Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok, you telling me you need to change the added target System to re patch,,it's been told, that, SFOOT script often patch the file the wrong way, so we need to paych ourself, the Plaformsupport.plist file from your Usb SFOOT,, other way, you never get boot,,
to change the added, you surf to main menu than settings ' 4 '
i think,

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
Its not changable to default or not set with main menu settings 4
Thanks for the video but it is in french and hardly to see.
[doublepost=1456851550][/doublepost]Should I replace the original Plaformsupport.plist by the changed duplicated one.
How can I do that it is locked.

Solved

Last edited:

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
Patching PlatformSupport file did not solve the problem
SFOTT Yosemite rebooting then the white apple logo appears and then a loading beam but immediatly black screen,
ng RAM Disk for /var/log , and again the MacPro reboots again.

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok,, you got white screen with apple logo,,,then he reboot,,try to remplace the Boot.EFI of your Usb SFOTT for the original one, that you find on Yosemite App, he should be locked, you need to use terminal to unlock the Boot.EFI,,so
open terminal and type:
sudo chflags nouchg drag and drop " Boot.EFI "
between those " words " there's always a space,,he's gona ask you for the password, type it,,now you can delete the Boot.EFI on you Usb SFOTT and remplace for the original one on your Yosemite App. some times this as to be made,
hope you get it done.

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
Now its booting form usb and then goes back to Lion.
Nothing seems to work today.

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok, make a pause,,is better, i've get many issues and insuccessful tries to install it,,you need to use one <<<tuto>>,, and only one at the time,,but, first can you post your specs?
I'll try to help you as much as i can,,

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
MAC PRO
MacPro1,1
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Processor 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 8 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 210 1024 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Would be awesome if you could help me.

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
Was hoping you could help me out. I have already followed that tutorial not that easy for a beginner.
And this video tutorial
Still no luck for me.

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok, give me some time, i'll read that one and i'll come back with something for you,, see you later,,
I had install Yosemite on MacBook 4.1 2007 i think, i don't have it anymore, but i'll try to help you, don't worry,
[doublepost=1456920192][/doublepost]As i told you before, this process can change, it depends on what machine you want to install Yosemite, so i found the good one, i think, you didn't download a specific Boot.EFI made by Spike,,,so,,,the process is quit different,,they don't use SFOTT script, only Boot.EFI, for the specific Mac Pro 1.1,,knowing that 7300GT and X1900XT don't work,,,so, your graphics card is good,,so, you can install it,,
grab a 8GB USb, the Yosemite app,
follow this instructions,,will take some time, you must download some Boot.EFI, specific for your machine, you'll find the links on the top of the page,,you'll need to boot succefully,,
here the instructions,, if you need some help, say.,https://www.icloud.com/pages/000MYC...ite_on_a_Mac_Pro_1,1_or_2,1_-_Boot.efi_Method

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
In the mean time I managed to install Mavericks 10.9.5 with SFOTT.
I still hav enno idea why the Yosemite SFOTT install did not work.
I rather use the SFOTT install then another new tutorial.
Thanks sofar.

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok, do you still have one Usb Install Yosemite SFOTT?
If you have, go to this page <<< https://www.icloud.com/pages/000MYC...ite_on_a_Mac_Pro_1,1_or_2,1_-_Boot.efi_Method >>> and download the 2 boot.EFI available there,,ramplace the Boot.EFI of your USB SDOTT for one of the 2 Boot.EFI ( if one doesn't work try the other ) and try to boot from it again,,
Let's see if work's
Note
Usually, your Boot.EFI on SFOTT Install will be Locked, open terminal and type " sudo chflags nouchg "drag and drop Boot.EFI from your Usb SFOTT
he will asj for your password, type it
now lock is free,,delete it
copy one of the Boot.EFI you have download from that page, type password, done.
reboot and try again
if doesn't work, make the same, but ramplace for the other Boot.EFI
Good luck

antonvdh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016
Finally got the time to test, unfortunately both boot.efi did not work for me.
The SFOTT usb starts up with a white apple logo instead of a grey one. Then again black screen with panic text and auto reboot.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
im new to this but i followed the steps above and at first the drive was not showing up in the boot menu after a reinstall of the os it is now showing up under the boot menu after it is done being made but now when i try to boot the flash drive something new is going on it kernel panics when i try and boot it. my macbook is a macbook 2,1 late 2006 model and meets the requirements for yosemite but it keeps kernal panicing when i try and boot it. can someone help me? also when it reboot and boot back into os x lion it comes up with a message that the system encountered a problem and had to restart. i really want to get yosemite installed for many reasons that i will not go over in this post but i need help trying to get this to install. on the website it was that he tried 3 different flash drives and only one worked cause the other two were written to many times so i have tried a different drive but i am in school and is unable to test it until i get home. please someone help me.

Sonikkkk

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2016
@128kmacintosh I'm trying from few days to install Yosemite on my Macbook 4,1. I tried Macpostfactor = fail. So I tried Sfott and it seems better tha Mpf because Mpf creates partition or usb installer that always gives me environment error and won't boot. With Sfott I can create Usb key. Managing the platformsupport.plist I can boot from usb and start to install but, after few seconds I get the message " Yosemite already installed on this Mac". For sure there is no Yosemite installed, even in the Lion partition there are no files related to Yosemite. Today I tried also totally erase the hd , included Lion partition, but I get the same message "..already on this mac". Maybe my problem depends from the installer app? I downloaded the same of other members that successfully installed but what I think could be the issue is the step of renaming installer app. If I rename it in Beta , Sfott does not recognize the installer. Only if I keep the original name of installer I can create the Usb Sfott key. Keeping the original name, and following the steps not for Beta but for Official release, could be my problem? I used Yosemite app 10.10 and 10.10.4 and I reached the same fail.

