Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Does infuse support .srt subtitle when playing via dlna server? I use Serviio as the media server. Subtitle is placed on the same folder as the movie.

e.g.
Movie.mkv
Movie.srt

Subtitle is enabled but its not displayed. Tried playing the same movie via Nplayer and it works correctly.

BTW, you should consider using Subler to quickly and effortlessly include those external subs internally in the mkv file. It's really fast - no reencoding necessary.

Souskei

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Any news on Chromecast support?

I've swithed over to infuse (3) pro for my main video needs on all my iOS devices and would LOVE Chromecast support (I don't want to drop a bill on an appleTV :)) I'm currently using filebrowser for my Chromecast needs but love the UI on infuse much better.

Anyways - to those that are still wondering - I spent the 10 dollars on this app and it's worth every cent.
I've recently moved all my movies to a WD Mycloud and the playback on infuse is flawless. (All my MKV files are upwards to 15gb a movie with DTS and high audio and video but rates) subtitles and audio are always in sync.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Any news on Chromecast support?

I've swithed over to infuse (3) pro for my main video needs on all my iOS devices and would LOVE Chromecast support (I don't want to drop a bill on an appleTV :)) I'm currently using filebrowser for my Chromecast needs but love the UI on infuse much better.

Anyways - to those that are still wondering - I spent the 10 dollars on this app and it's worth every cent.
I've recently moved all my movies to a WD Mycloud and the playback on infuse is flawless. (All my MKV files are upwards to 15gb a movie with DTS and high audio and video but rates) subtitles and audio are always in sync.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Yes! Chromecast streaming is one of the top things we are working to add, so we're hoping to have more news soon.

saskiaudo

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Hi..

I bought this app in a heartbeat after being using ArkMC for the past 2 years.

Great apps btw..

Just a quick question, I am currently storing all my movie files in my WD MyCloud NAS through an ASUS RT-N66u wireless router.

I love the concept being able to have the metadata shown in my Ipad/Iphone, but what I have notice so far is that everytime I access different folder, the metadata keep on reloading itself.. Is there anyway I can have the metadata save permanently on my Iphone/Ipad ??

My current movie files do not have metadata included in the folder therefore all metadata is retrieved by Infuse 3..

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi..

I bought this app in a heartbeat after being using ArkMC for the past 2 years.

Great apps btw..

Just a quick question, I am currently storing all my movie files in my WD MyCloud NAS through an ASUS RT-N66u wireless router.

I love the concept being able to have the metadata shown in my Ipad/Iphone, but what I have notice so far is that everytime I access different folder, the metadata keep on reloading itself.. Is there anyway I can have the metadata save permanently on my Iphone/Ipad ??

My current movie files do not have metadata included in the folder therefore all metadata is retrieved by Infuse 3..
Metatadata is cached on the device itself, so it won't be refetching each time. However, we are looking into a few cases where metadata is not loaded instantly, and we hope to have a few improvements available soon.

----------

Are we still waiting for support for folders for media stored on the device?

Folder support is in the works and will be available in an upcoming version.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Metatadata is cached on the device itself, so it won't be refetching each time. However, we are looking into a few cases where metadata is not loaded instantly, and we hope to have a few improvements available soon.

----------

Folder support is in the works and will be available in an upcoming version.

Thanks, but hasn't that been the line since the first version was released??

g8mb1t

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2015
DTS with apple tv airplay

Will i be able to airplay from my phone to my apple tv and have DTS audio playing? or will it downstream it to stereo?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Will i be able to airplay from my phone to my apple tv and have DTS audio playing? or will it downstream it to stereo?

Right now it will down mix to stereo since the Apple TV and AirPlay do not natively support DTS. We're looking into a few ways around this that may work to enable 5.1 DTS over AirPlay, but don't have an ETA on when this may be available (or possible) just yet.

rick_w

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
hi I purchased it yesterday and so far so good

The only thing I have noticed is compared to the plex ios app infuse seems to be terribly slow (read to the point of not wanting to use it) at collecting metadata or building and showing the files within a specific folder

Like most I have a large collection of media files

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
I suppose that depends on your device and network connection, it runs fine on the 5 terabytes+ of media on my media server.

rick_w

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
Ipad Mini 1 - 152mb internet connection; Apple Router 2tb of data; data held off the back of a Mac Mini 2.7ghz; 256gb SSD 2014

I get a big scrowling circle thing - metadata updates and then cover art

If you scroll through the metadata seems to not keep pace the pictures update slowly compared to plex

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
It's working very well on my iPad Air 2, it was a little slow the first time I ran it, so I left it to complete its data download, then the next time I ran it it was pretty much fine.

rick_w

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
i guess you mean the updates of the metadata was slow?

I am hoping its just an initial start up gathering the metadata otherwise its too slow to be useful to me as nplayer and other recommended apps are a lot quicker albeit not having the fancy dan metadata which does look pretty

Pretty is fine but if it is too slow to scroll through to be usable I will use other apps

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
After the first initial download of the metadata the very first time I used the app, it was a little slow, once it was cached though I never had a problem again and it is pretty much instant at showing the art as you scroll.

rick_w

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
how big should the cached metadata when it is complete? Roughly I noticed this has come up earlier in the thread and firecore mentioned there was a bug for some whereby the metadata was not being retained - perhaps that is why it is running so slow for me

rick_w

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
OK got the Seagate wireless drive and all data loaded on it - the Seagate App can see the media as can Its Playing Pro but nPlayer and unfortunately Infuse cannot

Something I am doing wrong?

update
looks like a problem with the wireless drive dropping wifi all the time

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
how big should the cached metadata when it is complete? Roughly I noticed this has come up earlier in the thread and firecore mentioned there was a bug for some whereby the metadata was not being retained - perhaps that is why it is running so slow for me

The cache size will depend on your device, and the number of files. In essence, Infuse stores 3 main things: Textual metadata about the movie/show, poster art, and fanart. The artwork it stores is device specific, so for the same content an iPhone 5 will have a smaller cache compared to an iPad Air.

Hope this helps.

rick_w

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
it does - sort of :)

Eventually will the metadata fill out and be complete and be accessable offline?

Currently if I go to a wifi-drive no metadata at all is shown

I also seem to have a problem whereby whole folders are missing but can be seen by other apps (eg have a films folder showing fine but the tv folder and all its content is missing)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
it does - sort of :)

Eventually will the metadata fill out and be complete and be accessable offline?

Currently if I go to a wifi-drive no metadata at all is shown

I also seem to have a problem whereby whole folders are missing but can be seen by other apps (eg have a films folder showing fine but the tv folder and all its content is missing)

Once the metadata has been downloaded it will be cached for offline use. You can see the cache size grow in the Infuse sidebar settings menu to keep an eye on exactly how much space is being used.

If you're still having trouble with some of your folders, please drop us a note and we can try and assist. http://firecore.com/contact

stream41

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
Does this app support any higher-level streams? HD Master, TrueHD, etc. Thanks!

Edit: I see that it supports DTS HD. A lot of my mkv's are in TrueHD. Will it mix those down, or just not play any audio?

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Does this app support any higher-level streams? HD Master, TrueHD, etc. Thanks!

Edit: I see that it supports DTS HD. A lot of my mkv's are in TrueHD. Will it mix those down, or just not play any audio?

Yes, Infuse 3 is certified for DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-HD MA, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, plus a few other less commonly used ones.

Additionally, if your video has multiple audio tracks you can pick and choose which one you'd like Infuse to use. This is especially handy for switching between different audio languages.

Attachments

• 2015-01-26 11.21.40.png
    2015-01-26 11.21.40.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 286
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.