Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tthomson

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2020
I’m getting a never-ending network activity icon randomly on my 8 Plus. Started with 13.5 I think.

edit: fixed after using Siri.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hmmm...My 11 Pro Max just randomly rebooted while streaming Music on Apple Music and typing a reply on WhatsApp to a friends text, all of a sudden black screen and loading icon and back to home screen with all apps closed.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Just updated few hours ago. Agree with some folks here, the UI is smoother & feel lighter than 13.5 (again, this is only feeling). But one that I notice is the battery drains faster. Not too much, but 4% in 3 hours, with normal use. I remember the battery in 13.5 and prev releases is better than this. I am using iPad 3.
It seems, the smooth and light UI come with the expense of faster cpu clock which draw more battery. Let’s see in next few days.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
My iCloud mailbox doesn’t seem to wanna update at all today.

FWIW my iCloud Mailbox has only updated accurately 3 or 4 of the many times I’ve checked my email today. Definitely not reliable. I’m also seeing a lot of apps freezing up today, too. Safari, Mail, Messages, Tweetbot, Reeder... doesn’t seem to matter. I can get to the app switcher and to the home screen. But when I go back to whatever app’s having that problem, it’s still frozen.

AND as I was writing this post, I got the following prompt! But I’ve got plenty of free space. What a dumpster fire iOS 13 is.

Attachments

• DCA47EF3-61E5-4BDB-B9DF-E71D176322DE.png
    DCA47EF3-61E5-4BDB-B9DF-E71D176322DE.png
    875.6 KB · Views: 303
  • DC0A992B-35A2-4165-BB17-1E54AFC02AA4.png
    DC0A992B-35A2-4165-BB17-1E54AFC02AA4.png
    996.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
WhatsApp does make my iPhone restart a few times and now this happened when I’ve tried to answer a message. Don’t know if it’s an iOS or WhatsApp issue.

Attachments

• 3A562ADE-9CD4-42C1-86ED-2810F63E1275.png
    3A562ADE-9CD4-42C1-86ED-2810F63E1275.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 175

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I may drop my IPP 11 to the 5.5 beta.
With the update to 13.5.1 I am now getting an occasional blank lockscreen. Tap the screen or hit the power button and only the wallpaper shows. No time, status or other options. FaceID does nothing when this happens. Hitting the power button to turn off and return back on usually fixes ... till the next occurence.

Seeing a bigger battery drain also with games and video (Heckfire, Spectrum TV).

bapegg

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2019
Missouri
I tried updating my iPad mini 4 to 13.5.1 using iTunes and it crashed. I couldn't even restore it with the backup created during the update. I kept getting error messages when I tried to restore it. I finally got it to restore using the last backup I did for my iPad Pro two weeks ago. It is still downloading all my apps from iCloud as we speak. I did check and it is at 13.5.1 now.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
It actually does feel snappier. No joke...

That would be cool. I didn't know about this update until a few minutes ago. 13.5 is ehh..ok I guess. No major issues.
I guess like many others I have noticed a bigger battery drain, this is on the XS Max though..

(Battery health still reads 94% though...if this means anything? I think it read 94% way back in Oct, Nov. Beats me.)

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Pro Max
New issue with .... Mail ... :rolleyes:
When I open Mail to the root and pull to refresh, the Title will drop onto the Inbox line.
A second refresh usually, but not always, fixes it. Sometimes you have to close it. Kill it, and relaunch it.
36890C9B-C022-43C3-B636-B26816453E32.jpeg
[automerge]1591328742[/automerge]
I may drop my IPP 11 to the 5.5 beta.
With the update to 13.5.1 I am now getting an occasional blank lockscreen. Tap the screen or hit the power button and only the wallpaper shows. No time, status or other options. FaceID does nothing when this happens. Hitting the power button to turn off and return back on usually fixes ... till the next occurence.

Seeing a bigger battery drain also with games and video (Heckfire, Spectrum TV).

