Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
I can't believe this bug hasn't been crushed yet. I paid for the iOS and ATV 4 version and now I can't access the contents from my computer (since infuse for ATV can't store anything) for several days, as explained here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-for-apple-tv-released.1942307/page-56#post-25497074
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-for-apple-tv-released.1942307/page-56#post-25493241

As long as this bug remains I won't be recommending this app for either iOS or ATV. nPlayer for iOS:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-pro-vs-nplayer-plus.2052537/

Can recognize Windows 10 instantly, even with this Fall Creators update. When you scan for a network Windows is listed there. This never happened with it.

I think Micro$oft did a total mess with this update and I will be formatting my hard drive soon because now I can't get proper speeds in my own network, I can't send a file with over 20 MB/s and a little while ago I was getting 60 MB/s.

Even if that's the case, the fact one rival app still continues to work and Infuse is broken is inexcusable.

To make matters worse this bug also happens in inFuse Pro 4.3.6, for both iOS and Apple TV, the last version I had the right to use before the 5.X, where I had to pay for it again. My free subscription sent by firecore (1 year, for the 5.X versions) will expire in 2 weeks and then I will be out of luck.

Even if I paid for the app at this point I wouldn't be able to use it, with the aforementioned bug. Really, this is the last time in my life I update the OS. All these companies (Apple with iOS 11 included) have nothing better to do besides releasing new versions just for the sake of it and to get users in trouble. It's a scam and I am sick of this game.

Reactions: max2

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
With the last update this bug hasn't been fixed, but inFuse for iOS and Apple TV now recognizes the IP 192.168.8.105 from my network, identified as "Win", with a MAC address different from my PC which uses 192.168.8.144, and it's a permanent address. Right now there are 13 different connections to this network. I don't know who "Win" is, but it's certainly not the PC which was always recognized by Infuse, and it is still seen by VLC for ATV.

Reactions: max2

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
That's just perfect: an old bug I thought it was gone for good it's still there.

As I said before apparently after I installed the Fall Creators Update inFuse for iOS and tvOs (Apple TV 4) stopped recognizing my PC. For ATV I can't access at all. Not only it's invisible there, I can't add manually. This is something @firecore should have added already, any similar app allows you to manually insert the credentials.

It only shows "Others" and that's it.

Note: You can insert the credentials by selecting "Others" but can't save the data. The "save" button can't be used.

For iOS I already had added my PC (back then when inFuse worked for both iOS and ATV, and this Fall Creators wasn't installed), so I can still access the contents from the PC in the iOS version.

But if I just open the app guess what happens?

My PC, which was turned off via the case power button (including the monitor - I was in my bed), is turned on again. You heard me: I had to get up and turn the PC off again. :eek::rolleyes: I believe the name of this second bug is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

Infuse is remotely turning on my computer, after trying to access the PC contents, which uses the IP 192.168.8.144 (already added in the iOS version, so the credentials are saved there). This is a "feature" that I have never seen in any iOS app...

What I am going to do is to format this computer using the Fall Creators to see if the bug is gone and will never install this terrible update again, since it also did that to my internet:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...nly-after-i-reenable-network-adapter.2526533/

What is really odd is that the two bugs only affect Infuse. nPlayer, which is a similar and rival app, doesn't wake my PC and recognizes it (IP 192.168.8.144) immediately, if I want to add.

Another thing I discovered is that it's not limited to the 5.X version. Infuse Pro 4.3.6, the last 4.x version, have the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. That tells me right away it's the Fall Creator's Update fault.

Still that doesn't explain why @firecore hasn't fixed this yet, since it's only his app that isn't accepting the Fall Creators update.

I am surprised to be the only person complaining.

P.S. The 5.2 update says:

- Resolved issues with Wake-on-LAN

Apparently they are back, then.

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I can't believe this bug hasn't been crushed yet. I paid for the iOS and ATV 4 version and now I can't access the contents from my computer (since infuse for ATV can't store anything) for several days, as explained here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-for-apple-tv-released.1942307/page-56#post-25497074
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-for-apple-tv-released.1942307/page-56#post-25493241

As long as this bug remains I won't be recommending this app for either iOS or ATV. nPlayer for iOS:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-pro-vs-nplayer-plus.2052537/

Can recognize Windows 10 instantly, even with this Fall Creators update. When you scan for a network Windows is listed there. This never happened with it.

I think Micro$oft did a total mess with this update and I will be formatting my hard drive soon because now I can't get proper speeds in my own network, I can't send a file with over 20 MB/s and a little while ago I was getting 60 MB/s.

Even if that's the case, the fact one rival app still continues to work and Infuse is broken is inexcusable.

