it's will be the first of many phablets.

IMG_20181016_151517.0.jpg

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Easily the best looking phone from the front.

I'm not a selfie addict and prefer fingerprint to face unlock so the compromise brought by the small notch are worth it.

I look forward to learning how good the ear speaker and the three cameras are.

The 20 X on the other hand, is something I really want to experience in person and I'm sure it's will be the first of many phablets.

IMG_20181016_151517.0.jpg

Agree to disagree about it being the best looking phone. All curved edges are a hard pass from me..hate the look, feel and display distortion. Otherwise, it’s the iPhone X and XS models front design with a small chin.

The Vivo Nex and Oppo Find X both have better front designs, if that’s all one is concerned about. The OnePlus 6T will also be nicer, IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.