Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
You're very welcome. Go ahead and feel free to ask me if you ever have any more questions. I enjoy the opportunity to help out others :)

In my Previous Systems folder, I have a folder named Applications. In it are things like Internet Connect, Chess, Clock, Preview.....if I delete these by deleting the Previous Systems folder, will I loose them in my home directory?

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University
Originally posted by sethypoo
In my Previous Systems folder, I have a folder named Applications. In it are things like Internet Connect, Chess, Clock, Preview.....if I delete these by deleting the Previous Systems folder, will I loose them in my home directory?

Do you have current versions of these applications in your current Applications folder?

foniks2020

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2002
Carbon Copy Cloner

I'd just like to reccomend some software to people out there who have an extra drive or partition available.

Carbon Copy Cloner is a wonderful app which can be used to create a perfect copy, a bootable copy of your entire system to a new drive or partition.

It is available on Versiontracker.

The benefit of this is that you can keep your existing system as a fully functional backup that you can boot into in case of unforseen disaster. It has many other uses as well... such as synchronizing backups and doing scheduled backups.

Good stuff. I'm using it now, right before doing a clean install of Panther. This way it is a last resort for finding whatever I may have missed or forgot in the upgrade process while still gaining the benefits of a clean install.

Good luck all.

Nutzoids

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
Philly
Wish me luck...I just got my copy now and will be doing a clean install when I get home in just 3 long pain-staking hours...(without work I couldn't have my toys!) But for now wish me luck...I would also like to know if anyone had any issues with a Graphite iBook 466?:p

Jack White

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
England
just a quick question, i want to do a clean install, but i've heard horror stories about panther deleting the contents of firewire drives...if i back it up to the FW drive, do a clean install and the drive goes, i've lost everything!

anyway...will doing a clean install remove OS 9 as well? don't use it much but would like to keep it around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.