To make matters worse this bug also happens in inFuse Pro 4.3.6, for both iOS and Apple TV, the last version I had the right to use before the 5.X, where I had to pay for it again. My free subscription sent by firecore (1 year, for the 5.X versions) will expire in 2 weeks and then I will be out of luck.

Even if I paid for the app at this point I wouldn't be able to use it, with the aforementioned bug. Really, this is the last time in my life I update the OS. All these companies (Apple with iOS 11 included) have nothing better to do besides releasing new versions just for the sake of it and to get users in trouble. It's a scam and I am sick of this game.
Windows streaming support should improve once we roll out our new SMB implementation in early 2018. This will support the latest SMB3 protocol, and provide much better streaming for SMB1 and SMB2 as well.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
Here's an update: contrary to what I said Infuse for both iOS and Apple TV 4 can add my Windows 10-64 bit using the Fall Creators Update, if I enter manually the credentials and save them. Previously I was only able to do this using iOS, but now the ATV seems to be working and the "SAVE" button can be used. Perhaps some data was not entered when I tried.

The credentials are:

Name of the computer
Workgroup (leave blank)
IP (for my PC it's 192.168.8.144. Router's gateway is 192.168.8.1, and the .44 IP is permanent, assigned by the gigabit router)
Login (from Windows)
Password (from Windows)

Pictures taken minutes ago:
https://imgur.com/a/rxr8W

When I finally managed to solve this after having give up a long time ago.

Right now Infuse Pro 4.3.7 for iOS and ATV 4 can read the contents from my Hard Drive, I don't have a 5.X subscription, but it's safe to assume it works there, too.

Despite this workaround the bug still remains for both iOS and ATV 4, since the 192.168.8.144 IP is not detected automatically, and other apps (for iOS, and VLC for ATV) can detect it right away. I believe there's something interfering with this recognition, other apps while scanning my network can see the PC in it.

As for the wake on LAN bug in the iOS version (mentioned in the iOS thread) I have no idea what caused it.

What I am going to do is format the PC and reinstall Windows 10 (hopefully without that Fall Creators Update). After that I think this detection problem will be solved for good.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Some things in life are worth waiting for, but now there's no need to wait any longer.

Today we're very excited to roll out Infuse 5.7 with our all-new, native Plex integration! We're also introducing a new design for Apple TV which we think is pretty fantastic too. More info on both can be seen below.

Infuse + Plex =
Some say it's a match made in heaven, others say it's simply magic – whatever you want to call it, our friends using Plex can now access videos (while home or away) and keep libraries, metadata, artwork, and watched history all in sync. Also, thanks to Infuse's robust codec support, you'll be able to enjoy videos in their full, original quality (including glorious 4K HDR and lossless audio). No transcoding required – simply browse, play, and enjoy!

infuse57-plex_2x.jpg

A new look for tv
Infuse on Apple TV has gotten a shiny new design, which features some slick new options for Favorites and Lists. Favorites have been around for awhile, and Lists are rows of content which appear right on the home screen. These can be used for just about anything, including Recently Added Movies, Unwatched TV Shows, or Action Movies. Whatever you're into, Lists are a great way to place categories you frequently use front and center which makes finding something to watch quicker and easier than ever before! Of course everything is fully customizable, so you have total control over what is displayed. More info on setting up Favorites and Lists can be found here.

infuse57-home_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
We've also packed in a bunch of under-the-hood changes in recent updates to keep things running smoothly, and a complete list of what's new can be found here.

Do more with PRO
Enjoy more video formats, iCloud sync, lossless HD audio, and more when you go Pro. Download Infuse 5 today and test drive all the awesome new Pro features for an entire month, for free!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions - so please feel free to post a comment below or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy! :cool:

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words well can someone using Infuse Pro 5 on a iPhone or iPad show me how exactly it integrates with Plex please ?

Thanks.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words well can someone using Infuse Pro 5 on a iPhone or iPad show me how exactly it integrates with Plex please ?

Thanks.
Sure! Here's a few images which show how things look on an iPhone.

IMG_0551.png IMG_0552.png IMG_0553.png IMG_0554.png IMG_0555.png

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Today we're rolling out a little 5.8 update with a long-awaited feature: Live preview scrubbing.

Live preview scrubbing
Infuse will now display a small thumbnail while seeking forward or back through your videos, making it much easier to find the exact scene you are looking for. Live preview scrubbing is available on both iOS and Apple TV, and works with all video and network share types.

infuse58-live_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
A number of other awesome improvements have been packed into recent releases, and a complete list of what's new can be found here.

Enjoy! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.