Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I use Thunderbird email on my Macs. I turned off Sort->Threaded which helped issues on my iPhone SE v2 (was problem on previous iPhone8). I no longer have to delete gmail account then re-add it. It seems to correct after a bit now. I think it has to do with how the mail in indexed for viewing. From long ago there was the notorious No Sender gmail bug on the Mail app.

That wasn't just an issue for Gmail. I had the No Sender bug with my iCloud Mail account, too. But, just add it to the list of issues, I guess...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SonaliNCSU

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
I have 2 iphones (1 personal and 1 work). I had setup text message forwarding on both so I can reply on my personal phone. However, since updating to 13.5.1 neither phones are showing up for text message forwarding. I am signed in the same icloud on both phones, and my macbook is showing up on both but my phones are not. How can I fix this?

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I have 2 iphones (1 personal and 1 work). I had setup text message forwarding on both so I can reply on my personal phone. However, since updating to 13.5.1 neither phones are showing up for text message forwarding. I am signed in the same icloud on both phones, and my macbook is showing up on both but my phones are not. How can I fix this?

I do a similar feature but forward to my IPP and SIMless 8+ from my Pro Max.
Only iOS Messages are forwarded. Stock SMS/MMS are not.
This issue existed in 13.5 also and off and on during the beta’s for 13.

Blagojco Vuckovski

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
Hello, i have a iphone11 from 20.12.19
I have used ios13.4.1 long time, and now i updated to ios13.5.1 on 03.06.20.
Before update my battery health have been on 98%. Two days after update dropped on 97% and today on 96% what is happening?

in just 8 days since the update battery health is down 2% how? Please help me!

I am doing the same things as always i dont know what is happening?????

I am trying to charge the phone always when battery is at 30-40% to 80-90%. Background app refresh is allowed for minimum aps (3-4).
Please if u know what is this problem help!

Last edited:

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Anyone have worse battery life when in standby? I usually lose 2-3% in 8-9 hours and now I lose almost 10% on my XS Max.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Anyone have worse battery life when in standby? I usually lose 2-3% in 8-9 hours and now I lose almost 10% on my XS Max.

I'm seeing this as more of an issue with my iPad than my iPhone, but yes.. I could be at 100% on my iPhone 11 Pro Max before bed and I'm seeing my Battery at around 75% by the time I wake up only 6 or so hours later.
[automerge]1591797110[/automerge]
I'm also seeing issues with my S4 Apple Watch not working for System Password Prompts anymore (Filed FB7730732), my Apple Music Library not updating across devices (Filed FB7731226), and am still worried about the weird Storage bug I've seen twice now (Filed FB7711014) where I've got about ½ of my iPhone storage & ½ of my iCloud Storage filled, but am getting warnings about being out of space on my iPhone. Pretty major issues IMO that probably won't get addressed... Or will they?!? Who knows.. Other than seeing "more than 10 people also reporting this issue" on only ONE of the reports I've filed leads me to believe they aren't looking at that stuff anyway. Leading me to assume I'll have to deal with very poor quality software for a while.

Last edited:

Zephyrus87

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2017

Experienced exactly the same after installing 13.5.1: up to 10% drain overnight and overall poor battery life on both my iPhone 11 and iPad Pro 11 2020 (I used to get solid battery life because I keep nothing updating on background and few notifications).
I don't know if is related but among battery usage I get huge Siri impact without using Siri at all.
Tried an hard reset few days ago with no luck, done a second one yesterday and so far the situation seems back to normal (3% drain last night)

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
My iCloud Mail Account on my iPad is showing an email from 12:07am, and my iPhone is showing a different email from 7:04am, both of which I’ve deleted on the web this morning around 6am and were immediately reflected on my MacBook Pro. iPhone & iPad are still both showing “Checking for Mail...” and not updating, either in the All Inboxes folder or in the iCloud Mail inbox folder.

and for those of you tired of hearing about Mail issues, just know that I’m using the Gmail app already for my Gmail accounts now, and I’m using the Outlook app for work. I’d like to keep using my Apple Mail account with the Apple Mail app...

