Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
For what its worth...

I have it fully installed now. Tried the PC at work. Updated to latest iTunes, restarted, made sure to turn off iTunes Helper, restarted again, then ran the AppTapp installer.

When I checked the phone it was loaded with programs to select. Nice. I've since updated "Sources". I've installed Navizon (it located me just fine), Sketches (fun), MobileChat, iLight, and Dock. So far, so good. Third time(machine) a charm?

Any suggestions for what to check out now?

Thanks for all the help and reports back to this thread. Would have given up without ya.

Probably not.. but whatever. ;)

decadentdave

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got it installed!!! Thanks to Severe and others for finding the solution. I trashed the itunes app and all of the preferences. I downloaded the itunes 7.4 .dmg installer from Apple's website. I re-installed itunes 7.4. After installation I QUIT itunes. I opened the Activity Monitor and had to FORCE QUIT the itunes helper. Once that was shut down I REBOOTED my iphone. Next I ran the AppTapp GUI installer and it ran FLAWLESSLY!!! THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!!!

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else having problems downloading AppTapp. I've been trying all morning my browser keeps timing out. If anyone can send the latest version to I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Cancel that order I just downloaded it.

phatphil

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Did you trash the itunes application plus the .plist preferences? Did you run AppTapp first before re-installing itunes?

Yes, I removed iTunes.app as well as the .plist file. I didn't run AppTapp until iTunes was reinstalled.

I have installed used some apps and now want to delete it. Does anyone know how to do that ?

Thanks

If you installed them via Installer.app, go to (on your iPhone):
Installer > Uninstall tab > Click on the application or file > Click the Uninstall button (top right).

If you installed them via iNdependence or SFTP, open iNdependence and go to the Customize tab. Then just select the app and click delete. Alternatively, you can also remove the files in your FTP client.

francisturgeon

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
BSD subsystem problem

When I try to install BSD subsystem, it download, unpackage... but after few minutes an error message appear : Error during install script execution

Can someone help meeee???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.