I did drop my IPP to the PB.
So far no further Lockscreen issues.

Reactions: gank41

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Still getting slightly stuttering when opening and closing apps. Doesn’t happen all the time. Had this since 13.4.1.

pw5a29

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2016
Coventry, United Kingdom
iOS 13.5.5 beta doesn't have the pride watchfaces on the watch.app. (tested the new california face)

Which causes the watch to reset to regular faces. The watch can set itself to use a pride face though, but it will reset when the watch.app on the phone opens

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
Upgraded from iOS 13.3 to 13.5 and noticing shorter battery life. Is 13.5.1 any better?

Edit: also seems like RAM management is broken again on 13.5, apps keep reloading

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
WhatsApp does make my iPhone restart a few times and now this happened when I’ve tried to answer a message. Don’t know if it’s an iOS or WhatsApp issue.

Can you attach a video instead? My understanding is that as soon as you open WhatsApp, you are signposted to the Home Screen, is that right? If so, I had the same achy problem on iOS 13.4. So far, so good with iOS13.5 and currently iOS 13.5.1! ?

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Can you attach a video instead? My understanding is that as soon as you open WhatsApp, you are signposted to the Home Screen, is that right? If so, I had the same achy problem on iOS 13.4. So far, so good with iOS13.5 and currently iOS 13.5.1! ?
I cannot reproduce it. When I’m at the lock screen and answering some messages it happened a few times that my phone froze and restarted after a while. One time I’ve accidentally switched to the home screen without answering completely the message (don’t know how) and the keyboard was still present. It wasn’t possible to hide it.

• Wow
Reactions: La BESTIA

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
How do you all explain this from a version that basically just patched the security hole being used for jailbreak?

As long as I know there were no other changes in this build, compared to 13.5

That is a good question. Only change yet it randomly messed up my lockscreen. Appears have affected other folks differently. Makes you wonder what changes were done to close the hole ...

Reactions: sorgo †

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Battery on my 6S seems immediately better. Updated this morning, and on top of the usual fiddling around I recorded video for about half an hour and have been watching YouTube for another 45 minutes since. I’d easily be at 50-60% on previous software. Currently still at 75%.

La BESTIA

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
I cannot reproduce it. When I’m at the lock screen and answering some messages it happened a few times that my phone froze and restarted after a while. One time I’ve accidentally switched to the home screen without answering completely the message (don’t know how) and the keyboard was still present. It wasn’t possible to hide it.

It seems that you’d better reach out the Apple Genius Bar. You have my best wishes!

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
What mail bug are you referring to? I have constant problems with my gmail account using the native iPhone mail app with blank emails, not marked as read etc.

Odd... I have three Gmail accounts added in the stock Mail App and those are all working just fine. My Yahoo & old @msn accounts usually have a delay, but it's always like that and always rectifies itself quickly. My issues are with my main iCloud account. Usually I can delete or move an email and those changes are reflected almost immediately on the web and on my MBP, but at times on my iDevices it just says "Updating" at the bottom for maybe 5 minutes ... orrrr maybe 6-7 hours while I'm asleep? Not sure. I've woken up to an 11 on the Badge count but no emails. Just "Updating". Then I check on my MacBook Pro and there's 6 new emails? All of my other mail accounts are fine on my iDevices, and there's no issues with my iCloud Account in WebMail or in Catalina, only iOS & iPadOS, and only for the iCloud mail account. This causes issues with the All Inboxes folder, too, it seems. I'm used to troubleshooting tech issues for work, but in this case there's really no options in iOS or iPadOS for Mail other than to turn it off and on. Which seemed to help! But only for maybe 36 or so hours?

