Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
New bug, random face id request. I can be using random apps, and out of no where asks for Face ID. Sometime I have phone laying on table and I can see suddenly screen lights up asking for Face ID. Just started happening on beta 3. No issues in beta 2.

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
Beta 2 was great for me. Mail worked fine too. This beta is awful. Mail broken again, horrible LTE, battery life went down. Really hope this next release is more like beta 2 ??‍♀️

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
My recent contacts on the long press of messages still doesn’t work. It’s still not showing any contacts at all. Is this working for anyone? Does it ever change? I’ve raised it as a bug but they haven’t acknowledged it.
1bc6af984eb35c85acd4869fd41a63c7.jpg

Reactions: macintoshmac

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
My recent contacts on the long press of messages still doesn’t work. It’s still not showing any contacts at all. Is this working for anyone? Does it ever change? I’ve raised it as a bug but they haven’t acknowledged it.
I only see one other option “Show All Windows.” That‘s on my iPad Pro 12.9.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

BuzzingCricket

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
New bug, random face id request. I can be using random apps, and out of no where asks for Face ID. Sometime I have phone laying on table and I can see suddenly screen lights up asking for Face ID. Just started happening on beta 3. No issues in beta 2.

I’ve also experienced this many times after installing beta 3.

Reactions: gank41

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Also, battery got worse in 13.3 beta 2, but beta 3 is a whole new level of bad.

attery life went down.

I've the same experience: the battery life is worse on this beta, my iPhone 11 Pro is dropping power like never before. On Beta 2 it was fine, on Beta 3 it's loosing about 10% per Hour, even if it's idle.

Last edited:
Reactions: decypher44

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010

It works randomly for me. Sometimes it shows a contact, sometimes nothing, like your screenshot. There is one more thing: when it does show a contact, that contact is not a frequently contacted contact at all. This is buggy and hopefully adequately high on their list of priorities.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
My smart batt case for 11 pro max isn’t charging the phone, the normal batt is draining first and the case stays at 100% anyone else having issues with the beta, not sure if my batt case is damaged or it’s the beta not letting it work

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
Still have cellular issues where it disappears and then reconnects. Seems less frequent and it reconnects quicker now. I’m not sure if it’s due to resetting the network settings or beta 3. I had zero cellular issues before 13.3 beta.

Reactions: ram130

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
It is possible! On the phone, tap the first post you want to quote, from the contextual menu that pops up, select “more”, then select “multi quote” from the options.

ef8e037ffd812365362002689e1bb0dc.plist

e25faa34318ca18d8ab947d0e7602d70.plist

Ooohhh nice one ta. Didn’t know that! I did think it was a strange omission on behalf of Tapatalk. Glad I was wrong.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
This really is a random one then. All the people that have got iPhones that I know of, it doesn’t work at all. It beggars belief how Apple can **** up something so seemingly simple so royally expertly.
It has always worked for me too, but I just realized now that the contacts that do show never change. It's always the same 2 people.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2016
This really is a random one then. All the people that have got iPhones that I know of, it doesn’t work at all. It beggars belief how Apple can **** up something so seemingly simple so royally expertly.
It has always worked for me too, but I just realized now that the contacts that do show never change. It's always the same 2 people.

Works for me too - but the first person listed is.....me. Ugh.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
I have just noticed that some features have been added to mouse support. Not sure if the additions are from this beta or the previous, but they are not present on 13.2. Specifically, buttons can be assigned to a new "hold and drag" action (which is super useful with multitasking and, in general, drag and drop) and to a new family of actions called "scrolling gestures". It is now also possible to assign actions to hot corners! Unfortunately, when doing so, the assistive touch widget cannot be hidden (for some obscure reason!). Also a new feature, called "fallback action" has been added, not sure what it does, but it's related to Dwell Control.

PS: interesting how these new features seem to be very specific and advanced, and yet something as basic as being able to set scrolling direction and intensity is missing. Still, it's great to see that someone is still working on mouse support for iPadOS.

172F994E-BAAA-4527-B65B-467A58FEAB89.jpeg

Last edited:

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Still have cellular issues where it disappears and then reconnects. Seems less frequent and it reconnects quicker now. I’m not sure if it’s due to resetting the network settings or beta 3. I had zero cellular issues before 13.3 beta.

Same on the 11 Pro. Happened to me last night. I’m thinking it was hardware on the XS. But nope, same on the 11 series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.