Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kazz063

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Infuse works equally well with Plex or a direct connection.

The main difference is connecting via Plex will allow things like watched history and metadata to stay in sync with other devices you use with Plex.

If you do opt for a direct connection, we recommend using SMB or NFS.

Thanks for that, I use it on my IPP all the time and will set it up on my ATV now too.

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
Today we're rolling out a little 5.8 update with a long-awaited feature: Live preview scrubbing.

Live preview scrubbing
Infuse will now display a small thumbnail while seeking forward or back through your videos, making it much easier to find the exact scene you are looking for. Live preview scrubbing is available on both iOS and Apple TV, and works with all video and network share types.

infuse58-live_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
A number of other awesome improvements have been packed into recent releases, and a complete list of what's new can be found here.

Enjoy! :cool:
That’s a great addition, thank you.

Reactions: firecore

coops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
That’s a great addition, thank you.

The Live Preview scrubbing is excellent... such a relief to have ditched using Plex from my Synology to a Minix Android... no grief, borked updates and lack of support a la Plex.

Even better when your Panasonic LCD tv packs up 6 monhs after its 3 year warranty expires, forcing me to upgrade to a Sony A8F OLED... ;)

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Anyone have any clue as to why Infuse refuses to output to my HomePods? I’ve selected Airplay from the AppleTV and it works fine with every other app. :(

beerglass007

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
Hi

I just bought an ATV 4K and connected to my LG OLED TV. When using infuse do I need to purchase the PRO or subscription service as I'm unsure what this means

Thanks

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Anyone have any clue as to why Infuse refuses to output to my HomePods? I’ve selected Airplay from the AppleTV and it works fine with every other app. :(
We're working on a number of improvements for AirPlay 2 and Homepods.

Stay tuned. ;)

Hi

I just bought an ATV 4K and connected to my LG OLED TV. When using infuse do I need to purchase the PRO or subscription service as I'm unsure what this means

Thanks
Upgrading to Pro is optional and will provide you with a number of additional features.

A bit more info on these can be found here.
https://firecore.com/infuse#pro

Reactions: csurfr

chublet

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
I have a number of films that I have managed to source from the internet sitting on my HD that say they have Atmos audio.

I have the latest TVOs 12 but they do not play in Atmos using Infuse. Also, audio 'passthrough' still results in static.

From reading the thread I am still confused so can it just be confirmed that it is not me being an idiot and that passthrough still doesn't work, and also that Atmos doesn't work because Apple hasn't 'opened it up' sufficiently and that it works with the likes of Netflix and iTunes but not Infuse?

I love Infuse and it is my go-to app for playing my films, I just want to make sure that I am not missing something that would enable me to play Atmos via passthrough...

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have a number of films that I have managed to source from the internet sitting on my HD that say they have Atmos audio.

I have the latest TVOs 12 but they do not play in Atmos using Infuse. Also, audio 'passthrough' still results in static.

From reading the thread I am still confused so can it just be confirmed that it is not me being an idiot and that passthrough still doesn't work, and also that Atmos doesn't work because Apple hasn't 'opened it up' sufficiently and that it works with the likes of Netflix and iTunes but not Infuse?

I love Infuse and it is my go-to app for playing my films, I just want to make sure that I am not missing something that would enable me to play Atmos via passthrough...
Unfortunately Atmos is not yet available in Infuse.

The latest info on Atmos and Infuse can be found here.
https://firecore.com/comment/91073#comment-91073

chublet

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Thanks very much for the super-fast reply - it is very disappointing but I know it is not down to you guys and that it seems like Apple is causing a block, hopefully will be available soon...

Just Mark

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
@firecore - I have a couple of questions for you.

1. I have a Plex server set up as well as a HDHomeRun OTA receiver. I currently use Plex as my primary interface for watching OTA TV as I like that I can pause and rewind live TV. Your site states that Infuse gives "Native Plex Access." Does this mean that I can use your product to watch live TV from the Plex server? With pause and rewind?

2. Your website is not clear on your pay models. Can you point me in the direction on where I can find that information or give it to me here?

TIA

Lismange

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
the support of infuse is terrible. many bugs are not fixed (why did you implement this function if you have bugs all the time?).

andrewstirling

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
the support of infuse is terrible. many bugs are not fixed (why did you implement this function if you have bugs all the time?).

What function? I have to say, I find the support to be fairly incredible. Communication is excellent, it’s extremely rare that there are any major bugs and when there are they are addressed promptly. They’re also highly responsive to feature requests.

Lismange

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
What function? I have to say, I find the support to be fairly incredible. Communication is excellent, it’s extremely rare that there are any major bugs and when there are they are addressed promptly. They’re also highly responsive to feature requests.
In this case the function PiP playback on a iPad. this function was added a long time ago (I think 2 years ago). but never implemented properly, therefore so many bugs.
Here's the proof.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-5-for-ios-released.1806370/page-18#post-26438417

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore - I have a couple of questions for you.

1. I have a Plex server set up as well as a HDHomeRun OTA receiver. I currently use Plex as my primary interface for watching OTA TV as I like that I can pause and rewind live TV. Your site states that Infuse gives "Native Plex Access." Does this mean that I can use your product to watch live TV from the Plex server? With pause and rewind?

2. Your website is not clear on your pay models. Can you point me in the direction on where I can find that information or give it to me here?

TIA
Good questions!

1. Native Plex access allows for Infuse to integrate seamlessly with your Plex library, using the Plex metadata, and keeping things like watched history and ratings in sync. Infuse does not currently support streaming live TV sources, but this is something we hope to investigate for a future update.

2. Infuse Pro is available two different ways - as an In-App Purchase from within the free Infuse app, and as a standalone paid app. The In-App Purchase options will cover all future updates (even major ones like v6, v7, etc...). The standalone Pro app will cover all v5 updates.

Download Infuse (in-app purchase)

Download Infuse Pro (paid app)

Sorry for the trouble.

If you are able to drop us a quick note we'd be happy to assist further.
https://firecore.com/contact

Just Mark

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
Good questions!

1. Native Plex access allows for Infuse to integrate seamlessly with your Plex library, using the Plex metadata, and keeping things like watched history and ratings in sync. Infuse does not currently support streaming live TV sources, but this is something we hope to investigate for a future update.

2. Infuse Pro is available two different ways - as an In-App Purchase from within the free Infuse app, and as a standalone paid app. The In-App Purchase options will cover all future updates (even major ones like v6, v7, etc...). The standalone Pro app will cover all v5 updates.

Download Infuse (in-app purchase)

Download Infuse Pro (paid app)

Sorry for the trouble.

If you are able to drop us a quick note we'd be happy to assist further.
https://firecore.com/contact
Thank you for your response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.