Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
It has always been like that in every iOS release, except it turns out

1) iOS 13 adoption is even faster than iOS 12 ( How could this be possible .... I guess people are now very used to Software update )

2) iCloud users and usage is forever increasing.

Which is the reason I have always been questioning Apple's commitment to iCloud since 2015. Their Datacenter expansion just isn't keeping up.

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
how can they ever keep up? - they've given everyone 5GB storage & 4K video.

there are people on other threads with 60GB in their Messages FFS ...

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Finally got the rest downloaded. I had to keep rebooting while plugged in, in early morning hours, like 3-4am. Was rebooting 4-5 times before it would start downloading.

We should all report to Apple!

aYvYyyPhNa

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2015
I’m down to 326 remaining from about 2k. Looks like it’s just taking its time. I’m only seeing progress overnight. It’s been 2-3 days so far.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Mine downloaded 1154 photos and videos overnight. But only because I have opened the photos app. 3389 are still missing. And this after 2 days with fast internet.

Where is the place in the settings where it showed how many % it downloaded?

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Left mine overnight again, plugged in to the mains and on WiFi, and not a single download. Utter ****!

Same here. Nothing loading anymore. And even the trick of restarting in the morning doesn't work anymore. I still have 8500 to go.

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
I sometimes would have to restart multiple times before getting it to go.

Did that too. 5 times this morning. Nothing. It's completely stuck.
I've just been on the phone with Apple, case has been escalated (I'm now on the 4th level if you will) and I have a support engineer who works in the media team. Tried all kinds of things, but he could also see it's not downloading as expected. We're continuing tomorrow.

In typical Apple arrogance, the fact that I mentioned that several other people have the same problem did not resonate at all (I got a polite "thank you"). So I'd recommend you also report it.

Reactions: thomamon

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Did that too. 5 times this morning. Nothing. It's completely stuck.
I've just been on the phone with Apple, case has been escalated (I'm now on the 4th level if you will) and I have a support engineer who works in the media team. Tried all kinds of things, but he could also see it's not downloading as expected. We're continuing tomorrow.

In typical Apple arrogance, the fact that I mentioned that several other people have the same problem did not resonate at all (I got a polite "thank you"). So I'd recommend you also report it.

what number did you call to reach Apple support?

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
I started with a chat, then the engineer told me someone would call me, which happend. The engineer who called me then referred me to another person, who then referred me yet to another person.

Reactions: john991

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Losing my patience with Apple. What a nightmare. Photos still downloading 21k photos forever. Now having issues with Apple ID. I never changed my Apple ID password for the last 10 years. Yes, maybe I should but I never needed. Today only I was forced to change it twice. For some reason neither my phone nor my Apple watch would work if I did not change the Apple ID password. I did once and couple hours later was forced to do it again. What is going on Apple??????

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
mine appeared to finish uploading, closed the photo app reloaded photo app and boom uploading that one photo again.

My iPhone does exactly the same occasionally with one picture, whatever that picture is. Then for whatever reason clears.

I’ve had no reply whatsoever to my email I sent to Apple about this. Actually, having said that, it’s probably still early morning there. I will wait.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
My iPhone does exactly the same occasionally with one picture, whatever that picture is. Then for whatever reason clears.

I’ve had no reply whatsoever to my email I sent to Apple about this. Actually, having said that, it’s probably still early morning there. I will wait.

was on the phone with Apple support transferred to next level support who told me to turn off iCloud photos and turn back on again. I told him I did this, but wanted me to try again. Now to wait for the photos to upload. Then email him back.

on my iCloud.com shows 6,540 photos which is what I have on my iPP. iPhone shows 6,542 photos. iPP shows downloading 6 items stuck for a few days. Support said let’s work on one thing at a time. :rolleyes:

hopefully it gets uploaded before iOS 13.2 beta 1 drops.:)

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.