Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Anyone else getting this issue with messages?
I close out messages, and whenever I reopen it, it takes me directly into a message thread between me and gf. I have A list of 6 other messages. I matter what I try, it won’t open to the main list, only directly into that one. Very annoying.

Well, one way to fix for now. Deleted the message thread.

/reported

No issue

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Its not broken for everyone though, my mail app is working fine.
I do wish they'd switch to an 18 month update cycle though!

It’s coming to a point to where they have to. Technology can only become so evolved that things need to be slowed down to allow more time to innovate new products. The iPhone 11 models are already great. I don’t see why they need to release a new set of models in one year.

Reactions: LK265

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
no issues with messages, it is snappier coming from 13.1.3 for sure..
I do not use apple mail, so no issues with that!
Happy DL!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
It’s coming to a point to where they have to. Technology can only become so evolved that things need to be slowed down to allow more time to innovate new products. The iPhone 11 models are already great. I don’t see why they need to release a new set of models in one year.

Mainly because if they don’t, Android manufacturers will. Same as was true with car manufacturers for many years.

This is all about marketing.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Reactions: cale508

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
All mail notifications vanish upon viewing the mail by clicking any one of them on the notification centre.
Any one else?

Saliency

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
13.3 breaks things even more. Smart invert colours don't work anymore with Safari. It stops working on beta 2 and they didnt fix it in B3. Its totally ridiculous now. Apple really drop the ball in term of quality control since iOS 13/macOS Catalina.

What is up with Apple’s war against Smart Invert in iOS 13? It used to be truly amazing to use an OLED iPhone with iOS 12. You could get a super dim screen for night reading using:
Smart Invert
+ Zoom’s Low Light Filter
+ Reduce White Point

But since iOS 13, Reduce White Point actually brightens the screen when Smart Invert is on. And the in-app keyboard is bright instead of inverted. And there are random bright inversion flickers while scrolling Safari. Or as you point out — it has stopped working entirely for Safari in this beta.

It would be great to have a thread on this issue. Not only does it affect vision impaired people, it also affects people who want to read before bed without disturbing their partner.

• Love
Reactions: SoYoung

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Save Video As New Clip is now available in this build for trimmed videos. Noticed and reported here by @Banglazed first, I am only attaching proof.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.png
    IMG_0096.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 146

prithvi64

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2017
this build seems to be snappier and mails are being fetched and displayed in inbox. I still have doubt whether all fixes in 13.2.3 have been included in this build.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Those with Mail and messages issues. Do some of the following

For Mail —

Turn off all accounts :: settings — accounts - turn off sync for each

Reboot.

Remove accounts.

Wait 2mins. Reboot.

Reinstall Mail app. This will clear its buggy cache.

Add all accounts back. Wait a minute. Reboot.

—report back if not fixed.

For Messages —

Mostly for inconsistent syncing between devices, not marking messages as read, freezes

Turn off iMessage. (Messages in iCloud if enabled) ..Sign out of iCloud. Say yes to keeping local items.

Reboot. Sign back into iCloud. (Enable messages in iCloud if you had it before) ..say yes to merging. iMessage should turn on. If not then do so.
—no more issues should happen

The-Barron

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Anyone having issues with AirPods on 13.3. Since release of 13.2 every firmware has had me having to forget them from device and repair every use as they refuse to connect

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Getting a bug report ready for an issue in Photos. On my iPad and Mac (which are not on betas, I have all of my photo albums. On my phone...I’m missing quite a few albums. I would say at least half of them are missing. All of my photos are still on the phone, just not in their albums. Almost as if the albums were deleted. I have iCloud photos turned on, so I’m waiting to see if it updates at some point and the same thing happens to my iPad and Mac. ? It will be a huge pain to have to get all of my photos back into albums...

magpie79

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2017
Still the issue with using the hey Siri command over Bluetooth in the car isn’t fixed. Siri responds and the words come up on phone screen but nothing is announced through the speakers. The only way to get it to work is summon Siri by long pressing the side power button and it works fine. Submitted feedback but apparently no other reports but I know this not to be true. I have 11PM and been like this since 13.2.

iL15hts

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Netflix bypasses the subtitle & captioning settings in accessibilities. Apart from that this build is solid for me.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Those with mail issues. I was having the same thing on our “family” 8plus. Crashes ect. Got fed up. Deleted all old emails, and cleaned everything up. Then I deleted the App as a whole. Then reinstalled it. Resynced the accounts, ect. It is working great now. No freezing no false notifications ect. A bit dramatic way to fix it but it works.

I will try this for the freezing Mail does for me when I tap on a notification and it opens. To be fair, this isn't something someone has to do for it to work.

pizzzle

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
nyc
I will try this for the freezing Mail does for me when I tap on a notification and it opens. To be fair, this isn't something someone has to do for it to work.

I deleted my account, rebooted, deleted the app, rebooted , put my account back in etc and the mail app still freezes when I click on a notification. I’m getting used to just not clicking on mail notifications now.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I deleted my account, rebooted, deleted the app, rebooted , put my account back in etc and the mail app still freezes when I click on a notification. I’m getting used to just not clicking on mail notifications now.

It could also be phone specific. We have an on-call phone (iPhone 7) that doesn't have this issue with Mail. I have an iPhone X that does.

Reactions: AdamNC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.