Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BR3W3R

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone else phone just been slow? Networking seems slow and apps seem buggy.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Anyone else phone just been slow? Networking seems slow and apps seem buggy.
Only thing that I have noticed is that when using outlook to send email it takes around 5 to 7 seconds to send even if the email is only one word. Everything else seems normal. I thought that I was having problems with my network at work, but it's like that everywhere. No buggy apps though.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Only thing that I have noticed is that when using outlook to send email it takes around 5 to 7 seconds to send even if the email is only one word. Everything else seems normal. I thought that I was having problems with my network at work, but it's like that everywhere. No buggy apps though.

I think that's Outlook's "processing". Outlook on a PC is even worse, particularly if you have a bunch of sub folders syncing with every send/receive.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Mine won’t do any. Just says “oh oh” and the usual crap it comes out with. Hopefully it’s just an issue with this release. Am pretty sure it worked on the previous beta.

I have a scene that turns off my Hue under-cabinet lighting and turns in the lamp by my bed each night. That has worked fine throughout.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I think that's Outlook's "processing". Outlook on a PC is even worse, particularly if you have a bunch of sub folders syncing with every send/receive.
I have been using it as my main email client on the iPhone for several years now, it's not been like this until these last few betas. It's just sending a email that's slow. It's not a deal breaker -it's only a few seconds. but it's slower than before. Could be a bug in Outlook- that wouldn't be a surprise!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I have a scene that turns off my Hue under-cabinet lighting and turns in the lamp by my bed each night. That has worked fine throughout.

Just tried again and no joy. I could bitch slap the stupid fooker!

Edit: tried again 2 mins later and it works again (for now). Convinced it’s a beta issue.

Edit 2: stops working again after a few minutes. Comes up with the usual crap and does nothing. Then I say it again and it works! PoS. There seems to be a time-out issue.

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
So I’m running into this issue with both 13.4.1 and 13.5 beta 4. This is on my iPhone 8:

If I restart my phone (or it’ll happen randomly without a restart), I will press against the edge of my screen to use 3D Touch app switcher. When I do this, it will only allow me to do the app switch for the last app I used but it will not “pop” into the actual app switcher with multiple apps.

If I let go, press again, and then press firmer again 3D Touch brings up the actual app switcher like I wanted.

I am trying to determine if this is a hardware issue or software. I suspect software because it happens consistently, 10/10 with the restart. Anyone else have this issue or provide any insight how to fix? Hard wipe did not fix it and it still happens.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Is anyone else having a problem with not being able to verify an American Express card for Apple Pay on an iPhone with 13.5 public beta installed?
Was having an issue verifying Payment Info period. Had to turn off Wi-Fi. Was doing the same on iTunes, and I had to turn on my hotspot and use it to fix. What does it have against some Wi-Fi. Is there a setting on the router that fixes it; although, I haven't made any changes for it to suddenly not like it?

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Was having an issue verifying Payment Info period. Had to turn off Wi-Fi. Was doing the same on iTunes, and I had to turn on my hotspot and use it to fix. What does it have against some Wi-Fi. Is there a setting on the router that fixes it; although, I haven't made any changes for it to suddenly not like it?

That has been an issue for me with this beta. I have run into a couple of issues where I had to turn off wifi while out and about to make it work right. Hit or miss ...

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I have been having a new issue where trying to attach photos is super delayed.
Two things that *might* be happening here. First, you're attaching the photo immediately after it's been taken, maybe while it's still writing the sensor data to memory. Second, it'll convert HEIC to JPG to attach to the message which also takes time.

Was it better in previous betas?

BR3W3R

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2016
Two things that *might* be happening here. First, you're attaching the photo immediately after it's been taken, maybe while it's still writing the sensor data to memory. Second, it'll convert HEIC to JPG to attach to the message which also takes time.

Was it better in previous betas?
Guess I never noticed, if I turn on night mode, it doesnt do it, same if I switch over to front facing camera, also if I take a photo outside it doesnt do it. Seems to be doing some sort or processing. Work iPhone XR doesnt do it at all however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.