Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
Once you determine the problem I would like to see the change applied to the iOS IPad version. It is also taking a long time to get started. I am hoping for pretty much instant start like every other App I have that view these videos. My start times require at least 10 seconds and up to 18 seconds. I have timed them many times now.

mine takes 3 seconds to start a movie. I can deal with that since I only do it once for each movie. Rew/FF performance is more critical since I can rev/FF multiple times in a movie. currently 10-second rew/FF performance is so slow (5-6seconds) that I don't want to use it.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
mine takes 3 seconds to start a movie. I can deal with that since I only do it once for each movie. Rew/FF performance is more critical since I can rev/FF multiple times in a movie. currently 10-second rew/FF performance is so slow (5-6seconds) that I don't want to use it.
I agree. Mine is both at the start and with REW/FF like yours. Except longer.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Just paid $10 for Infuse and downloaded it. It found my media library quickly and I was in business...however according to my receiver I'm only getting stereo on all my DTS encoded blu-Ray rips.
When I use Plex I'm at least getting PCM surround
What am I doing wrong?
Oh. The video is stuttering with Infuse as well. Doesn't do that with Plex...

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Just paid $10 for Infuse and downloaded it. It found my media library quickly and I was in business...however according to my receiver I'm only getting stereo on all my DTS encoded blu-Ray rips.
What am I doing wrong?
For a number of us it take a number of seconds to start playing and also after FF/REW takes a while to re-start playing. My videos are about 7gb Mpeg2 Recordings and take between 10-15 seconds to start in both cases. What is your experience? And what kind of videos are you playing.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
What am I doing wrong?

I have Denon receiver, and both DD and DTS passthrough work. but I saw a few people have issue with Denon and other receivers.

Movie also starts within 3 seconds for me while other people experience much longer and/or stuttering. I myself experienced buffering and freezing on a few movies.

I tried to eliminate devices that can cause it (switch) but no luck.

Last edited:

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
For a number of us it take a number of seconds to start playing and also after FF/REW takes a while to re-start playing. My videos are about 7gb Mpeg2 Recordings and take between 10-15 seconds to start in both cases. What is your experience? And what kind of videos are you playing.

I'm playing mkv files I've created from my dvd and BD collection.
Plays jerky on 2 different ATV4s. One in the living room and one in the bedroom...

I have a Pioneer Elite amp. No idea why it's only showing stereo.

Will stick with Plex. I just hope they can bring DTS And DolbyHD to the platform sooner rather than later.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm playing mkv files I've created from my dvd and BD collection.
Plays jerky on 2 different ATV4s. One in the living room and one in the bedroom...

I have a Pioneer Elite amp. No idea why it's only showing stereo.

Will stick with Plex. I just hope they can bring DTS And DolbyHD to the platform sooner rather than later.
We're working through a few performance issues that have been reported, and plan to have these resolved in the upcoming 4.0.2 update which we hope to have out before the holiday.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
We're working through a few performance issues that have been reported, and plan to have these resolved in the upcoming 4.0.2 update which we hope to have out before the holiday.

I figured out why I wasn't getting DTS pass thru. Seems you need to turn on pass thru in the apps settings. Works now...

Still getting stuttering though. Good to know it's being worked on...

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I figured out why I wasn't getting DTS pass thru. Seems you need to turn on pass thru in the apps settings. Works now...

Still getting stuttering though. Good to know it's being worked on...
Great! Glad to hear you're up and running.

4.0.2 will provide noticeable playback improvements. Stay tuned. ;)

jdmagoo1

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I found since updating to 4.01 and clearing my metadata and starting the metadata fetch from scratch has totally broken the app. Now either no metadata is collected or the wrong data is used meaning i have to manually edit each file.

Whilst the fetching was slower on 4.0, it was accurate.

Does anyone else have this issue now?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I found since updating to 4.01 and clearing my metadata and starting the metadata fetch from scratch has totally broken the app. Now either no metadata is collected or the wrong data is used meaning i have to manually edit each file.

Whilst the fetching was slower on 4.0, it was accurate.

