Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dac610

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2020
I have installed the local338 kit and everything is working without problems except unlock with watch in the lockscreen, I have been googling around for a bit and it seems that we need 4.2 BT for that.
So, until someone figures a workaround, the only option for now is the CDP 4.2 card.

That is why I'm sticking with High Sierra: no problems unlocking with my 3rd gen. Apple Watch (BCM94360CD card).

k3igo

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone! I can confirm that Apple Watch unlock is working with BCM943602CDP on my iMac 2011. I’ve an adapter from Ali with connected 3 wires (dc+/- and vcc). All features successfully been activated on HS and Catalina.

could you provide the link to the product in Ali bcoz I couldn't find any adapter that comes with all 3 wires readily connected there. thanks!

Ausdauersportler

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2019
could you provide the link to the product in Ali bcoz I couldn't find any adapter that comes with all 3 wires readily connected there. thanks!
Such an adapter does not exists and I never found the correct 6 pin female plug used on the old BT board to make a plug and play solution. Currently you have to pull the three contacts out of the original BT cable and solder them using a another cable to the adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: k3igo

tuzmaster

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2020
Russia
Such a adapter does not exists and I never found the correct 6 pin female plug used on the old BT board to make a plug and play solution. Currently you have to pull the three contacts out of the original BT cable and solder them using a another cable to the adapter.
I unsoldered the connector from the old board and soldered the wires to this connector.

Reactions: herrdude

Aesthetica

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2014
Since this thread specifies 'Internal Upgrade', is there a way to gain Airdrop et al with a USB dongle? iMac 2011 27 with Artheros card

Ausdauersportler

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2019
Not here! You may search the net. Changing the atheros card with a BCM94360x is not that complicated...and you get better Catalina and Big Sur support.

Aesthetica

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2014
Not here! You may search the net. Changing the atheros card with a BCM94360x is not that complicated...and you get better Catalina and Big Sur support.

Thanks! Does that mean that BCM94360CD + Mini PCIeAdapter + Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle + CAT = Continuity + Airdrop? Have I got that right?

Macfredb

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2020
hello everybody

Ok I just finished to install new wifi bluetooth card Broadcom BCM94360CD on my iMac 2011. I connect D+, D- and 3,3 Volt to old Bluetooth cable.
It works fine wifi OK, bluetooth ok, airdrop between iPad and mac OK but ...
in system preference, if handoff is check, it seems no works. When I begin an iMessage on iPhone for example, message don't appeared in mac OS dock.
Applewatch unlock don't works too.

Do I need to apply any patch ? I test on Catalina and High Sierra and it's the same problem.

herrdude

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Montreal
hello everybody

Ok I just finished to install new wifi bluetooth card Broadcom BCM94360CD on my iMac 2011. I connect D+, D- and 3,3 Volt to old Bluetooth cable.
It works fine wifi OK, bluetooth ok, airdrop between iPad and mac OK but ...
in system preference, if handoff is check, it seems no works. When I begin an iMessage on iPhone for example, message don't appeared in mac OS dock.
Applewatch unlock don't works too.

Do I need to apply any patch ? I test on Catalina and High Sierra and it's the same problem.
You need to use this card: BCM943602CDP for Applewatch unlock.

Reactions: BadBiscuit

Macfredb

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2020
@Macfredb
You need to edit a few files.
See posts #309 and #346

Apple Watch unlock works under High Sierra with BCM94360CD.
Hello thanks I do it with success on High Sierra. Handoff, continuity and unlock with Apple Watch works fine.

But on Catalina, I can't modify System file. My volume fusion drive is on read only.
How can I do ?
thanks

Alessandro De Santo

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2020
Hello i would like to upgrade only wifi of my imac mid 2010 with the card BCM94360CD
if i buy new card i can still use the"old" bluetooth?

RRPC

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2020
got the board + adapter. (no it din't come pre attached/inserted)
and RF cable to connect to the other side of the imac.

now the fun, again take the imac apart again. but for this mod. i dont have to dig so deep.
? if i can do the GPU and CPU.. this wil be a a easy job..
IMG_20200902_160952.jpg

Reactions: Rendell001

Ausdauersportler

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2019
You have to so
got the board + adapter. (no it din't come pre attached/inserted)
and RF cable to connect to the other side of the imac.

now the fun, again take the imac apart again. but for this mod. i dont have to dig so deep.
? if i can do the GPU and CPU.. this wil be a a easy job..
View attachment 949614
You have to solder both ends :) The 3.3V cable connects to the rightmost PIN on your extension board adapter slot. Somewhere are pictures how to solder that one correctly ....

Reactions: RRPC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.