Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
We've been hard at work to make watching videos in Infuse even better and more enjoyable. In version 3.4 we've added a handful of exciting improvements including new organization options, background audio playback, and more!

Organize videos using folders
An all-new folders option provides the ability to manually organize videos to your heart's content. You can even set custom artwork for each, allowing everything to mesh seamlessly with the native Infuse layout.

Background (audio) playback
Background playback allows for a video's audio to continue playing in the background while using other apps or while your device is locked. This is handy when leaving the app to repsond to a quick email, or for playing a continuous stream of music videos. Background playback requires Infuse Pro.

And more...
  • Landscape lock setting for iPhone
  • File size is now shown when browsing shares through Add Files screen
  • Callback URLs for streaming from other apps
  • Added Turkish translation - thanks Semih!
  • Delete videos from ticket view
  • Option to show filenames instead of fetched names
  • Improved speed of video artwork caching and loading
  • Improved speed and stability of SMB connections
  • Resolved issues with some direct URLs not working
  • Auto-empty URL field after a link is saved
  • Other minor improvements and fixes
Download Infuse 3.4 on the App Store, for free.
http://apps.firecore.com/infuse
Not here I'm afraid. It's gone from slow to almost unsuable in this version.

When using Goodreader I can flick through folders in the blink of an eye. nPlayer not quite so quick, a couple of seconds to open a folder, but quick enough. Unfortunately Infuse takes several minutes to open folders when browsing through them, timing out as often as not.

Shame, and I hope you guys manage to fix it, because as a player, it is a great app.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Not here I'm afraid. It's gone from slow to almost unsuable in this version.

When using Goodreader I can flick through folders in the blink of an eye. nPlayer not quite so quick, a couple of seconds to open a folder, but quick enough. Unfortunately Infuse takes several minutes to open folders when browsing through them, timing out as often as not.

Shame, and I hope you guys manage to fix it, because as a player, it is a great app.
Hmm, sorry about that. We'd love to learn a little bit more about what's going on. FWIW, things are way faster in every environment we've tried.

If you have a sec to drop us a note from within the Infuse app (let us know what type of device you're streaming from) it would be super helpful. http://support.firecore.com/entries/26759150-Submitting-Diagnostic-Logs

shifomu

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014
We're also working with Synology to get Infuse added, and it sounds like this will be available in the next update of DS File.

Hi Firecore,

Do you know if it's possible to stream DTS encoded files from Synology NAS > Infuse Pro > Apple TV?

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
Just like to say, still experiencing the slow file browsing I mentioned above, but cannot criticise the support from Firecore at all. They've been straight onto every message asking me to try things, provide info and suggesting workarounds.

Top marks. Hopefully helps them solve the issue (which seems to be related to the metadata views).

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Just like to say, still experiencing the slow file browsing I mentioned above, but cannot criticise the support from Firecore at all. They've been straight onto every message asking me to try things, provide info and suggesting workarounds.

Top marks. Hopefully helps them solve the issue (which seems to be related to the metadata views).
We're tracking down a few leads, and hope to have it solved soon.

Thanks for your patience. ;)

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
We're tracking down a few leads, and hope to have it solved soon.

Thanks for your patience. ;)
Had an email last night saying a new version is coming out with the issue fixed.

Really good customer service.

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Another nplayer user here, who is looking for some better features...

Do infuse actually supports streaming all formats of movies flawlessly to the chromecast device or is it just the movies which are supported by chromecast streamed through?

And I hope it doesn't require a transcoding server running somewhere else.

I am looking to play mkv files with different encodings directly off my wd my book live to the chromecast.

Also will it be reliable enough, I mean do the iPhone screen needs to be on during casting? I don't want to keep touching my phone during watching a movie

Is there any chance I can get a demo of the chromecast features before I buy it.

Note: I liked what I saw in the free version and love the fact that this app is actively developed and supported, that's a wonderful job you guys have done and are still doing. If only I hadn't made my friends already purchase a different media player (nplayer was my best), I would have given you at least 20 sales. I do still get new friends switching over from android to iOS and the first thing they hate is the movie playability through converted iTunes files only.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi, do you have any plans to add support for ordered chapters for mkv

We'll take a look. Thanks!

Had an email last night saying a new version is coming out with the issue fixed.

Really good customer service.

Waiting for a quick approval from Apple. ;)

Do infuse actually supports streaming all formats of movies flawlessly to the chromecast device or is it just the movies which are supported by chromecast streamed through?