I'm also now having issues with my S4 Apple Watch not working for System Password prompts & unlocking. I can erase & restore the watch and then everything seems to work, again, for like 36 or so hours. Erase & Restore, rinse & repeat. So, the devices do physically work for all of this stuff! Buuuuut only for a bit. Which, to me, means software. And software where the only option is On or Off? I just restored my iPhone 11 Pro Max on Friday, along with my Apple Watch, and everything seemed to work perfectly! ... for about 36 or so hours. Some time on Sunday my Watch stopped prompting me to unlock my Laptop from sleep, and then I noticed it wasn't prompting me for System Password prompts, even though my MBP was showing that it WAS prompting me to confirm on my watch. Sooo, all of the same problems still exist, plus more it seems. I'm finding that my Apple Music library isn't syncing across correctly to my iDevices, either! Again, my MBP is showing correct and the Web is showing correct (Check link below). My iDevices either don't update or at least my iPad seems to update after maybe 15-60+ Minutes? Maybe a couple hours? What a massive dumpster fire the entire iOS13 train wreck has been for me, boy howdy. I'm sure the actual hardware will scream whenever they can get some competent people working again. I normally don't resort to name calling, but when there's this many issues for such a random amount of people (Not a lot! We get it!), all for major functions of some of their most used core apps? It makes me laugh when I read wannabe twitter pundits calling iOS 14 a snooze fest due to it being a spit & polish release. Hooray! I hope? Maybe?? Yay!?

• Wow
Reactions: La BESTIA

ds234858y27

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
Odd... I have three Gmail accounts added in the stock Mail App and those are all working just fine. My Yahoo & old @msn accounts usually have a delay, but it's always like that and always rectifies itself quickly. My issues are with my main iCloud account. Usually I can delete or move an email and those changes are reflected almost immediately on the web and on my MBP, but at times on my iDevices it just says "Updating" at the bottom for maybe 5 minutes ... orrrr maybe 6-7 hours while I'm asleep? Not sure. I've woken up to an 11 on the Badge count but no emails. Just "Updating". Then I check on my MacBook Pro and there's 6 new emails? All of my other mail accounts are fine on my iDevices, and there's no issues with my iCloud Account in WebMail or in Catalina, only iOS & iPadOS, and only for the iCloud mail account. This causes issues with the All Inboxes folder, too, it seems. I'm used to troubleshooting tech issues for work, but in this case there's really no options in iOS or iPadOS for Mail other than to turn it off and on. Which seemed to help! But only for maybe 36 or so hours?

I'm also now having issues with my S4 Apple Watch not working for System Password prompts & unlocking. I can erase & restore the watch and then everything seems to work, again, for like 36 or so hours. Erase & Restore, rinse & repeat. So, the devices do physically work for all of this stuff! Buuuuut only for a bit. Which, to me, means software. And software where the only option is On or Off? I just restored my iPhone 11 Pro Max on Friday, along with my Apple Watch, and everything seemed to work perfectly! ... for about 36 or so hours. Some time on Sunday my Watch stopped prompting me to unlock my Laptop from sleep, and then I noticed it wasn't prompting me for System Password prompts, even though my MBP was showing that it WAS prompting me to confirm on my watch. Sooo, all of the same problems still exist, plus more it seems. I'm finding that my Apple Music library isn't syncing across correctly to my iDevices, either! Again, my MBP is showing correct and the Web is showing correct (Check link below). My iDevices either don't update or at least my iPad seems to update after maybe 15-60+ Minutes? Maybe a couple hours? What a massive dumpster fire the entire iOS13 train wreck has been for me, boy howdy. I'm sure the actual hardware will scream whenever they can get some competent people working again. I normally don't resort to name calling, but when there's this many issues for such a random amount of people (Not a lot! We get it!), all for major functions of some of their most used core apps? It makes me laugh when I read wannabe twitter pundits calling iOS 14 a snooze fest due to it being a spit & polish release. Hooray! I hope? Maybe?? Yay!?

I use Thunderbird email on my Macs. I turned off Sort->Threaded which helped issues on my iPhone SE v2 (was problem on previous iPhone8). I no longer have to delete gmail account then re-add it. It seems to correct after a bit now. I think it has to do with how the mail in indexed for viewing. From long ago there was the notorious No Sender gmail bug on the Mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.