Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Yes. Any videos streamed over native AirPlay can be controlled with the Apple TV remote, or with the Infuse app.

I'm still undecided with the pro version. It's really an awesome app. The best media player I've tried so far. I'll give it a couple of days before I pull the trigger on the pro version. Wish it was a bit cheaper. But it's a well polished app so I underatand the premium price.

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Could someone please help me setup Infuse so i can acces my shares from the NAS? I can't get it work... Strange.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Is there also a simple list view instead of thumbnails? Just want to see my files/folders as a normal windows explorer:)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is there also a simple list view instead of thumbnails? Just want to see my files/folders as a normal windows explorer:)

Yep. You can also browse shares in a bare bones list view.

Attachments

• 2014-09-26 15.14.09.png
    2014-09-26 15.14.09.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 216

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Infuse 3 media player updated for iOS 8 - now includes DTS audio!

Cool. Thanks!
Any new features coming in the near future?:)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Cool. Thanks!
Any new features coming in the near future?:)

Yep.

3.2.2 with a few minor improvements should be out within the next few days.

A major 3.3 update with some great new goodies is also in the works and will be out within the next few weeks. ;)

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It's a great app which i bought mainly because of the Chromecast support. I already had the nPlayer app but that lacks quite a few features (e.g. opensubtitles, Chromecast, automatic metadata download).

I do hope a future version will have background playback available similar to the AllCast app. The AllCast app lacks support for most AVI and MKV files to play correctly e.g. because of AC3 audio. Infuse does support this. I only found one AVI file that didn't play on my Chromecast (no button was visible in the app) probably because the Chrome SDK doesn't support this or because the Chromecast feature is still in Beta with Infuse.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
It's a great app which i bought mainly because of the Chromecast support. I already had the nPlayer app but that lacks quite a few features (e.g. opensubtitles, Chromecast, automatic metadata download).

I do hope a future version will have background playback available similar to the AllCast app. The AllCast app lacks support for most AVI and MKV files to play correctly e.g. because of AC3 audio. Infuse does support this. I only found one AVI file that didn't play on my Chromecast (no button was visible in the app) probably because the Chrome SDK doesn't support this or because the Chromecast feature is still in Beta with Infuse.

Thanks for the kind words.

We're working on a number of improvements for Chromecast streaming, including something that we're hoping will allow videos to be Casted in the background. We're planning to have these improvements included in the 3.3 update which will be available in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned. :)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 3.3 has arrived, and with it brings a whole host of under-the-hood improvements to make life better than ever before. We've baked-in improved Dolby Audio, and better Google Cast streaming that allows you to continue Casting while using other apps, or while the device is locked.

We've also included a few other goodies, so be sure to check out our latest blog post (http://blog.firecore.com/13071) for all the details.

Download Infuse 3.3 on the App Store (free)
http://apps.firecore.com/infuse

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Infuse 3.3 has arrived, and with it brings a whole host of under-the-hood improvements to make life better than ever before. We've baked-in improved Dolby Audio, and better Google Cast streaming that allows you to continue Casting while using other apps, or while the device is locked.

We've also included a few other goodies, so be sure to check out our latest blog post (http://blog.firecore.com/13071) for all the details.

Download Infuse 3.3 on the App Store (free)
http://apps.firecore.com/infuse

Folders?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 3.3.1 is available today, and features full 64-bit support. 64-bit chips now power a fairly large chunk of the iOS lineup, and optimized apps can see performance gains of 20-40% when compared to apps built for 32-bit only. Naturally, a few other fixes and improvements have also been added.

What's new in 3.3.1
  • Fulll 64-bit support, resulting in 20-40% better performance
  • New DTS-HD Audio library
  • OAuth trakt logins for improved reliability
  • Better handling of new remote streaming sources
  • Improved playback of files with incorrect timestamps
  • Resolved issues with mirroring on iOS 8.3
  • Resolved a few AirPlay related issues
  • Resolved issue resulting in black subtitles
  • Other minor improvements and fixes
More awesome features coming soon. :)

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Infuse 3.3.1 is available today, and features full 64-bit support. 64-bit chips now power a fairly large chunk of the iOS lineup, and optimized apps can see performance gains of 20-40% when compared to apps built for 32-bit only. Naturally, a few other fixes and improvements have also been added.

What's new in 3.3.1
  • Fulll 64-bit support, resulting in 20-40% better performance
  • New DTS-HD Audio library
  • OAuth trakt logins for improved reliability
  • Better handling of new remote streaming sources
  • Improved playback of files with incorrect timestamps
  • Resolved issues with mirroring on iOS 8.3
  • Resolved a few AirPlay related issues
  • Resolved issue resulting in black subtitles
  • Other minor improvements and fixes
More awesome features coming soon. :)

More features please. Subtitle,folder,cloud

Mattymoocow

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
does anyone else have trouble with this app crashing and closing or even rebooting the their iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.