And I hope it doesn't require a transcoding server running somewhere else.

I am looking to play mkv files with different encodings directly off my wd my book live to the chromecast.

Also will it be reliable enough, I mean do the iPhone screen needs to be on during casting? I don't want to keep touching my phone during watching a movie

Is there any chance I can get a demo of the chromecast features before I buy it.

Note: I liked what I saw in the free version and love the fact that this app is actively developed and supported, that's a wonderful job you guys have done and are still doing. If only I hadn't made my friends already purchase a different media player (nplayer was my best), I would have given you at least 20 sales. I do still get new friends switching over from android to iOS and the first thing they hate is the movie playability through converted iTunes files only.

Infuse will support most any h.264 or VP8 video, whether that video is in an MP4, MKV, M4V, AVI, etc... In a nutshell, if Infuse is displaying Google Cast icon while a video is playing, then that video is eligible to be streamed to your Chromecast.

Infuse doesn't require any kind of server components, and never will.

The ability to Cast in the background was added in Infuse 3.3, so you can use other apps or have the device locked while streaming.

Hope this helps. :)

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Do the cast icon come only in pro version, I am still on the free and don't see any cast icon during playback in any of my videos.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Do the cast icon come only in pro version, I am still on the free and don't see any cast icon during playback in any of my videos.
The Cast icon will appear in both the free and Pro versions for Cast compatible videos.

Note: Content that has been synced through iTunes cannot be Casted, no matter the format. You're best bet will be to use one of the other transfer options described here. http://support.firecore.com/forums/22068788-Adding-Videos

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
The Cast icon will appear in both the free and Pro versions for Cast compatible videos.

Note: Content that has been synced through iTunes cannot be Casted, no matter the format. You're best bet will be to use one of the other transfer options described here. http://support.firecore.com/forums/22068788-Adding-Videos

I am trying to play videos directly from my NAS (WD MyBookLive), I am not transferring it to my iphone. Its possible right? to cast a file from the NAS itself

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I am trying to play videos directly from my NAS (WD MyBookLive), I am not transferring it to my iphone. Its possible right? to cast a file from the NAS itself
Yes, streamed or local files can be Casted. If the Cast icon isn't appearing for streamed files, it may be because the videos are not Cast compatible.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 3.5 is now available!

What's new in 3.5
  • Passcode & Touch ID lock options
  • Faster SMB browsing
  • Improved filename/title matching
  • Resolved issues with trakt offline sync
  • Resolved rare AirPlay issue

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
I was unable to control the chromecast volume via the infuse media player. Am I doing anything wrong?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands

Welcome to the Infuse community. I also bought nPlayer but also switched to Infuse 3 Pro (the paid version). It costs a bit more but offers so much more (automatic metadata download, opensubtitles.org and offers Chromecast support for a long time already). I did notice nPlayer recently did an update but you have to pay again for the app as an existing customer :( to get the Chromecast support.

I'm using Infuse for months now together with the Chromecast and it works excellent (as long as the files are supported). I'm also getting my files from my local NAS and stream them via Infuse to my Chromecast on my tv. I'm also using the excellent opensubtitles.org feature to get subtitles (if available) in e.g. English or Dutch for movies and tv series.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 3.6 is now available! We've added in a handful of nice improvements such as subtitle font settings, UI and performance improvements as well as a number of tune-ups to ensure everything works smoothly with iOS 9.

What's new in 3.6
  • Optimized for iOS 9
  • New first run tutorial screens
  • Subtitle font setting
  • Added 30 sec forward button
  • Improved sidebar design
  • Improved 'forced' subtitle handling
  • Improved URL scheme handling
  • Numerous UI improvements
  • Resolved minor playback issues
  • Russian localization improvements - thanks Dmitriy, Ildar & Nurlan!

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Will it be possible to support multitasking side by side and pip for iPad eventually ?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Both are something we're hoping to support eventually. Though, Apple limits what type of content can be displayed in the PIP window, so unfortunately Infuse can't make good use of this, at least for right now.

What are the limitations with PiP in regards to video?
Can the video be played from the internet only and not from a local NAS?

I would love to see PiP supported by Infuse if possible.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
What are the limitations with PiP in regards to video?
Can the video be played from the internet only and not from a local NAS?

I would love to see PiP supported by Infuse if possible.
It's limited to standard Apple video formats, though this may change at some point in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.