Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Upgrade to Infuse 5 and save 30%

This week we were thrilled to release Infuse 5 - a major new version with many exciting new features. This release represents many months of work and is effectively our first paid update since the original release in 2013. The new subscription option allows us to continue building great new features to ensure Infuse remains the best in class video player for iOS and Apple TV.

Change is never easy, so in between bites of Thanksgiving turkey we worked to come up with a few ways to bring joy to all of our users again.

Here's what we're doing to make things right.

1. Starting today, Sunday November 27‌th, we're offering a 30% discount on the annual subscription of Infuse Pro. This discount will be available through December 11‌th. Upgrading to Infuse 5 before then guarantees you're able to receive the lowest price now AND lock in a permanent 30% discount on all renewals going forward.

2. Anyone who has already subscribed to the new Infuse Pro will automatically be switched to the discounted price.

3. Anyone who purchased Infuse v4 on or after August 1‌st, 2016 will be entitled to a free upgrade to v5 (more details).​

We're fully committed to developing great new features, and delighting all of our users with every new update. This is possible because of you, and we are so grateful for your support.

Check out the complete list of everything that's new in Infuse 5.

Download Infuse 5

No thanks, Monthly Subscription...LOL

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Ok what is the biggest differences between Infuse 4 Pro and Infuse 5 Pro please?

Also do you know if folder support is coming to Infuse 5 Pro or will it not be until Infuse 6 Pro ? :(

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Ok what is the biggest differences between Infuse 4 Pro and Infuse 5 Pro please?

Also do you know if folder support is coming to Infuse 5 Pro or will it not be until Infuse 6 Pro ? :(
A complete list of changes is available here. https://firecore.com/releases

Folders are supported in the current version, though if you're asking about the ability to create multiple folder levels, that is planned for a future v5 update. ;)

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
When wanting to use AirPlay with files that contain AC3/DTS audio, is it transcoded into AAC on the fly or will AirPlay only work for MP4 files that contain native audio to begin with?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
When wanting to use AirPlay with files that contain AC3/DTS audio, is it transcoded into AAC on the fly or will AirPlay only work for MP4 files that contain native audio to begin with?
Yes, if the audio format is supported in Infuse it can be used with AirPlay or Google Cast. Infuse will transcode audio automatically, if needed.

If your videos have multi-channel (5.1) AC3 audio, Infuse can also send this directly to the Apple TV. An option for this can be enabled/disabled in the Infuse Settings menu (Dolby over AirPlay).

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Yes, if the audio format is supported in Infuse it can be used with AirPlay or Google Cast. Infuse will transcode audio automatically, if needed.

If your videos have multi-channel (5.1) AC3 audio, Infuse can also send this directly to the Apple TV. An option for this can be enabled/disabled in the Infuse Settings menu (Dolby over AirPlay).
Thanks very much. Any chance you guys can add download of videos from YouTube for offline watching?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thanks very much. Any chance you guys can add download of videos from YouTube for offline watching?
No problem.

With regard to YouTube, it's against their TOS to download videos, and Apple has taken steps to 'encourage' apps that do this to remove this feature. Sorry. :(

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
No problem.

With regard to YouTube, it's against their TOS to download videos, and Apple has taken steps to 'encourage' apps that do this to remove this feature. Sorry. :(
Hmm, YouTube's own Red membership allows people to save videos for offline playback. Thus, I don't see how it can be against their TOS when they let own users do that already. It may be undercutting their Red service, but that's another matter.

A couple of other minor points:

1. You guys haven't fixed that issue where swiping up to show Control Center while playing video stops playback.
2. When pausing playback, exiting the app, potentially doing something and then going back into the app causes playback to resume automatically even when it is not desired. It's one thing to do that if playback was stopped as a result of exiting the app, but another if it was explicitly paused.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hmm, YouTube's own Red membership allows people to save videos for offline playback. Thus, I don't see how it can be against their TOS when they let own users do that already. It may be undercutting their Red service, but that's another matter.

