Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
Stock iOS apps are popping up on App Store (Mail & Music). Maybe this means we'lle be able to delete them and even choose the default ones.

iKor

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
is this real?

Would it be bad to download that on a non-developer device? as in risk of getting device bricked?

I thought I had the iOS 9 Developer preview downloaded when it was available?

Thanks guys!

anthapo

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2016
I know it's off topic but could please somebody post a link containing a config file for MacOS beta as well ?

Reactions: iToph

JxCx

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2016
Couple of questions:

I've installed the profile and I'm on a non developer revistered device. I have the ability to download and install iOS10 beta 1 OTA. Should I, or will it not work?

Also, with regards to 3rd party apps etc. Do they work well on beta software that they weren't designed to run on? I.e. Will the function?

Thanks in advance

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
I know it's off topic but could please somebody post a link containing a config file for MacOS beta as well ?

There is no config file. You click on download from the Dev page and it opens up the App Store on the computer saying that your redemption code for MacOS was successful, and then it starts downloading a huge 5 GB file in the app store.

Reactions: anthapo

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Couple of questions:

I've installed the profile and I'm on a non developer revistered device. I have the ability to download and install iOS10 beta 1 OTA. Should I, or will it not work?

Also, with regards to 3rd party apps etc. Do they work well on beta software that they weren't designed to run on? I.e. Will the function?

Thanks in advance

We'll have to wait and see for the first devices. But if last year is any indication, you'll be fine. Just don't take my word for it yet.

Reactions: JxCx

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
i've tried going to the developer page and when i click to download my browser comes up blank

anthapo

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2016
There is no config file. You click on download from the Dev page and it opens up the App Store on the computer saying that your redemption code for MacOS was successful, and then it starts downloading a huge 5 GB file in the app store.

Roger that :D Thanks for the reply!

JxCx

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2016
We'll have to wait and see for the first devices. But if last year is any indication, you'll be fine. Just don't take my word for it yet.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess I'll wait it out and see what the verdict is.

So am I getting this right - installing that profile has 'tricked' my device into thinking it's been developer registered? Or that profile is just used by developers to get the OTA update

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess I'll wait it out and see what the verdict is.

So am I getting this right - installing that profile has 'tricked' my device into thinking it's been developer registered? Or that profile is just used by developers to get the OTA update

Just has the profile used by dev for the OTA option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.