Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Yes, bring on P40 PRO. For Huawei, it is 'knees on the neck'. The 'other side' always want to suppress them.

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
First off, if you care about security Huawei is out, they have so many security issues, apps that phone home and lets not forget all the widespread history of them hacking companies to get ahead.

Honestly, any company is better than them, good product or not.

Reactions: jamezr

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Selling like hot cakes
That number is mostly within China, where Samsung is not even actively present (Samsung already closed down their Chinese factory).

Considering the market size of China, you can be number one even if you are only selling in China.

Reactions: Alex W.

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
That number is mostly within China, where Samsung is not even actively present (Samsung already closed down their Chinese factory).

Considering the market size of China, you can be number one even if you are only selling in China.

Plus their all brainwashed into supporting their own brands, besides apple.
Not surprised -- I mean the phones dont even have google or droid services which alone ruins any device worth your time.

Stevie jobz 2.0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2019
Plus their all brainwashed into supporting their own brands, besides apple.
Not surprised -- I mean the phones dont even have google or droid services which alone ruins any device worth your time.
That last sentence!!! Brilliant!? And you accuse the Chinese of being brainwashed!!!!!
The huawei phone in my hand that I've owned 3 weeks has every Google service pre installed...

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I got hold of Huawei latest p40 pro 5G and know how good they are. The taste of pudding is in the mouth. In this internet age there is google. Those who live in the MAGA era or cave age, live on.
What the hell does that even mean.

I asked a simple question that required a simple answer. For your opinion on how Huawei are too far ahead. But instead you talk in riddles and bring politics into it.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Fact of the matter is too far ahead of competitors. Period.
I too would like to know in what ways Huawei is too far ahead as well!

1592310816484.jpeg

Reactions: michael9891

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I do not make a living on phone reviews. I buy phones in my opinions that are considered good to me. This is as clear as mud.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
That last sentence!!! Brilliant!? And you accuse the Chinese of being brainwashed!!!!!
The huawei phone in my hand that I've owned 3 weeks has every Google service pre installed...
For too long the Huawei products have been treated as dangerous weapon and 'despicable' product. It is you cannot beat and ban them might as well join them

Last edited:

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I actually like Huawei phones. Loved the P30 Pro. But it's nice to know that people take innocent questions so personally and can't even explain why they like one thing over another. Takes away all credibility from the point (if you can figure out a point) they're trying to make.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Far too far ahead is a stretch, but I've just swopped a galaxy for a huawei and it's just an overall nicer experience in almost every way, and the matching gt2 watch is light years ahead of the gear s2 I had... Just MHO of course...
I really liked the Huawei phones I had in the past. Build quality and such was top notch.
Wasn't really an fan of the Android skin they use. But it might have evolved since then.

But as I have stated already I don't trust them as a company.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Far too far ahead is a stretch, but I've just swopped a galaxy for a huawei and it's just an overall nicer experience in almost every way, and the matching gt2 watch is light years ahead of the gear s2 I had... Just MHO of course...
Take note when asked an opinion, this is how you reply. Not hard!

Arquet

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
Been a Huawei user since the P20 Pro so I'm not very experienced with them.

But the P20 Pro was just such a performer, insane battery life, amazing quality photos and just an overall fast processor.

I went to a Note 9 shortly after and WOW, what an utter piece of crap. Gave it up real quick and got a P30 Pro.

The P40 unfortunately, does not have Google services, and that is a deal breaker for me. I have never tried Oppo or One Plus yet, and I'm waiting for the Iphone 12, the iphone 11 and XS is nice but 12mp camera... nah.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Been a Huawei user since the P20 Pro so I'm not very experienced with them.

But the P20 Pro was just such a performer, insane battery life, amazing quality photos and just an overall fast processor.

I went to a Note 9 shortly after and WOW, what an utter piece of crap. Gave it up real quick and got a P30 Pro.

The P40 unfortunately, does not have Google services, and that is a deal breaker for me. I have never tried Oppo or One Plus yet, and I'm waiting for the Iphone 12, the iphone 11 and XS is nice but 12mp camera... nah.
Youtube has plenty of videos showing installing Google service on P40, should be a breeze.

Reactions: SocialKonstruct
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.