Does anyone else have this issue now?
4.0.1 puts more emphasis on the file naming style, which in most cases results in much faster fetching times. More info on naming styles can be found here. http://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215090947-Metadata-101

If you prefer to go back to the fetching logic of 4.0, you can simply enable the Embedded Metadata option found in the Settings menu. Enabling this will slow things down a bit, but it will still be quicker than 4.0.

jdmagoo1

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
If you prefer to go back to the fetching logic of 4.0, you can simply enable the Embedded Metadata option found in the Settings menu. Enabling this will slow things down a bit, but it will still be quicker than 4.0.

Awesome!!! - Just tried this and it has worked!!

Thanks for your support

Romf

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2011
Paris, France
So just tried it a bit, seems all good on the playback!
I disabled the metadata, it's good to have the option, but then it would be great to have this list view :)

I am not sure, but it looks like disabling metadata makes it impossible to find subtitles online from the app? If it's true it would be good to change it. I had an old media center (boxee box) and it could search for subtitles even from files not indexed, just from the file name :)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
So just tried it a bit, seems all good on the playback!
I disabled the metadata, it's good to have the option, but then it would be great to have this list view :)

I am not sure, but it looks like disabling metadata makes it impossible to find subtitles online from the app? If it's true it would be good to change it. I had an old media center (boxee box) and it could search for subtitles even from files not indexed, just from the file name :)
Infuse will use the IMDb title number to search for subtitles on OpenSubtitles. This number is gathered only with metadata fetching turned on, and there's no way to search without this...at least for now. Sorry. :(

kshitijshah

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2012
Yes. Infuse will treat single movie folders as playable items (you can also have things like subtitles, artwork, and metadata files in these folders as well).

E.G.

In your main movies folder you have a unique folder for each title. The folder itself would appear as a movie in Infuse, with cover art and metadata shown.

Am I missing something here? I updated to the latest version 4.0.1 but even if I have only one movie file under every folder in the main movies folder the icons still show up as the "folder icon" rather than the poster. Is deep scanning supported so that we can get a library view in of folder view?

Last edited:

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Just curious. Did you create a favorite of the main movie folder or are you navigating down. Maybe try the Favorites route.

kshitijshah

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2012
Just curious. Did you create a favorite of the main movie folder or are you navigating down. Maybe try the Favorites route.

Am I missing something here? I updated to the latest version 4.0.1 but even if I have only one movie file under every folder in the main movies folder the icons still show up as the "folder icon" rather than the poster. Is deep scanning supported so that we can get a library view in of folder view?

I think I got where I was going wrong. The favourite share was from the DLNA (Twonky) protocol rather than the SMB. After creating favourites via SMB am I able to see the library view

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I love this app but I want to make a small suggestion regarding metadata. Currently, some of my TV-shows are in folders as this:

Masters.Of.Sex.S02.1080p.Bluray -->
Masters.Of.Sex.S02E01.1080p.Bluray
etc
etc

Infuse then fails to load metadata for the first folder; Masters.Of.Sex.S02.1080p.Bluray since the files are in separate subfolders under the main folder. Could you make it so that this structure works with metadata? It would make me love this app even more :)

Anyone have a solution for this?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Anyone have a solution for this?
Infuse doesn't currently support this naming style for folders, but a workaround for now is to add your own folder images

This is easily done by inserting a 'folder.png' or 'folder.jpg' image into the folder you wish to display the image on. Infuse will pick up the new image automatically.

ZeRoLiMiT

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
Southern California
I have my movies this type of folder

/Movies/A/Avata.1080p.5.1.mp4
And so on...
/Movies/B/Brave.1080p.5.1.mp4
And so on...

Every time I go in favorites I see folders instead of all my movies and way to fix that?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have my movies this type of folder

/Movies/A/Avata.1080p.5.1.mp4
And so on...
/Movies/B/Brave.1080p.5.1.mp4
And so on...

Every time I go in favorites I see folders instead of all my movies and way to fix that?
Are there any other files/folders in the A, B folders?

Infuse will recognize single video folders as playable items, but if other content is present inside it will treat these items as normal folders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.