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My iCloud Mail Account on my iPad is showing an email from 12:07am, and my iPhone is showing a different email from 7:04am, both of which I’ve deleted on the web this morning around 6am and were immediately reflected on my MacBook Pro. iPhone & iPad are still both showing “Checking for Mail...” and not updating, either in the All Inboxes folder or in the iCloud Mail inbox folder.

and for those of you tired of hearing about Mail issues, just know that I’m using the Gmail app already for my Gmail accounts now, and I’m using the Outlook app for work. I’d like to keep using my Apple Mail account with the Apple Mail app...
So is it just your iCloud email acct that is having issues? (ie. the others are also in Apple mail app and working ok?) Maybe try and add iCloud acct to outlook client just to see if it works in the other client. Could be issues with iCloud email not necessarily the mail app.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
So is it just your iCloud email acct that is having issues? (ie. the others are also in Apple mail app and working ok?) Maybe try and add iCloud acct to outlook client just to see if it works in the other client. Could be issues with iCloud email not necessarily the mail app.

My other mail accounts work fine in the Mail app, and iCloud Mail seems to work fine in Spark, but there’s a delay there, too, and I don’t like using a 3rd party app other than the big ones like Gmail & Outlook. Spark’s seems to be an issue with the app as opposed to the service itself, though. My main issue is my iCloud Mail account in the Mail app.

Zmaster

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2018

I have horrible battery life in my 6S, not sure if it started with 13.5.1 or earlier than that.

I have tried my country COVID tracing app and the battery life was terrible, so I figured the new iOS contact tracing framework was the culprit.
But now it's disabled and from a full charge the battery completely discharged in about 17h (most of that overnight). That's without actively using the iPhone most of the time. I only check email, look something up in Safari and reply to some WhatsApp stuff. That's it. I can barely see a few dents in the discharge graph, which is otherwise a straight downwards line.

Battery usage stats indicate Siri (40%) and Mail (19%) as the main offenders, but I feel like the problem is something else that the stats don't track and Siri/Mail only get the blame because they're the only tracked apps that got some CPU time (I can't even remember the last time I used Siri on this iPhone).

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My other mail accounts work fine in the Mail app, and iCloud Mail seems to work fine in Spark, but there’s a delay there, too, and I don’t like using a 3rd party app other than the big ones like Gmail & Outlook. Spark’s seems to be an issue with the app as opposed to the service itself, though. My main issue is my iCloud Mail account in the Mail app.
Such ashamed Apples own mail service doesn't work with their own mail app reliably. SMH. Sounds more like the iCloud mail service is the real issue though.

Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Such ashamed Apples own mail service doesn't work with their own mail app reliably. SMH. Sounds more like the iCloud mail service is the real issue though.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking, too. The app itself works fine for other non-Apple mail accounts. That doesn’t explain why it works fine on my MacBook or on the web, though.
[automerge]1592064446[/automerge]

I use Outlook strictly for work. Not going to use it for personal mail, too. The Gmail app works fine with my iCloud mail, if you ignore the delay of using the Gmail app. I’ve tried other 3rd party apps, and I just don’t trust ‘em.

Reactions: sbailey4

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking, too. The app itself works fine for other non-Apple mail accounts. That doesn’t explain why it works fine on my MacBook or on the web, though.
[automerge]1592064446[/automerge]

I use Outlook strictly for work. Not going to use it for personal mail, too. The Gmail app works fine with my iCloud mail, if you ignore the delay of using the Gmail app. I’ve tried other 3rd party apps, and I just don’t trust ‘em.

