Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
was on the phone with Apple support transferred to next level support who told me to turn off iCloud photos and turn back on again. I told him I did this, but wanted me to try again. Now to wait for the photos to upload. Then email him back.

on my iCloud.com shows 6,540 photos which is what I have on my iPP. iPhone shows 6,542 photos. iPP shows downloading 6 items stuck for a few days. Support said let’s work on one thing at a time. :rolleyes:

hopefully it gets uploaded before iOS 13.2 beta 1 drops.:)

It’s becoming more evident to me that communications within Apple Support are pretty much non-existent. We know for a fact that this has been reported many times now, yet the left hand doesn’t seem to know what the right hand is doing. Another example of how piss poor Apple can truly be. Good luck getting your photographs sorted

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
It’s becoming more evident to me that communications within Apple Support are pretty much non-existent. We know for a fact that this has been reported many times now, yet the left hand doesn’t seem to know what the right hand is doing. Another example of how piss poor Apple can truly be. Good luck getting your photographs sorted

Very true with Apple Support. My daughters phone was stuck downloading photos so I turned off iCloud photo rebooted phone turned on iCloud photo and ALL her photos downloaded! Maybe Apple fixed the photo iCloud problem server side?

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Very true with Apple Support. My daughters phone was stuck downloading photos so I turned off iCloud photo rebooted phone turned on iCloud photo and ALL her photos downloaded! Maybe Apple fixed the photo iCloud problem server side?
But if you turn iCloud Photos off it will remove the photos that were downloaded on the phone. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: DEMinSoCAL

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I have done this process a lot, bringing back photos from the cloud and something is jacked right now. I cannot get photos to fully download. It hangs. I turnoff Photos and soft reset and it automatically turns it back on. I have left my phone on WiFi on a charger overnight.. still not working.

I just tried this again and it said it would try bringing them again once a restore from backup was complete.. but I don’t ever restore a phone from a backup.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
It's been 4 days now since I restored from backup on a new iPhone 11 Pro Max and started with 5600 photos needing to be downloaded, and this morning, it's down to 374 left. Hopefully by tomorrow, it will be complete.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

Sadly, not for me it would seem.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Try removing all the faces that Photos is looking/scanning for. Mine seems to be moving a tad faster now. I wish I could turn off People entirely.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
Looks like this update will fix it

Attachments

• 0AB61025-5093-4833-BDF9-CDD1C48520A4.png
    0AB61025-5093-4833-BDF9-CDD1C48520A4.png
    810.5 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: PBz

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
13.1.2 does nothing. After update, Photos started downloading but stopped after about 6 photos.

PetterPan

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2019
All my photos is downloaded both to my IPhone Xs Max and Ipad 11, it says in status bar. But half of them are just black boxes and they are in completely random order mixed in years and days. Just a big mess with lots of photos missing

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
After turning off iCloud photo on iPhone, reboot, turn on iCloud photo and uploading 6,542 photos. Looked like everything was back to normal! Until I took a photo, recent photo uploaded ok (showed uploading 2 photos in photo app) but now stuck at uploading 1 item to icloud.

just emailed 2nd level support and waiting for a response. This is getting ridiculous now. How many times to turn off and on iCloud photo for the same issue. ?

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
After turning off iCloud photo on iPhone, reboot, turn on iCloud photo and uploading 6,542 photos. Looked like everything was back to normal! Until I took a photo, recent photo uploaded ok (showed uploading 2 photos in photo app) but now stuck at uploading 1 item to icloud.

just emailed 2nd level support and waiting for a response. This is getting ridiculous now. How many times to turn off and on iCloud photo for the same issue. ?
Could you please let me know how you turn iCloud photo off on iPhone without deleting all the photos store don it? There is a warning when you turn it off saying if you continue all photos on the phone will be erased. Am I missing something?

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
I'm waiting for my case to be handled further. Last night it downloaded some photos but the night before it did none.

I have a case number and a support engineer but he went quiet on me.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I have DFU’d my 11 Pro Max. It started the ‘Analyze” thing but stopped. When I enabled Download Originals it started that over. It SAYS it’s downloading my Original Photos (about 9K) but the number is not counting down. I may be making a trip to the Apple Store today. This phone is a week old and I couldn’t update it via OTA when I first got it. It’s been buggy.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
For what it's worth, when I did a restore from my iCloud backup, the photos would only download when my phone was on wifi and plugged in to a charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.