Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

I just would like to clarify something regarding your pricing. Apologies if it has been asked before.

Pricing 1: monthly subscription 0,99€ or 49,99€ lifetime —> updates from v5 & v6 & above

Pricing 2: standalone Pro app at 16.99€, only update for v5, which means no updates for v6.

Is that correct?

What are the differences between Lifetime, Upgrade Special & Lifetime special?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hello there

I just would like to clarify something regarding your pricing. Apologies if it has been asked before.

Pricing 1: monthly subscription 0,99€ or 49,99€ lifetime —> updates from v5 & v6 & above

Pricing 2: standalone Pro app at 16.99€, only update for v5, which means no updates for v6.

Is that correct?

What are the differences between Lifetime, Upgrade Special & Lifetime special?
Yes, that's correct. The Monthly, Yearly, and Lifetime options will cover all updates (v6, v7, etc...).

The standalone (paid) Pro app will include updates for v5 only.

The upgrade special is only available for those upgrading from v4.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I haven’t tried your app, yet but I’m very impressed by your updates cycle and your responsiveness.

I’m getting a Mac mini on Friday. If I can’t play 4K UHD HDR movie, I’ll try an Apple TV 4K + Infuse. I hope it would work correctly and without lagging, that would be awesome.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I haven’t tried your app, yet but I’m very impressed by your updates cycle and your responsiveness.

I’m getting a Mac mini on Friday. If I can’t play 4K UHD HDR movie, I’ll try an Apple TV 4K + Infuse. I hope it would work correctly and without lagging, that would be awesome.
Sounds great!

FWIW, 4K UHD content looks amazing in Infuse on the ATV4K. :)

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
My ATV has the latest version now, but I'm struggling to find the cloud options. (Google Drive, iCloud Drive etc) They're easy to find on my iPad, but my ATV only shows me options for local shares. Am I missing something?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
My ATV has the latest version now, but I'm struggling to find the cloud options. (Google Drive, iCloud Drive etc) They're easy to find on my iPad, but my ATV only shows me options for local shares. Am I missing something?
Cloud shares will need to be added first on iOS, and they will then sync over to the Apple TV via iCloud.

Once synced, the shares will be visible in Settings > Shares. Any favorites you created on iOS will appear on the Infuse home screen on the Apple TV.

A bit more info on ensuring iCloud is enabled can be found here.
https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000070773-iCloud-Trakt-Syncing

Reactions: Sakurambo-kun

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
Cloud shares will need to be added first on iOS, and they will then sync over to the Apple TV via iCloud.

Once synced, the shares will be visible in Settings > Shares. Any favorites you created on iOS will appear on the Infuse home screen on the Apple TV.

A bit more info on ensuring iCloud is enabled can be found here.
https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000070773-iCloud-Trakt-Syncing

Gotcha, thanks for that. It's a little crude and very slow compared to my local Plex share, but it works. Thanks!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Gotcha, thanks for that. It's a little crude and very slow compared to my local Plex share, but it works. Thanks!
Things should speed up after the initial indexing, as Infuse will cache the info and artwork locally.

You can also add cloud favorites to Infuse's library via the Settings > Library menu for even faster, more refined browsing. :)

Reactions: Sakurambo-kun

Morien

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2010
@firecore

Have you seen how with the Youtube app on tvOS, you can connect the iOS app to it to use as a remote? You navigate to the video on your phone, and then it launches on the apple tv (in the youtube app).

It works like casting does, where the apple tv is what plays the video natively (but the phone sends control commands), as opposed to airplay, so I can continue to browse Youtube and find the next video I want to watch.

Any thoughts of adding such a feature to Infuse? No matter how good a remote, browsing a larger library on a touch screen interface is just a lot nicer.

Thanks

Reactions: Cascades42

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I just got Infuse but I am struggling to set-up the share. What username/password do I need to use? My appleID or my logins on my Mac mini? My mini is on Ethernet only and the Apple TV 4k on wifi. Do I need to put them both on wifi?

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
I just got Infuse but I am struggling to set-up the share. What username/password do I need to use? My appleID or my logins on my Mac mini? My mini is on Ethernet only and the Apple TV 4k on wifi. Do I need to put them both on wifi?

Set up a Plex server on your Mac then connect Infuse to that. It not only makes life easier, but you get lovely metadata from Plex too.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore

Have you seen how with the Youtube app on tvOS, you can connect the iOS app to it to use as a remote? You navigate to the video on your phone, and then it launches on the apple tv (in the youtube app).

It works like casting does, where the apple tv is what plays the video natively (but the phone sends control commands), as opposed to airplay, so I can continue to browse Youtube and find the next video I want to watch.

Any thoughts of adding such a feature to Infuse? No matter how good a remote, browsing a larger library on a touch screen interface is just a lot nicer.

Thanks
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Reactions: BeefCake 15

s2s

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
What is the timeline to support Plex Collections?

I have a large library ~2200 movies, without Collections it is very difficult to browse. At this time I make Collections by grouping movies by folders on the disk, and Infuse connects to NAS via NFS.

I also maintain Plex library in case Infuse supports Plex Collections, I can switch over.

However if you don't have any plan to support Plex Collections in the next 1-2 years, I think I need to give up Plex.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
What is the timeline to support Plex Collections?

I have a large library ~2200 movies, without Collections it is very difficult to browse. At this time I make Collections by grouping movies by folders on the disk, and Infuse connects to NAS via NFS.

I also maintain Plex library in case Infuse supports Plex Collections, I can switch over.

However if you don't have any plan to support Plex Collections in the next 1-2 years, I think I need to give up Plex.
We don't have an exact ETA, but it's likely this will be added in early/mid 2019 after the release of Infuse 6.

s2s

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
We don't have an exact ETA, but it's likely this will be added in early/mid 2019 after the release of Infuse 6.

So I will have to uninstall infuse 5, install infuse 6 and re-scan/build metadata via NFS...

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
So I will have to uninstall infuse 5, install infuse 6 and re-scan/build metadata via NFS...
Possibly...

If you are using the free Infuse 5 app (with or without Pro features) you'll get an automatic update for your existing app.

If you are using the standalone Infuse Pro 5 app, you would need to download a new app.

Cory Bauer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Some users would like the ability to create collections, but I for would would actually like the ability to disable the automatic grouping of movies and their sequels that occurs in Infuse, so that I just see every movie arranged in order of release date. Would that be possible?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Some users would like the ability to create collections, but I for would would actually like the ability to disable the automatic grouping of movies and their sequels that occurs in Infuse, so that I just see every movie arranged in order of release date. Would that be possible?
Totally possible! :)

Just head into Settings > General and disable the Collections option. Then change the Sort Order to Release Date.

Reactions: Beamerboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.