Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CHI3F117

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
In early 2018 in this thread aomeone mentioned Philips Hue entertainment support. Is that still on your radar? It's something that's keeping me on MrMC when I much prefer your app.

Reactions: oneMadRssn

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6 is now available for iOS and Apple TV, and includes a host of awesome new features.

Libraries in the cloud
iCloud libraries allow for seamless syncing of metadata, library settings, and playback progress between all your devices. Start a video on iPhone, and easily jump back in where you left off on Apple TV. Mark a few things as watched on one device, and they will instantly sync over to others. No server software to set up and manage, just super-fast, automatic syncing between all your devices...exactly how it should be.

infuse60-library_2x.jpg

Modern playback core
A revamped, powerful playback engine allows Infuse to tackle everything from super-cute cat videos to the latest-spec 4K HDR films. The entire playback pipeline, from file source to pixels-on-the screen, is now stronger, faster, better, and ready to deliver buttery-smooth playback of your favorite videos.

infuse60-speed_2x.jpg

Subtitles on-demand
Thanks to an expanded partnership with OpenSubtitles, subtitle downloads are now 100% ad-free! Plus, an all-new global network of caching servers allows everything to work faster and more reliably than ever before. Search, download, and enjoy!

infuse60-subtitles_2x.jpg

Files app integration
Adding and managing local files is now easier thanks to the native iOS Files app. Files allows for videos and subtitles to be easily moved between apps, organized into folders, or renamed so things always look just right.

infuse60-files_2x.jpg

AirPlay 2 for iOS
Full support for AirPlay 2 and HomePods is now available on iOS. Seamlessly stream audio to any AirPlay enabled speaker while the video stays on iPhone or iPad. Audio sync is handled automatically, naturally.

infuse60-airplay_2x.jpg

A fresh new face
It was time to change things up with the most visible component of the app...the icon. The previous icon served admirably for over 5 years, but was getting a bit long in the tooth. We drew inspiration from where it all started with Infuse v1—channeling the original light painting style, transforming it into something fresh and modern, but still instantly recognizable as Infuse. As added bonus, Infuse 6 includes the option of choosing between light and dark icon versions.

infuse60-icon_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
Many other improvements are packed into this release, and a complete list of what's new can be found here.

Upgrade to Infuse 6 today...for free!
Infuse 6 is a free update for all Infuse Pro subscribers (monthly, yearly, lifetime). Simply visit the App Store and all the new goodies will be ready and waiting for you.

Discounted upgrade options are available for those with the standalone Infuse Pro 5 app. Download the free Infuse 6 app and follow the prompts to upgrade to Pro -or- download the Infuse Pro 6 upgrade bundle.

If you're new to Infuse, you can download Infuse 6 and test drive all the awesome new Pro features for free!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to post a message in our forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: iccb and oneMadRssn

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
Does this update speed up load times? I have infuse connected to my plex server. When I open, say, my tv folder it takes a while to load. When I select a show it takes even longer to load. So much so that I don't often use infuse anymore.
If I go over to plex everything opens instantly. It's a pretty massive difference between the two.
Of course I could test it when I get home...

A feature I very much want - number of unplayed episodes on the tv shows. The count attached to the coverart for the show folder so I know what's unwatched. Currently I have to open the tv show and season and see the actual episodes before it shows what exactly is unwatched. It would be nice to see that on the album art before I have to dive in to the folder. This is how plex does it.

Any chance infuse can integrate with the apple tv app on the ATV?

Last edited:

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Infuse 6 is now available for iOS and Apple TV, and includes a host of awesome new features.
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to post a message in our forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

I want to reiterate my suggestion: Sorting should be a folder by folder setting, not a global setting.
For example, I want my "TV Shows" folder to be sorted by release date, my "Movies" folder to be sorted by date added, and my "Concerts" folder to be sorted alphabetically by name.​
The one-setting-fits-all approach doesn't work that well, I think.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Did the lifetime upgrade price increase with Infuse 6 release?
What exactly is Upgrade Spe...?
The upgrade special allows uses from Infuse Pro 5 (or Infuse 4) to upgrade at a discounted price.

In essence, Infuse Pro 5 users can receive a full credit of their purchase towards a lifetime license.
Does this update speed up load times? I have infuse connected to my plex server. When I open, say, my tv folder it takes a while to load. When I select a show it takes even longer to load. So much so that I don't often use infuse anymore.
If I go over to plex everything opens instantly. It's a pretty massive difference between the two.
Of course I could test it when I get home...