I will say that Mail issues are far beyond just an issue with iCloud email.
I have filed enough bugs on these ...
You are so right ... It is amazing how it seems to work for all else except iOS.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018

I just cant use the Gmail app as much as I try. I use All Mail/Sent/Trash all the time to find stuff since I have 5-6 accounts and run a few businesses from my phone. Or I have filters set to mark certain senders as read and move to archive as I dont need to be notified like regular mail to read that. But Id like to be able to find it later

I just dont have the time to try to figure out what account it came from to switch accounts to go searching. I cant figure out why the Gmail app only allows inboxes to be combined and displayed from multiple accounts. I knw they love their searching, but its ridiculously bad usability.

Of course there is other stuff like iPad split screen etc still missing but I dont use an iPad (yet at least).

Outlook to me is just a far far superior app. The one caveat being gmail can do send later which Outlook cant yet. But Ive never been one to want to use 2 apps for email and split personal and business anyway.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Great.. Just came back to my desk to see that my iPad’s Magic Keyboard backlight was on! Which means it’s been on since this morning some time, maybe 12 hours? Explains why my iPad battery went from 100% down to 26%. Amazing how just pulling the iPad off the case and putting it back on “fixes” that one..

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Its Already well known issue. Unless I really have to, I didn’t consider apple mail app in iOS 13.x.

cola79

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
I think i found a bug when using a mouse on the ipad. Before i could click on the screen and pull, for example if i wanted to to to the next picture in the gallery, or when i wanted to go to the previous page in Safari.

This does not work anymore, it simply does not grab the picture or site, so i can't slide it.

Zmaster

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2018
For anyone interested, I've found that Bluetooth is draining the battery on my iPhone 6s:

BluetoothOn.png
BluetoothOff.png
Bluetooth ONBluetooth OFF

My guess is that this has something to do with the COVID contact tracing, however in the left screenshot it was already disabled.
To clarify, I disabled Bluetooth from Settings > Bluetooth, not from Control Center as that only disables incoming connections.

Edit: it started draining the battery again while Bluetooth was off, so it's not as simple as that. Rebooting seems to fix until it goes wrong again.
Also, it's not connecting to the mobile network now. The same happened about a week ago, so it might be another issue. That's really annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: gank41 and Jxdawg

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
For anyone interested, I've found that Bluetooth is draining the battery on my iPhone 6s:

My guess is that this has something to do with the COVID contact tracing, however in the left screenshot it was already disabled.
To clarify, I disabled Bluetooth from Settings > Bluetooth, not from Control Center as that only disables incoming connections.

I imagine your experience using the contact tracing app is similar to users who use the Apple Research App. Due to the nature of the data collection (as you noted, Bluetooth) it requires constant background usage. I tried using the research app, but it drained my watch and phone fairly quickly, probably about an extra 20%.

Zmaster

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2018
I imagine your experience using the contact tracing app is similar to users who use the Apple Research App. Due to the nature of the data collection (as you noted, Bluetooth) it requires constant background usage. I tried using the research app, but it drained my watch and phone fairly quickly, probably about an extra 20%.

My best guess is that it's a bug that leaves the contact tracing stuff running even when you have disabled it in Settings. Perhaps it's only collecting data instead of collecting+broadcasting. Or keeping the device awake for no reason. The point is, the battery drain should be the same as in previous iOS versions if you have not enabled new features.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Its Already well known issue. Unless I really have to, I didn’t consider apple mail app in iOS 13.x.
Well to be clear, I don't have any issues with the mail app. I use gmail, outlook.com and office 365 email and all three work fine on stock mail app. Seems the issue is with iCloud email service (and Office 365 for some users)

me22

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I can't seem to make any phone calls on my 7 after updating. A friend can't on either of his two phones, and another friend is not getting through to iPhone users even though she hasn't updated here own phone. These are the first two people I tried, so I'm guessing that there must be others. Seems like an issue.

On T-Mobile here. FaceTime audio works fine.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Well to be clear, I don't have any issues with the mail app. I use gmail, outlook.com and office 365 email and all three work fine on stock mail app. Seems the issue is with iCloud email service (and Office 365 for some users)
You are lucky. I didn’t specific on your issues. In general, problens in mail on 13.x has been long discussed, issues are intermittent. Check this and some other threads in this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.