Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I see this update reported frequently. What exactly do these modem firmware updates provide, other than perhaps greater reliability? In other words, why do we care?
[automerge]1574443429[/automerge]

I don't necessarily want to go "full iOS 12" for iOS 14. I'd be happy with the hybrid that seemed to be the point of the Bloomberg piece: Announce features at WWDC, release those you can with the X.0 release coinciding with the new iPhone models and release the rest when they are complete and don't have deleterious effects on other portions of the OS.

I personally report them here since we use these threads to report and share with other members what changed with/ in a particular iOS build.

With respect to modem firmware updates, I would expect these updates to tweak how the modem handles upload/ download to allow us optimum stability and reliability. Beyond a certain point, I do not think if it has any outward, visible value to users.

Reactions: gwhizkids

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Mail is still not fixed for me as well.
Mail does not go to the All Inbox. Instead it goes to the individual Inbox and ONLY after I pull down. Then after some time when I go back to the All Inbox, it's there. I've missed a few emails by this.
Same here.
But once on my feedback on this issue, apple displayed that this is as per design.
I also dont agree to them that this should be by design.
Have you submitted this feedback.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Same here.
But once on my feedback on this issue, apple displayed that this is as per design.
That's just crazy !
I have not reported yet, but I will.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Same here.

I’ve reported this issue AGAIN just yesterday. I expect nothing from that lot to change however.

SUGAR RAY WONKA

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
I agree with your statement but I'm getting the best battery life ever on the 13.3 betas, iP11Pro. The public releases I've ran since 13.1 have not been this good in both usage and standby.

Same here. It’s insane actually. I had 80% left on my IPP 11 Pro Max when I got home after 10 hours at work yesterday, during which I did a fair bit of browsing, Twitter, emailing, and music Streaming via Bluetooth.

Same again today - 85% left after a significantly shorter day with usage pretty much equivalent to yesterday.

On my old XS Max this would have been 55% at best.

If they can maintain this for the official release it should be even better without all the additional logging the beta does. I’d prob only have to charge every other night.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Does anybody else see weird email thread behavior? For example I have a conversation with a person and the Mail app shows a part of the very first email that I received from that person in every email.
This particular issue that I have is with exchange account.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015

Attachments

• DC53C79A-0741-4CBB-98DE-2C9CC3F5B5F7.png
    DC53C79A-0741-4CBB-98DE-2C9CC3F5B5F7.png
    937.1 KB · Views: 141

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Same here. It’s insane actually. I had 80% left on my IPP 11 Pro Max when I got home after 10 hours at work yesterday, during which I did a fair bit of browsing, Twitter, emailing, and music Streaming via Bluetooth.

Same again today - 85% left after a significantly shorter day with usage pretty much equivalent to yesterday.

On my old XS Max this would have been 55% at best.

If they can maintain this for the official release it should be even better without all the additional logging the beta does. I’d prob only have to charge every other night.

Same on the iPhone 11 Pro regular size. Well similar. Unplugged at 1am yesterday. Came home 10 hrs later with 40% left. My XS max would be at 20% or so.

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
Another thing I notice is files app really is too slow to read photos from an external sad ,like as if apple isn't caching anything

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I’ve gone ahead and reset network settings to see if that fixes my cellular connectivity issues at work. I’ll update on Monday. That said, I’m pulling about 80-90mbps down at home now on LTE vs 60 before, but that might just be random. Hopefully this fixes it though, other than that these betas have been pretty stable for me with good battery life.
Edit: Just wanted to mention I’m glad the background refresh issue was just a bug in the software and not a hardware issue. Tested it by switching to the camera, taking 4 pictures, opened and closed Facebook, took a picture in Snapchat and went back to Safari. No reloads ?

Last edited:

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I wonder if all the issues are related to Apple changing something in the code for 2 times faster launching of stock apps.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don’t understand the placement of Auto Brightness toggle under Accessibility. It should be under Display and Brightness like it used to be.
That has been like that for quite some time now, before iOS 13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.