Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Infuse Team: any news on Spatial Audio and IPTV Streams integration?:).

Thanks and happy new year everyone!

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Can someone post the EXACT sequence from ripping the DV UHD BR to final playback in Dolby Vision with Infuse Pro on an AppleTV 4K which preserves Dolby Vision please? I use DVDFab mainly and prefer it, but also have MakeMKV available if needed.

I have tried ALL methods listed and can’t seem to get it to work. It’s very confusing and frustrating to say the least. I know it only supports single layer DV, but I also read that dual layer can be combined to one layer in the ripping/conversion process somehow.
I have yet to try if Infuse can handle blu-ray style 2-stream DoVi.
One thing is sure - there are no tools available to transform from blu-ray style to streaming style (from 2 video streams into 1 stream).
Blu-ray style works lately on a blu-ray player, but they have known how to handle the 2nd, enhancement, video stream since the DoVi appeared on them.
DVDFab is (or was) known to fake the DoVi flag into the HDR10 metadata, so that aTV took it for DoVi and lit up the logo. But it was not modifying the video stream in any way. Just smoke and mirrors

Reactions: HarperVision

HarperVision

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2013
I have yet to try if Infuse can handle blu-ray style 2-stream DoVi.

One thing is sure - there are no tools available to transform from blu-ray style to streaming style (from 2 video streams into 1 stream).
Blu-ray style works lately on a blu-ray player, but they have known how to handle the 2nd, enhancement, video stream since the DoVi appeared on them.

DVDFab is (or was) known to fake the DoVi flag into the HDR10 metadata, so that aTV took it for DoVi and lit up the logo. But it was not modifying the video stream in any way. Just smoke and mirrors

Thanks for the info!

Are you sure about the bolded in your quote above? I’m pretty sure I was reading about this very thing a few days ago. I think on the MakeMKV website. Something like “MergeMKV” I believe was the name?

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Thanks for the info!

Are you sure about the bolded in your quote above? I’m pretty sure I was reading about this very thing a few days ago. I think on the MakeMKV website. Something like “MergeMKV” I believe was the name?
OK, haven't been on that forum for a while. If you meant this thread, then I have to admit, I have not familiar with that at all. I will look into it and run some tests.
But I am still pretty confident, that there is still no tool available that would convert profile 7 into profile 5 of Dolby Vision.
Just today I noticed that iPhone 12 actually records another flavour of DoVi - Profile 8 which they claim is HLG compatible. Whatever that means. I only know HLG is not having PQ gamma and that is quite bizarre swing of things.
Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 19.58.35.png

Reactions: HarperVision

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
When is the revamp coming? is there a preview?
Infuse 7 is in progress, and will include a revamped UI on iOS/tvOS as well as an all-new macOS version.

More info here.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Today we're happy to announce the release of Infuse 6.6, and give you a quick update on a few other things we've been working on.

HomePod home theater audio

The new HomePod home theater option allows you to utilize a HomePod stereo pair with your Apple TV 4K to create a theater experience with Dolby Atmos or surround sound right in your home. After enabling home theater, Infuse will be able to send high-quality audio directly to your HomePods, allowing more detail to be heard than ever before. The 6.6 update also leverages some of these improvements for non-HomePod setups — making things better all-around, for everyone!

Apple TV home theater

Other small things for 6.6

6.6 also includes a number of other smaller improvements, including: Better support for Plex collections, performance improvements for older devices, networking stability improvements, and a more reliable Files app integration on iOS. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Getting ready for Infuse 7

We've been making great progress on Infuse for macOS which will be released as part of Infuse 7 this Spring. Alpha updates are being released on a weekly basis, and we hope to start public testing of Infuse 7 for iOS and Apple TV in the coming weeks.

Infuse 7 (including Infuse for macOS) will be a free upgrade for all those with an Infuse Pro subscription (monthly, yearly, lifetime). A single Infuse Pro subscription will be usable on all your devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac) and can be shared via Family Sharing.

Note: If you're running an older version (like v4 or v5) or you have the standalone Infuse Pro 6 app, you can get a free year of Infuse Pro when you start a new yearly subscription.