A couple of other minor points:

1. You guys haven't fixed that issue where swiping up to show Control Center while playing video stops playback.
2. When pausing playback, exiting the app, potentially doing something and then going back into the app causes playback to resume automatically even when it is not desired. It's one thing to do that if playback was stopped as a result of exiting the app, but another if it was explicitly paused.
Well, since Red is a paid membership, that's probably one of the reasons why YouTube doesn't want other apps to have this ability. Apple's official policy basically says you cannot download content from YouTube (Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc...) unless you have explicit permission from them to do so. :(

I'll pass along your feedback on the other 2 items and see if we can look into those. Thanks! ;)

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
I'll pass along your feedback on the other 2 items and see if we can look into those. Thanks! ;)
Thanks for looking into those. Just started a trial and fixing those couple of glitches will go a long way to convince me to subscribe.

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Also, what about videos whose synopsis metadata the app cannot find even through search? A lot of these are recurring events but don't necessarily appear on the likes of IMDB etc. You should either allow manual URL entry for pages to parse or expand the search spectrum.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
The latest version of Infuse for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV is here, and it brings with it some pretty awesome things we think you're going to love. Here's a quick rundown of what's new...

Movie collections
Infuse now automagically tidies up your Library by grouping sequels into collections. Can't remember the name of the second Fast and Furious movie, or the third Bond film with Sean Connery? Wonder no more - just search or browse for a collection and all titles will be grouped together and ordered by their release date. Boom! Collections are available in all existing Library categories, or through the new dedicated Collections section - which may come in handy if you're looking for a full series to binge on.

infuse51-collections_2x.png

Super-fast search
Find what you're looking for in a flash with our new super-fast search for Apple TV. Search by entering a single letter, or use Siri to dictate a full title. Infuse will instantly start searching for movies, collections, and TV series/episodes. Finding something great to watch has never been easier.

infuse51-search_2x.png

Plus even more...
We've also baked in a few other goodies like video deinterlacing, 3D touch, and a number of other improvements. A complete list of what's new can found here. You can also take a peek at some of the great new things we're working on for 5.2, and vote on other features you'd like to see added in future updates in our new feature request section.

Upgrade and save 30%
The release of Infuse 5 last month brought with it many great new features, and in the spirit of Christmas we've decided to extend the 30% discount through the end of the year! Anyone who subscribes to the new Infuse Pro during 2016 will be able to lock in a permanent 30% price discount. That's right, you'll get the discount this year, and every year after as well! Having an annual subscription to Infuse Pro ensures you always have the latest and greatest version, and empowers us to continue adding great new features and get them into your hands faster than ever before.

To take advantage of this discount, simply download Infuse 5 and start your free month long trial of Infuse Pro before 2017 arrives. If you prefer a one-time purchase we have a standalone Pro version available as well.

Thanks!
We're super-grateful for your support, and as always love hearing from you - so please feel free to drop us a note with any thoughts or questions you may have.

Happy Holidays!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Hi

Where exactly are the 3D Touch actions out of interest? Tried the icon and other places on my 7 Plus, reveals nothing, heh.

Thanks.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi

Where exactly are the 3D Touch actions out of interest? Tried the icon and other places on my 7 Plus, reveals nothing, heh.

Thanks.
5.1 includes Quick Actions, which allow you to access Favorites as well as the last played item from the iOS home screen (3D Touch the Infuse icon).

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
5.1 includes Quick Actions, which allow you to access Favorites as well as the last played item from the iOS home screen (3D Touch the Infuse icon).

Hmm, I assumed as much but all I'm getting is the stock "Share Infuse" dialogue.

Infuse Pro 5.1, iPhone 7 Plus and I've tried rebooting.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hmm, I assumed as much but all I'm getting is the stock "Share Infuse" dialogue.

Infuse Pro 5.1, iPhone 7 Plus and I've tried rebooting.
You will need to open the app at least once after updating. Also, the last played item will only apply to something that has been started after updating to 5.1.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Strange, just tried that (although I've launched and relaunched multiple times previously) and still no 3D Touch menu.

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
@firecore did 10.2 break iPad PiP? I think my PiP stopped working right around the time 10.2 came out. I have not updated to 5.1 yet, this was happening on 5.0.2.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Yeah, I think AVI's can only be played in split screen, not pip.

MP4‘s and MKV's can do both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.