Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
My Mac Pro automatically installed the 144.0.0.0.0 firmware when I was using Mojave as my primary OS on my machine at the time. But I seem to recall needing an additional graphics card (in my case the NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti) because the stock 5770 didn't work when I tried to update, but that may have just been me, not sure. I didn't include anything for updating the firmware, because mine was updated back in 2019 when the firmware was launched. So, I would hunt down a guide from someone else to get you that far.

But now having seen other posts about requiring HII, this whole process might not work for you; I'm not sure. But it might give more data points for the community if you do decide to pursue it.

Yes I know, but trying nothing cost better than do nothing I will trying to follow your procedure with your 4070ti

For my experience full Mojave OS works with ATI 5770 so let me know if I can proceed to install mojave compleatly

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Sure; makes sense. Again, I'm trying to keep this straight; the card I'm using is an MSi GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Gaming X 8GB. I don't want anyone getting confused on what I'm using, since this is a very fringe case right now.

Okay, great; if you can use Mojave at this point, I would probably just do a complete install of the latest available version, just so that all the firmware and possible updates are accounted for.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Sure; makes sense. Again, I'm trying to keep this straight; the card I'm using is an MSi GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Gaming X 8GB. I don't want anyone getting confused on what I'm using, since this is a very fringe case right now.

Okay, great; if you can use Mojave at this point, I would probably just do a complete install of the latest available version, just so that all the firmware and possible updates are accounted for.

Ok I'm proceed to install fully Mojave
What is the next step?

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
After Mojave is fully installed and updated, you need to open the System Information app and check your BootROM version. If it's anything outside of 144.0.0.0.0, we can't continue.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
@ZXRyuu I'm trying to install again full mojave but on High Sierra also if I format disc and re-install high Sierra from skratch, the BOTRoom is always 144.0.0.0.0, and if I download from apple OS like I did, now can't end the installation

So can I install it directly by pen drive like I'm doing with High Sierra?

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
If I understand correctly, you could reformat your drive to add a partition for Mojave, you shouldn't need to remove High Sierra. And yes, you should be able to make a flash drive that has Mojave on it and install it to your second Mojave drive.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
@ZXRyuu I don't know why but also with pendrive Mojave can't install for videocard but yesterday all ok, so I'm using a patcher of dosdude1 to make a clear installation I'll let you know when it finished

Last edited:

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
I just want to be clear; even if we go through all the steps for this; this may, and I want to again stress may, only work for Windows 10 or 11 at best. There is no indication that getting a 3XXX or 4XXX is ever going to be possible for any version of macOS since no Mac drivers exist or have ever existed for these graphics cards. If your ultimate goal is to get all this set up for use in Windows 10 or 11 that's fine (we might get a result), but if you are expecting what I've shared to work to enable your 3XXX card to work in any version of the macOS, it won't and I'm sorry if that wasn't clear from the beginning. I have only gotten my 4060 Ti to work in Windows 11, nowhere else.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
I just want to be clear; even if we go through all the steps for this; this may, and I want to again stress may, only work for Windows 10 or 11 at best. There is no indication that getting a 3XXX or 4XXX is ever going to be possible for any version of macOS since no Mac drivers exist or have ever existed for these graphics cards. If your ultimate goal is to get all this set up for use in Windows 10 or 11 that's fine (we might get a result), but if you are expecting what I've shared to work to enable your 3XXX card to work in any version of the macOS, it won't and I'm sorry if that wasn't clear from the beginning. I have only gotten my 4060 Ti to work in Windows 11, nowhere else.

Yes sure only for windows, it is what I need

So mojave now is installed, I need to do all updates included the "Patch Updater" mentioned on the Dosdude1 guide?
Or I can remain like this?

So Current version: macOs Mojave 10.14.6
BOT Room: 144.0.0.0.0

How I can continue? Waiting yours

Last edited:

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
You shouldn't need to do any Patch Updating; I just used stock Mojave when it was available at that point in time.

Okay, cool. If you have 144.0.0.0.0 as your BootROM, that's great.

We could try the EnableGOP option at this point to see if we can, at a minimum, get the Native Boot Screen Support with your 3XXX card, because if that doesn't work; I'm not sure if the additional steps to get Windows working will matter.

Please follow the "Appendix: Native boot screen support" section on this page to the letter! https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/manually-configured-opencore-on-the-mac-pro.2207814/. It's always risky to flash firmware and it could brick your machine completely if you don't follow this exactly as it's written!

If you need clarification on the steps, I can try to help, but I think the guide has been written very well and I found it straightforward to follow.

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
I can't speak for following any guide except the one that I listed in my last post.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
I can't speak for following any guide except the one that I listed in my last post.

Ok got it, so I'm saving the firmware so when it write

"✓ Run ROMTool, click "Dump System ROM..." (possibly confirming the part number of your system firmware chip), and save the file to your home folder as "Firmware.bin".

I've to save name file ROM with "MX25L3205D" or as "Firmware.bin"?

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Save it as Firmware.bin and put that in your Home Folder. Did you confirm what firmware part number you are using? Your part number might be different than mine and it's important to select the part number that matches the one that's written inside your machine.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Ok, my number written on machine is MX25L3205D so I saved it on Home folder like on pic right?

Schermata 2024-03-08 alle 21.02.16.png

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
@ZXRyuu Ok thanks, About "OpenCorePkg" there are two folders that I can download, the EnableGOP file is in
"OpenCore-0.9.8-Release" Utilities Folder, and I copyed on Home like written.

So at this point I've to do this string or I can move on?

"⚠️ Another possibility is "EnableGopDirect.ffs". Use this file instead if you've determined that your graphics card requires DirectGopRendering in OpenCore (see Basic setup)."

Last edited:

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Unzip OpenCore-0.9.8-RELEASE.zip and navigate to Utilities/EnableGOP. There, you will find the file "EnableGop.ffs". Copy this file to your home folder.

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Before proceeding to the next steps, you'll need to rename the EnableGop_1.4.ffs file to EnableGop.ffs

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Before proceeding to the next steps, you'll need to rename the EnableGop_1.4.ffs file to EnableGop.ffs

Ok I've done all, miss only the ultimate point 5.

"➎ Now shutdown your Mac.
The next time you start your Mac, it should have native boot screen support. To re-enable OpenCore, see Basic setup > First boot."

I can reinstall the RTX at new start of mac or have to continue with Radeon HD5770 for this first time with Flash System ROM? or press something button? What I can do?

"Just to let you mr.Collin the creator of these mod DOSdude1, reply me to my personal mail, that mod with RTX works with all OS he say. I don't know it, it is just to let you if it is possibile"

ZXRyuu

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Okay, nice. If you are at the point of checking Native Boot Screen Support, I would shut down your machine, take out your 5770 and only use your RTX 3XXX. When you start up your machine again, hold the option key and see if you get your partition list. Before I did this, I wouldn't get anything to show up on the screen.

Supermimmo

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2024
Okay, nice. If you are at the point of checking Native Boot Screen Support, I would shut down your machine, take out your 5770 and only use your RTX 3XXX. When you start up your machine again, hold the option key and see if you get your partition list. Before I did this, I wouldn't get anything to show up on the screen.

Woow Ok work perfectly with 3080TI,I leave a pic attached so I can try like Collin says to trying select Mojave just to see what it do?

Or I need to use Windows ambient, without trying this test on Mojave with rtx?

What I've to do now?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.