Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
If your phone has already downloaded the update, it will continue to prompt you to install it, even after deleting the beta profile.

To delete the downloads, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. Under Storage, select Manage Storage. Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it.

That should take care of it.
There is no downloaded update.

Orbit224

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I’m having an issue with all videos imported through iTunes (but not purchased through iTunes). It seems that all personal content not purchased via iTunes will not play in the TV app anymore. The cover art changes to gray/default and a “could not load video” error appears when trying to play. Anyone else have this issue or a fix? I called Apple and they blamed it on the beta but I hope this isn’t an intentional change. I’m using an iPad Pro 10.5” on 11.2 beta 1.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
My phone (7+) seems to be registering phantom touches. While connected to my car yesterday and displaying a map on the phone screen, all of a sudden it left maps for the home screen and then swiped to the widgets page. All while my hands were on the steering wheel. I had noticed some similar behavior another time while not in the car but thought I’d imagined it. Anyone else seeing this?

Thats Sounds like electricity stuff. I do See that on dc too. Here in Peru the Current is Not as stable as it should. A stabilizer for the energy supply helped. Seems 7 phones are more sensitive than 5 and 6

Reactions: gwhizkids

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
No Snapchat audio with beta 2 (iPhone X)

Never mind. Deleted and re-downloaded the app and it’s fine.

EDIT: it’s gone again.

EDIT: alright, seems like the issue is that I only get Snapchat sound when the iPhone ringer switch is not on silent. Beforehand, you could have your ringer switch set to silent and still activate Snapchat audio simply by hitting the volume button on the side of the phone while a video was playing. I guess that doesn’t work anymore?

Last edited:

Hans300

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2017
iOs 11.2 Beta 1 runs good even on my old iPhone 6. But battery life sucks.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I ran into this with two other devices in the past - a phone and a tablet. In both cases it turned out to be a h/w problem - a broken digitizer - that required factory service to repair.

Ouch. I did want to hear that!

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I cant play instagram stories on my iPhone 6. it freezes the app as soon as i click on a story.

However it works on my iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro. Weird

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Not sure if this is new but I found this today. I’m on iPhone X 11.2 beta 2. “Show pictures from this day”

Attachments

• 0E3DDDB6-35E9-4C99-B384-2A90D2E13070.jpeg
    0E3DDDB6-35E9-4C99-B384-2A90D2E13070.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 472

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone else notice that Maps no longer gives alternate route times when in navigation mode (in turn by turn, not overview)?

sum1else

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
Not sure if anyone noticed but bluetooth music streaming is completely dead on BMW cars. I tried this on my car 14' 435xi coupe, and also a new-ish 16' 535xi and after about 30 seconds of music streaming - the song stops and reverts the iDrive menu to the connection screen of the iphone. If you tap on your phone it will connect and resume. Extremely annoying!. But, a beta, is a beta afterall.

Same for me on iPhone X. Cannot play any music thru USB. And, when connected via USB, my car computer crashed twice, which has never happened before (and didn’t happen after unplugged it). iPhone X 11.2 beta. BMW X3 3.5 2014.

mfender

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2017
iOs 11.2 Beta 1 runs good even on my old iPhone 6. But battery life sucks.

battery life on my Iphone 6 is the best yet, in the of any of the IOS 11 releases. My son gave it to me when he bought the Iphone 8. I had to start with 11 after we formatted it, so I could restore my Iphone 5c backup to it. I immediately went from 11.01 to the first 11.1 beta 1. Battery life on the first 11.1 beta was terrible. It has progressively gotten better for me with each beta release. That is with a battery that shows a wear level of 86% in the battery life app or 87% in the Apple official, battery diagnostic app at an Apple authorized service center.

I took it there to have the battery replaced, but they stated that Apple will not replace your battery until it reaches a wear level of 80%, or less. I did not push them on this, but would like to know if anyone has had this experience in the real Apple Store?

daffie

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Holland
Anyone else experiencing youtube issues since 11.2 beta 1? During playback my phone is getting rather warm (on top, the part next to camera module), the connection is unstable, and it causes huge battery drain. Not sure if it's ios and/or youtube.

Btw last update for youtube was published (and installed) on October 30th. Public beta 11.2 beta 1 was published (and installed) November 1st.

Battery life in general on this latest public beta is definitely a lot less than on previous versions. Ah well...goes with the territory I guess. Waiting to see what the next update will bring...

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinite Jest

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
How performance on the X? Any new features/tidbits? Any other countries the TV app shows up in (Apple mentioned germany in their keynote)?

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
My iPad Pro 10.5 has always generally felt really fast and smooth accept for bringing up multitasking, scrolling through the app cards and selecting apps from the multitasking screen. everything here is slightly choppy and not as smooth.

I also keep getting a popup when opening the app store which says "turn on bluetooth to allow app store to connect to accessories."

dalericg

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
Hard reset not working for 8+. Anyone know if they changed the sequence or if it’s a bug?

Hard reset works the same. Volume up then Volume down, then Power button. You need to continue to hold the power button even after you get the “slide to power off “ graphic.

iPhone 8

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
battery life still sucks. i got a usage time of 2.5 hours, mainly used it to listen to music on spotify and occasionally checked iMessage, Instagram etc. and i am down to 50 %. I can pretty much watch the % drop. iPhone 7 Plus

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Weather widget still only works at certain times, on my 7+. It doesn’t up in the morning, even if I launch the app or the app is already launched. It updates for most of the day, but not always. Unfortunately, it a widget I look at a lot. Even the Weather.com widget doesn’t update correctly. They seem to work fine on my iPad Pro.

Reactions: TimFL1

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I'm noticing timers aren't going off or they are way delayed. I'll have it set for 15 minutes. Won't alarm for 40 minutes (just an example).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.