I hope you can give me the right suggestions to do the right installation.
Thanks in advance.

mrdunderhead

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2015
ok this post should be closed let me explain the issues you are having.

1. everything updates to 10.10.2 after 10.10.2 they replace the boot.efi with a locked version that verifies itself on startup when the boot efi doesn't match the o.s won't boot at all.

i did extensive testing with this it worked fine until 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 testing where it would no longer let me update nor rematch the o.s there is no bypass for this i have tried everything i even tried new boot.efi's nothing.

sfott is dead basically i found you can only patch yosemite sfott key from mac os 10.7 lion and the script seems to be only written for lion and the guy who created sfott has seem to abandoned his project and tiamo the guy who created the efi is no longer around for help at all you basically are on your own.

the only other way i have seen to run yosemite and bypass the limitation is to run virtual box and use it as a emulated o.s
[doublepost=1459979432][/doublepost]
Was hoping you could help me out. I have already followed that tutorial not that easy for a beginner.
And this video tutorial
Still no luck for me.
its because sfoot is dead

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
Is graphics acceleration issue solved with SFOTT?

Hi All,
I have installed yosemite on macbook 4,1 successfully but graphics acceleration is not there, not kexts have been loaded. So looking out for some solution to this.

Please tell me if installation using SFOTT will solve this issue and my mac would work fine??

Thanks in advance!!
Hi,
No there's no solution for that, Macbook 4.1 has a poor graphic card, so, i've installed, some Apps will never work, Adobe CS/Photoshop and many other's, the other thing is your LaunchPad, will bug a lot and Sound was at the time what really sucks,, besides that, works very fast, Internet is a flash,
[doublepost=1460045662][/doublepost]

1. everything updates to 10.10.2 after 10.10.2 they replace the boot.efi with a locked version that verifies itself on startup when the boot efi doesn't match the o.s won't boot at all.

i did extensive testing with this it worked fine until 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 testing where it would no longer let me update nor rematch the o.s there is no bypass for this i have tried everything i even tried new boot.efi's nothing.

sfott is dead basically i found you can only patch yosemite sfott key from mac os 10.7 lion and the script seems to be only written for lion and the guy who created sfott has seem to abandoned his project and tiamo the guy who created the efi is no longer around for help at all you basically are on your own.

the only other way i have seen to run yosemite and bypass the limitation is to run virtual box and use it as a emulated o.s
I don't undestand, i've installed sucessfully Yosemite side by side with Lion 10.7 on my Very Old MacBook White 13" Begin 2007 and this for around 1 year, still working,,even after be sailed,,

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO

Thank you very much now i will give 10.10.2 a try and hope that it will work cause i would love to get yosemite working. will let you all know the results soon

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
i don't get this, i've install Yosemite 10.10.4 if i can remember, on my very old MacBook white 13", i've try lot's of methods, but only one had successfully run smooth, SFOOT, so, if you have Macbook white 13" early 2008 CPU - Intel Duo2core 2,4GHz / 4G Ram 800MHz DDR2 / Intel Graphics 144MB, i don't really remember how i did it, but i've did it, and i don't have no more my macbook, some one as buy it,,
So, for those who have the same specs, i think is really possible, however, as i already told before, in some point is useless, so, peace of advice, stay with your Lion is great OS, and if possible get another mac, i've done it,,,
wish all good luck and have fun.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
i don't get this, i've install Yosemite 10.10.4 if i can remember, on my very old MacBook white 13", i've try lot's of methods, but only one had successfully run smooth, SFOOT, so, if you have Macbook white 13" early 2008 CPU - Intel Duo2core 2,4GHz / 4G Ram 800MHz DDR2 / Intel Graphics 144MB, i don't really remember how i did it, but i've did it, and i don't have no more my macbook, some one as buy it,,
So, for those who have the same specs, i think is really possible, however, as i already told before, in some point is useless, so, peace of advice, stay with your Lion is great OS, and if possible get another mac, i've done it,,,
wish all good luck and have fun.
your running a newer macbook than i am. i am using a late 2006 macbook which is at least 2 years older then your 2008 macbook.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Thank you very much now i will give 10.10.2 a try and hope that it will work cause i would love to get yosemite working. will let you all know the results soon
ok now i got a question i got yosemite 10.10 installed and i want to update as far as possible. How far can i update before it will no longer boot?

Edit
i got everything updated but now i can not sign into imessage can someone please help me on this?

Last edited:

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok now i got a question i got yosemite 10.10 installed and i want to update as far as possible. How far can i update before it will no longer boot?

Edit
i got everything updated but now i can not sign into imessage can someone please help me on this?
Advice, before make any update, make a backup or a image of your system, that way you can always get it back, then you can follow some tuto, about how to update, i can't help you at that point, sorry, good luck.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Advice, before make any update, make a backup or a image of your system, that way you can always get it back, then you can follow some tuto, about how to update, i can't help you at that point, sorry, good luck.
its fine i am working on getting everything updated and install now but at least you helped me figure out what the problem was with getting the install to work. Thank you for that now to just get all my crap setup and everything installed

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
You welcome, cheers, have fun
Great news u got everything installed and it is working fine. the only problem that i see is when it wakes up from sleep it can't resume so i will be shutting it down when im not using it. if someone has a why that i can fix that it would really help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.