Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Not true. That was the beta for the iPhone X, the same that beta 1 for the other devices.
It was not the same as beta 1. It had a higher build number than beta one, was labeled “Developer Beta 2,” and the beta released today has the same build number as the one released on Friday for the X. Basically, iPhone X users got earlier access to beta 2.

jhall8

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2017
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
It was not the same as beta 1. It had a higher build number than beta one, was labeled “Developer Beta 2,” and the beta released today has the same build number as the one released on Friday for the X. Basically, iPhone X users got earlier access to beta 2.
That’s right. Best way is to check build numbers: 11.2 beta 1: 15C5092b; 11.2 beta 2: 15C5097d.

Dontcallmetiger

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2016
is anyone having issues with signal strength and iMessage? Att iPhone X coming from a 7+, my signal is much worse, showing 4g instead of LTE a lot of places I should have LTE. And trying to send/receive messages isn't working consistently. I tried to send a video and a pic today and had to retry several times. ended up having to restart my phone twice for it to go through.

edit: disregard, im on beta 2 not 1.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
is anyone having issues with signal strength and iMessage? Att iPhone X coming from a 7+, my signal is much worse, showing 4g instead of LTE a lot of places I should have LTE. And trying to send/receive messages isn't working consistently. I tried to send a video and a pic today and had to retry several times. ended up having to restart my phone twice for it to go through.

Probably just a carrier update that is needed. My X updated the T-Mo settings within a few minutes of being powered on.

Dontcallmetiger

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2016
Probably just a carrier update that is needed. My X updated the T-Mo settings within a few minutes of being powered on.

I've had it since launch. I think you're right, I just wish there was a way for me to force it to update haha went to general - about but no dice.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I've had it since launch. I think you're right, I just wish there was a way for me to force it to update haha went to general - about but no dice.

Agreed. When I updated my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 11, it pulled a carrier update, whereas my iPad Pro running on the same network did not. It just happens when it want's to I suppose.

Reactions: Dontcallmetiger

sduck

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
I’m having an issue with all videos imported through iTunes (but not purchased through iTunes). It seems that all personal content not purchased via iTunes will not play in the TV app anymore. The cover art changes to gray/default and a “could not load video” error appears when trying to play. Anyone else have this issue or a fix? I called Apple and they blamed it on the beta but I hope this isn’t an intentional change. I’m using an iPad Pro 10.5” on 11.2 beta 1.

I have exactly that same problem. I figure it's an unintentional problem, and reported it via the feedback app. Hope they fix it soon!

marocmami

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2018
RE: Under New Issues: "Options to Offload Unused Apps, Autodelete Old Conversations, and Review Large Attachments are no longer accessible on some devices."....

(iPhone 5, iOS 11.4.1) The option to Review Large Attachments does not exist when I go into Settings/General/iPhone Storage. I have been searching all over the internet and not found a single thread/forum that addresses this issue. It can't be possible that I'm the only person with this problem?? Every search I do just gives me the instructions to free up storage by using that feature -- but I swear, Internet, on my phone, the option is SIMPLY. NOT. THERE.

What's the fix?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
RE: Under New Issues: "Options to Offload Unused Apps, Autodelete Old Conversations, and Review Large Attachments are no longer accessible on some devices."....

(iPhone 5, iOS 11.4.1) The option to Review Large Attachments does not exist when I go into Settings/General/iPhone Storage. I have been searching all over the internet and not found a single thread/forum that addresses this issue. It can't be possible that I'm the only person with this problem?? Every search I do just gives me the instructions to free up storage by using that feature -- but I swear, Internet, on my phone, the option is SIMPLY. NOT. THERE.

What's the fix?
iPhone 5 does not run 11.4.1

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
My iPhone 5s, running iOS 12 beta, does not show either Autodelete old conversations, or Review Large attachments..
I expect it was never brought back for the final release of iOS 11.2 or 11.3, and is now gone. It may be related to hardware capabilities, and perhaps would affect system performance enough on the older hardware that Apple decided it was not worth doing.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012

What's the fix?
My iPhone 5s, running iOS 12 beta, does not show either Autodelete old conversations, or Review Large attachments..
I expect it was never brought back for the final release of iOS 11.2 or 11.3, and is now gone. It may be related to hardware capabilities, and perhaps would affect system performance enough on the older hardware that Apple decided it was not worth doing.
Just to double check, are you going into Messages after going to Settings/General/iPhone storage? It was missed out and I don’t want to assume anything.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Nothing in Settings/General/iPhone storage/Messages, other than the opportunity to select and delete various types of documents & data from Messages, manually. There's no choice for doing that automatically, at least in the storage settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.