Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.4.4 is now available! Includes search for actor/director/writer, VTT subtitle support, better metadata fetching, and more.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! :)

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 1.06.11 PM.png

Reactions: OddyOh and NazgulRR

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
I have Plex Pass but just find Plex annoying to use and I don't get the user interface at all. It's like there is no overall plan but to keep adding things and stick them wherever. So I've been using Air Video HD for some time but it doesn't have nearly the features of Infuse and is perpetually in the same beta version. I downloaded Infuse this morning on my iDevices and Apple TV and immediately loved it and paid for the Pro version. Nice and simple but does a lot.

Reactions: niteflyr

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
I have Plex Pass but just find Plex annoying to use and I don't get the user interface at all. It's like there is no overall plan but to keep adding things and stick them wherever. So I've been using Air Video HD for some time but it doesn't have nearly the features of Infuse and is perpetually in the same beta version. I downloaded Infuse this morning on my iDevices and Apple TV and immediately loved it and paid for the Pro version. Nice and simple but does a lot.

Infuse really is a great app for watching locally stored video files. I'm in either my second or third year of using the paid app and consider it money well spent.

Reactions: niteflyr

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
I have multiple user accounts on my Plex server but when I load Infuse, I can't find the option to select the appropriate user on Plex. Where's that option please?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have multiple user accounts on my Plex server but when I load Infuse, I can't find the option to select the appropriate user on Plex. Where's that option please?
Unfortunately, multiple user accounts are not yet support in Infuse.

This is something we hope to look into for the future.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Unfortunately, multiple user accounts are not yet support in Infuse.

This is something we hope to look into for the future.
Can I ask one more time? Have you folks poked around with the tvOS14 beta? Anything noteworthy in there that will help make Infuse better or fulfill some user feature requests?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Can I ask one more time? Have you folks poked around with the tvOS14 beta? Anything noteworthy in there that will help make Infuse better or fulfill some user feature requests?
We're excited about a few things, namely the upcoming ability to share in-app purchases and subscriptions with family members.

We're also working with the new frameworks in iOS 14 to enhance privacy, and adjusting Infuse to request as little information as possible about you or your device.

There are also some interesting things with Siri, PiP, and iCloud we're exploring as well...but don't yet have specifics to share.

Of course, we're also working some great new non-iOS 14 specific features, and a preview of these can be found here.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.5 is available today, and includes some great new things!

Cloud, clouds, clouds
Now there are even more ways to stream with the addition of pCloud and Yandex.Disk. This increases Infuse's total number of streaming source options (local, cloud, and media server) to 17, and we're working to add even more for releases coming in the near future.

Clouds

Ready for iOS 14
Infuse is tuned up and ready for Apple's latest release. We're also working to take advantage of some of the great new things found in iOS 14 for upcoming releases. Stay tuned!

iOS 14

macOS...in progress
We are happy to announce work has begun on Infuse for macOS! ?

We're working to bring many of the same great features and capabilities found on iOS and Apple TV to the Mac. There is still quite a bit of work ahead, but we're planning to have a public alpha available later this year.

We'll be sharing more info and dates as development progresses, and you can sign up here to be among the first to hear about it.

Infuse for macOS

Continuous improvement
We're continually working to add minor features, improvements, and fixes. These are released in smaller updates every few weeks, and you can catch up on what's been added in recent updates here.

Thanks!
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

as4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
I have a couple test files for Atmos and stuff. For whatever reason, its not recognizing the files in the folder i made for it. I added it to the library too. Any suggestions?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have a couple test files for Atmos and stuff. For whatever reason, its not recognizing the files in the folder i made for it. I added it to the library too. Any suggestions?
Drop us a quick note with a bit more info on what you're seeing and we'd be happy to assist.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
can appletv4k play Atmos files yet?
The Apple TV 4K currently supports Atmos in E-AC3 audio tracks, and these are supported in Infuse as well.

We've been working to encourage Apple to add support for additional audio options, and a bit more info on this can be found here.

Reactions: BeefCake 15
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.