A feature I very much want - number of unplayed episodes on the tv shows. The count attached to the coverart for the show folder so I know what's unwatched. Currently I have to open the tv show and season and see the actual episodes before it shows what exactly is unwatched. It would be nice to see that on the album art before I have to dive in to the folder. This is how plex does it.

Any chance infuse can integrate with the apple tv app on the ATV?
Infuse 6 adds quite a few speed related improvements in this area, so it's worth trying when you have a chance.

We've had a few suggestions for unplayed item counts, and this will probably be something we look into adding.
I want to reiterate my suggestion: Sorting should be a folder by folder setting, not a global setting.
For example, I want my "TV Shows" folder to be sorted by release date, my "Movies" folder to be sorted by date added, and my "Concerts" folder to be sorted alphabetically by name.​
The one-setting-fits-all approach doesn't work that well, I think.
This is something we hope to look into on the Apple TV side. The option to switch between sorting options on the fly is already available on iOS.

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
One more question. Because I know you don't get bugged enough about this ;)

Where are you at with atmos for infuse? I'm guessing that's 100% up to apple?

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Did the lifetime upgrade price increase with Infuse 6 release?
What exactly is Upgrade Spe...?

The upgrade special allows uses from Infuse Pro 5 (or Infuse 4) to upgrade at a discounted price.

In essence, Infuse Pro 5 users can receive a full credit of their purchase towards a lifetime license.

I have the Infuse Pro 5 standalone app. I could've sworn that the last time I opened the regular Infuse 5 app (non-Pro), I saw a lifetime option for $24.99 or $29.99. I was going to purchase the lifetime license at that price in anticipation of Infuse 6. But $39.99 is a deal-breaker for me.

Guess I'll just purchase the standalone Infuse Pro 6 app for $22... but even that doesn't seem like much of a discount ($3 off if I'm understanding it correctly).

ganja24

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
I was thinking the same because I was waiting for infuse 6 so I can purchase lifetime and I am sure 100% price was lower within Infuse 5 in app purchase for lifetime updates, but now with the price increase I changed my mind. It a a shame how they play these tactics.

CHI3F117

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
In early 2018 in this thread aomeone mentioned Philips Hue entertainment support. Is that still on your radar? It's something that's keeping me on MrMC when I much prefer your app.
Well....I see this isn't included in Infuse 6...so never going to happen?

andrewstirling

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
Well....I see this isn't included in Infuse 6...so never going to happen?

Its still listed as a planned feature. Most of the work on the first infuse 6 release was focussed on re-writing the player core and getting iCloud libraries up and working. I expect there’ll be more features added over the next few updates.

CHI3F117

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Its still listed as a planned feature. Most of the work on the first infuse 6 release was focussed on re-writing the player core and getting iCloud libraries up and working. I expect there’ll be more features added over the next few updates.
Thanks for answering, friend! Hopefully it does end up as a feature. Would you mind sharing where I can find that list of planned features? That would be much appreciated!

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon

Infuse 6 adds quite a few speed related improvements in this area, so it's worth trying when you have a chance.

We've had a few suggestions for unplayed item counts, and this will probably be something we look into adding.

This is something we hope to look into on the Apple TV side. The option to switch between sorting options on the fly is already available on iOS.

The speed issue is fixed! Lightning fast now.

Reactions: gridlocked

marcellux

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
@firecore My Question is : will I hear any difference between the original DTS soundtrack and the LPCM which comes with Infuse 6? I have a Marantz SR6009 capable of playing DTS HD and I know that the Apple TV will give LPCM to the receiver. But will it sound like DTS HD ?? That's the only thing what keeps me from buying a Apple TV 4K !

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore My Question is : will I hear any difference between the original DTS soundtrack and the LPCM which comes with Infuse 6? I have a Marantz SR6009 capable of playing DTS HD and I know that the Apple TV will give LPCM to the receiver. But will it sound like DTS HD ?? That's the only thing what keeps me from buying a Apple TV 4K !
A bit more info on the audio output options available in Infuse can be found here.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/217735707

Reactions: niteflyr

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
Currently using plex but thinking of giving infuse a try. I used infuse in the past and when I redownloaded it my libraries were all messed up and no matter what I try and do all my media is no longer available. Is there a way to reset infuse so I can start over from scratch ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.