Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My husband did hire a professional photographer for our wedding vow renewal ceremony. The photographer posed us nice and I saw how he used lighting in ways I never did or could. We didn’t order prints we just got files. They do look professional but I still looked like a potato in a wig like I do on iPhone pictures.

My original poverty stricken wedding photos taken on point-and-shoot cameras by my guests are preferable because I was still young, had a nice figure and a decent face back then.

Sigh. There’s only so much anyone can do with an out of shape old woman as a subject, even with thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment and still leave me looking recognizable.

So, I’ll stick to iPhones. But the pro model is now too complicated for me because I can’t even figure out if I should save my pictures as jpegs or HEIF. I may want to print out an occasional picture. My best subjects are kids, cats and birds and the occasional weird bug.

Reactions: sack_peak

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
If this or future iPhone Pro Max had a 1-inch image sensor would you be inclined to buy that?

oppo-find-x6-pro-1.jpg

Xiaomi-13-Ultra-Back.jpg

sharp-aquos-R8-pro-FI.jpg
I don't think I would. I'm invested in the Apple Eco-System and I have no issues with it. Everyone knows Apple doesn't have the best camera phone on the planet but the overall phones are the best in my opinion. I enjoy using a camera physically, so these are still phones and don't really help with that. I definitely would prefer Apple to just have 1 Lens and have it be with a much larger sensor and I almost never use anything but the main camera lens. Unfortunately I don't see Apple doing that for marketing reasons. The nerd in me would love to see what apple can do with a micro 4/3 sensor or even that 1 inch sensor. The dirty secret some of some companies don't tell you is that even though the use a 1 inch sensor for example, the camera hardware and lens doesn't actually use the entire 1 inch sensor because the lens size needed to cover it would be to large for a phone, so they use a part of the 1 inch sensor. It's really interesting how much companies can get away with when selling stuff to people. Imagine buying a car with a 6 cylinder engine, but the car only uses 4 of the cylinders to save gas.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
Honda VCM and all the others are sending you hello right now.
I know I had one. The difference is that was a “feature”. With the phones they didn’t tell you that they aren’t using the entire sensor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.