Infuse for macOS

Thanks!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Atmos support?

"The new HomePod home theater option allows you to utilize a HomePod stereo pair with your Apple TV 4K to create a theater experience with Dolby Atmos or surround sound right in your home."

Reactions: firecore

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Atmos support?
The Apple TV supports Atmos when it's part of an E-AC3 audio track. These tracks can be used with Infuse and will work with the new HomePod home theater sound features.

A bit more info on the available audio options can be found here.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
HomePod home theater audio
The new HomePod home theater option allows you to utilize a HomePod stereo pair with your Apple TV 4K to create a theater experience with Dolby Atmos or surround sound right in your home. After enabling home theater, Infuse will be able to send high-quality audio directly to your HomePods, allowing more detail to be heard than ever before. The 6.6 update also leverages some of these improvements for non-HomePod setups — making things better all-around, for everyone!

Can you say a bit more about what it does when using a non-Homepod setup?

Getting ready for Infuse 7
We've been making great progress on Infuse for macOS which will be released as part of Infuse 7 this Spring. Alpha updates are being released on a weekly basis, and we hope to start public testing of Infuse 7 for iOS and Apple TV in the coming weeks.

Can't wait. ;)

yellowbunny

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
My infuse isn’t working today. It says I’m not a subscriber (I have been for years). When I try to resubscribe it says I can’t as I’m already subscribed ?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Can you say a bit more about what it does when using a non-Homepod setup?
Apple has some magic built into the HomePods which allow them to provide a ‘theater experience’ with only 2 speakers. Infuse is now able to take advantage of this magic.

Additionally, we've revamped the audio processing pipeline with a more modern future-proof implementation, and this allows us to fully utilize some metadata elements present in audio streams which were not previously supported.
My infuse isn’t working today. It says I’m not a subscriber (I have been for years). When I try to resubscribe it says I can’t as I’m already subscribed ?
Can you try tapping the Restore button that appears on the purchase screen?

Also, we've seen a handful of reports from users in Canada and Spain who are seeing issues with the App Store lately. We have a case open with Apple and they are currently investigating.

Reactions: Rigby

yellowbunny

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Apple has some magic built into the HomePods which allow them to provide a ‘theater experience’ with only 2 speakers. Infuse is now able to take advantage of this magic.

Additionally, we've revamped the audio processing pipeline with a more modern future-proof implementation, and this allows us to fully utilize some metadata elements present in audio streams which were not previously supported.

Can you try tapping the Restore button that appears on the purchase screen?

Also, we've seen a handful of reports from users in Canada and Spain who are seeing issues with the App Store lately. We have a case open with Apple and they are currently investigating.
Hiya,

I tried the restore button and it doest work... It was working yesterday, so strange.

Thanks

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hiya,

I tried the restore button and it doest work... It was working yesterday, so strange.

Thanks
If the issue persists, please drop us a note and we'll do what we can to help.

I assume native M1 support is on the roadmap rather than utilising rosetta 2?
Yes, this should be available in time for the App Store release of Infuse 7 this Spring.

Full Dolby Vision support in Infuse 7?
The Apple TV supports Dolby Vision Profile 5. Unfortunately, other profiles are not supported at this time.

Morien

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2010

So when you say "The 6.6 update also leverages some of these improvements for non-HomePod setups — making things better all-around, for everyone!" How does it benefit non-homepod 2.1 setups? Keenly interested on this.

Thanks

s2s

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
This sounds like it may be a bug.

Please drop us a note from your device and we can assist.

Any plan for this? respect cached metadata language when refreshing metadata?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
What about for Infuse on the M1 Macs?
TBD.

Still quite a few things to explore and implement on the Mac. :)

So when you say "The 6.6 update also leverages some of these improvements for non-HomePod setups — making things better all-around, for everyone!" How does it benefit non-homepod 2.1 setups? Keenly interested on this.

Thanks

Any plan for this? respect cached metadata language when refreshing metadata?
This should already be supported. If you are seeing issues, please drop us a note from your device so we can look into this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.