Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does iOS 11stutter with your iphone?

• Yes use an iPhone 6 or earlier model

• Yes use an iPhone 6s or later

• Yes use an iPad Air 2 or earlier

• Yes use an iPad Pro or later

• No Apple did a tremendous job!

Results are only viewable after voting.

eifer

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
My iPhone 6+ was running perfectly until I installed iOS11. Now almost everything is laggy. Apps seem out of sync. Native apps run slowly. Wtf?

Johnedlt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Manila
The more I use it the more I love to hate it. Screwed up some apps too. The giant fonts may be good for people with reading glasses like me but the design is so inefficient... just look at what they did with the stocks app. It looks like someone just learning to code messed with the UI.

I want to downgrade but sadly I will lose business messages worth so many days.
[doublepost=1506442672][/doublepost]My advise to Tim: stop playing US politics and take your advocacy unrelated to Apple separate from Apple. As important as aids and gay rights are it does not have anything to do with running a tech (largely device and software) company.

Elon talks about transport, mars, AI in general but these are areas that run into the core of his companies.

Please do it as Tim Cook not as Apple.

My 2 cents.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
No more stuttering on my 10.5 iPad after today’s update. Hopefully it stays that way, but thanks for the quick fix Apple!

Johnedlt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Manila
11.0.1 is out. It improved scrolling esp for native apps. But sadly transferred stuttering to 3rd party apps. You peeps experience this?

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
No issue whatsoever on iPhone 7.
No issue whatsoever on iPad Air 2.
Slow and stuttering on iPad Air.

Impossible.

The iPhone 8S stutters when I tested in the Apple Store.

My 2017 iPad Pro also stutters sometimes.

10.3.3 was definetly alot smoother.

Reactions: M. Gustave

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I can’t imagine how bad the stuttering and labs would be without the blazing fast new Apple CPUs. Because iOS 11 with the latest iPad Pro hardware stutters and delays all the time.

I know this is a new iOS release and bug fixes are coming, but want this supposed to be a year of fixing the fundamentals? They’ve already had to do an emergency patch for Exchange. Oy...

Reactions: M. Gustave

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
I can’t imagine how bad the stuttering and labs would be without the blazing fast new Apple CPUs. Because iOS 11 with the latest iPad Pro hardware stutters and delays all the time.

I know this is a new iOS release and bug fixes are coming, but want this supposed to be a year of fixing the fundamentals? They’ve already had to do an emergency patch for Exchange. Oy...

Not to mention the months long beta testing... I really don’t understand it. And to have to patch it a week later, it’s embarrassing.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
My iPhone 6 and iPad Pro both have stuttering issues. Given the range of performance, it doesn’t seem to be hardware related.
It's never hardware related. The new iPhones and iPads are number for number as fast as a Macbook Pro. Everything wrong has to due with poor optimization. Usually these annoyances get fixed in the X.1 updates.

daffie

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Holland
Not to mention the months long beta testing... I really don’t understand it. And to have to patch it a week later, it’s embarrassing.

Pff...it's patched...issues have been solved...and as always it's a work in progress.

Onwards and upwards...

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007
I’m finding the YouTube app terrible for stutter. I think it must be a problem with that app, though, because nothing else is as bad. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
The more I use it the more I love to hate it. Screwed up some apps too. The giant fonts may be good for people with reading glasses like me but the design is so inefficient... just look at what they did with the stocks app. It looks like someone just learning to code messed with the UI.

I want to downgrade but sadly I will lose business messages worth so many days.
[doublepost=1506442672][/doublepost]My advise to Tim: stop playing US politics and take your advocacy unrelated to Apple separate from Apple. As important as aids and gay rights are it does not have anything to do with running a tech (largely device and software) company.

Elon talks about transport, mars, AI in general but these are areas that run into the core of his companies.

Please do it as Tim Cook not as Apple.

My 2 cents.

Good luck with that as everything is so politically driven these days. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.