Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Blagojco Vuckovski

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
Hello, i have a iphone11 from 20.12.19
I have used ios13.4.1 long time, and now i updated to ios13.5.1 on 03.06.20.
Before update my battery health have been on 98%. Two days after update dropped on 97% and today on 96% what is happening?

in just 8 days since the update battery health is down 2% how? Please help me!

I am doing the same things as always i dont know what is happening?????

I am trying to charge the phone always when battery is at 30-40% to 80-90%. Background app refresh is allowed for minimum aps (3-4).
Please if u know what is this problem help!

guys please help me, today 15.06.20 it showed 95% battery health
What is happening? I am scared please help

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
I have (well, had) two apps on my iPhone that I haven't updated for awhile. These older versions of apps had features that weren't available on newer versions so I went out of my way to NOT update these two apps. For the last 3-4 years, I've kept automatic app updates (and automatic OS updates) turned OFF on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. *I* have been choosing when to update, intentionally skipping updates for days, weeks or months until I knew that it was something I wanted to install.

Last night I decided to MANUALLY update my iPhone to iOS 13.5.1. I activated the update and put my phone down on the couch while it went about its update business.

This morning, I discovered that 5 apps were ALSO updated. Two of those 5 apps are the two that I have been INTENTIONALLY avoiding the updates. I checked in settings and Automatic Updates (both app and OS) are still TURNED OFF. So, WTF did my apps get updated too?

Apple, I'm SO PISSED OFF right now. Keep your damn hands out of my phone until I request an update! It's chicken sheet that this happened. Those apps should NOT have been touched/updated. I never agreed to having those apps updated. Freakin' pain in the ass company!

Mark

Reactions: korbs

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I set my phone down next to me before bed, force quit all apps, and was at 100% battery. Woke up to 57% battery and the only app listed as running during that time is the music app, all in the background for that entire time. Nothing was playing. The app wasn’t even open. What a joke.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I set my phone down next to me before bed, force quit all apps, and was at 100% battery. Woke up to 57% battery and the only app listed as running during that time is the music app, all in the background for that entire time. Nothing was playing. The app wasn’t even open. What a joke.

Did you get any feedback from Apple when you reported it?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Did you get any feedback from Apple when you reported it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHJCKDSHBSKRVJBNRKVJSRKVJRVBSKRJVSBKSR!

I have reported more bugs to Apple thru the iOS 13 release cycle (July-2 days ago) than I think I’ve ever reported any issues to anyone. I THINK maybe 1 or 2 of the bugs I’ve filed received any kind of response at all, and that was only to note that more than 10 people have reported the issue. That being the laundry list of Mail issues...

Reactions: Cinimod1000

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

I have reported more bugs to Apple thru the iOS 13 release cycle (July-2 days ago) than I think I’ve ever reported any issues to anyone. I THINK maybe 1 or 2 of the bugs I’ve filed received any kind of response at all, and that was only to note that more than 10 people have reported the issue. That being the laundry list of Mail issues...

As I thought. Piss poor isn’t it? The mail team need firing!

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
As I thought. Piss poor isn’t it? The mail team need firing!

I’m convinced that the internal teams at Apple have the same documentation to go off of that 3rd party App Devs have to go off of.... which is next to nothing. I read on Twitter SO many devs just lacking basic KB info about how to implement basic features consistently. And then seeing how much certain core apps have changed, leads me to believe that people at Apple that work on Mail, Music, Messages, etc, all work in their own bubble trying to figure the OS out as they go with no one documenting what or how they got there.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I’m convinced that the internal teams at Apple have the same documentation to go off of that 3rd party App Devs have to go off of.... which is next to nothing. I read on Twitter SO many devs just lacking basic KB info about how to implement basic features consistently. And then seeing how much certain core apps have changed, leads me to believe that people at Apple that work on Mail, Music, Messages, etc, all work in their own bubble trying to figure the OS out as they go with no one documenting what or how they got there.

Have your read this? It explains why we are so doomed with Apple, not only about Catalina

Reactions: gank41

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Have your read this? It explains why we are so doomed with Apple, not only about Catalina
I have, yeah. I mean, it all makes sense. I've worked for people that expect miracles yesterday.. If they can just cut out the yearly OS cycle, it'd remove the pressure they're probably all feeling and would only (hopefully) lead to a better UI experience overall.

The problem is that core apps are part of the OS and they are trying to do FAR too much at once. Improve- Apple TV, News, all core apps. The stuff to make them money of course, that I doubt the majority of people use or care about

Plus stuff in new features. And I wish they'd stop wasting time on crap like Animoji/Memoji that no one uses. It was a cool concept of facial tracking but not worth more time in.

Look at Android, they worry about the core OS. Mail is it's own app in the store, as is calendar, dialer, etc.

They need to split the apps from the OS. Then update the apps through the year.

Reactions: katbel and gank41

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
...They need to split the apps from the OS. Then update the apps through the year.

I know this is all also probably for the speculation thread, but it'd be great if they did this and allowed updates for their Core Apps via the App Store like Android does. Services, even.. That'd be wonderful, not having to wait for an OS update for a Mail app fix.

Reactions: Lucas284

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany

I have also never reported so many bugs like in iOS 13 before. The most of them are still present and they are the same people are writing here. But I already gave it up again.

Reactions: gank41

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
Although it is summer here (25c) my SE started to getting hot since a week ago (after installing ios 13.5.1) i can blame that or the summer...

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Looking for some clarification on updates ...
Pro Max on 13.5 with Auto Updates turned off. - yes I have the update badge :rolleyes:
This morning I had an update fail message on my phone. Apparently my iPhone tried to update automatically to 13.5.1 overnight.
I went into the storage and 13.5.1 showed as downloaded. It took 3 attempts over 15 minutes (5 minutes apart give or take) before the update file was deleted.
My understanding was that with AutoUpdates turned off, iOS would not try to execute a “down time” install. Not sure about downloading the update file.
531D35EE-BAE4-44C3-8B61-135477CCBA5F.jpeg
Is there a setting or something I am missing? The fact it tried to update on its own is concerning.

• Sad
Reactions: katbel

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
Since upgrading to 13.5.1 my 11 Pro has been very laggy at times, particularly with certain apps. Sometimes when I use the camera it will lock the phone up for about 30 seconds.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Since upgrading to 13.5.1 my 11 Pro has been very laggy at times, particularly with certain apps. Sometimes when I use the camera it will lock the phone up for about 30 seconds.

My IPP 11 G2 developed problems when I went from 13.5 to 13.5.1. As a result of Apple no longer signing 13.5, I jumped to 13.6 PB, an improvement, then took the next step and hopped onto 14 PB. In bothe cases it was an improvement over 13.5.1

Not sure why it bonked my 11, but it did.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Ipad air 3 Ios 13.4.1. Should I update 13.5.1?

If you read around you will stay put where you are, since 13.5 battery draining is a disaster

and a few more

Last edited:
Reactions: iphone6smkd

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
My iPad Air 3 has no issue on 13.5.1. But you may stay in 13.4, because I didn’t see major changes/ fixes in 13.5.1. What might be ’slightly’ difference is 13.5.1 is more responsive (a bit), which may be the reason why the battery is not as good as in previous version. But again, the difference is very small.

Reactions: iphone6smkd

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not sure if its iOS 13, but the default apple keyboard looses special characters when in portrait mode..
Noticeably the . (period) would be the same key as ? in landscape.

It's annoying just to have to turn to landscape just to type a . (period) in a password field. eg . Apple mail

(Then again, maybe i'm just slow and finally just released this :) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.