Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I think iOS 7 is a copy of other platforms and while it has some nice new features, it was a step backwards in appearance. Apple has fallen behind and are lacking in new creative ideas.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Wasn't it Windows Phone that really got the ball rolling with all this silly "flatness?" I seem to remember lots of glowing tech reviews (probably a lot of them were paid PR) of the new "fresh" look of WP when it first came out.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I think iOS 7 is a copy of other platforms and while it has some nice new features, it was a step backwards in appearance. Apple has fallen behind and are lacking in new creative ideas.

Other platforms are a copy (steal) of iOS... I think it's fair that they "copied" some ideas back.

And I bet you could do better than Jony and Craig, right? Let me guess... Widgets and multi windows on the iPad.

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Other platforms are a copy (steal) of iOS... I think it's fair that they "copied" some ideas back.

And I bet you could do better than Jony and Craig, right? Let me guess... Widgets and multi windows on the iPad.

The amateur designers on dribbble seem to be better designers than the ones over at Apple.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Yes... Widgets and multi-windows would be killer feature if Apple implement right. I would love mutation-windows and build in file system and true multitasking capabilities.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Oh I agree, but Apple has always been the one saying they are innovators. Now they are like all the rest.

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Short answer: No, it's the best, and I think every iOS version was better than the previous (aside from needing bugs fixed and sometimes rendering old iPhones useless).

I upgraded my 4S on day one. I didn't like it at first, due to the appearance changes, but I liked the features. And there were some UI changes (independent of appearance) that I didn't like (mainly Safari with it's auto-hiding chrome and new tab switcher).

Fast forward to today, appearance just really don't matter that much, and I am perfectly happy with iOS 7. I even don't mind Safari and got used to the UI changes, and I think it's mostly better than the old version. I love the swipe gesture to go back anywhere you can do that; so much so that I really miss it when I'm using my Android tablet.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I really hated it when it was announced and I just sat there stunned wondering what Apple was thinking releasing this ugly design. However, now that it is out and I have been using it for 6 months I actually like it a lot. I like the modern approach to the design and I can see why Apple wanted to go in this direction. It makes iOS so much cleaner and opens up possibilities for iOS to be on different devices like CarPlay, on a wearable, or on a TV.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
I totally disagree. iOS 7 is the best mobile operating system ever released by anyone. It's rock solid, secure, it's buttery smooth and looks completely beautiful.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I think you missed the "I hate iOS 7" boat by 5 months.:rolleyes:
So? I'm assuming you're being sarcastic by rolling your eyes. If you don't agree with the thread, then don't participate in it.

There are a lot of us that don't like iOS 7 and wish we could go back to iOS 6, but we don't have that option now. I like the functional changes in iOS 7, my beef is with the design and color choices. I notice many pro iOS 7 folks like to bash those of us that disagree with their love of this OS. And in my opinion they are acting the way Windows followers bash Apple users. I only jumped on the Apple bandwagon in 2010 and while I like their products and have no desire to go back to the Windows platform, I don't like everything Apple creates and I shouldn't be attacked for expressing my feelings.

Last edited:

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I hate the mail, Safari and calendar icons. Everything else is fine but not perfect, iOS 8 still got some polishing to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.