Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I’ve just received an email from Apple saying this build may fix the issue where long pressing on settings and tapping Bluetooth didn’t work.
I’m not running this build at the moment, could someone please test?
Thankyou!
I think it was fixed with 13.4.1 already

Reactions: adrianlondon

Obagleyfreer

macrumors member
May 9, 2016
New Zealand
I’m having a strange bug in iOS 13.4.1 suddenly on my SE 2020. If I use the pull down search as I have for years, despite all my Siri and Search suggestions, including every app toggled to off, I’m still having my contacts and various other things appear here? It’s also taking a couple seconds for the menu to appear with “search the web” button. So frustrating! I’ve tried toggling switches on and off, rebooting etc. Is this a known bug?

ian6969

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2019
I’ve been having Siri issues and I’m NOT on the beta, so maybe it’s not related? My iPhone X often isn’t responding to “hey Siri”, and doesn’t seem as good at actually understanding me. Maybe some server side changes? Although I’m not sure why that would affect the Hey Siri trigger?

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Same experience here from my side. I have the feeling it's getting worse from day to day.

Yes, it's getting warm. Not hot, but noticeable warm.
Same here. Gets REALLY warm on a Qi charging stand, but also gets warm when using a lightning cable. Just had it plugged in for 6 hours overnight and it only went from @54% to 80%.
I don’t use optimized charging so it shouldn’t be that (unless it’s somehow enabled despite the toggle being off)

UPDATE: The most common & oft effective diagnostic technique known to man seems to have resolved the charging and heating issue (for now)- a hard reboot. ??‍♂️

Last edited:

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
ant txt android issue, lets get back to my problem lol
Your issue does not sound related to beta and in my opinion sounds like an issue with your father’s phone, not yours. Try posting somewhere besides this thread for help.

Reactions: gwhizkids

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’m having a strange bug in iOS 13.4.1 suddenly on my SE 2020. If I use the pull down search as I have for years, despite all my Siri and Search suggestions, including every app toggled to off, I’m still having my contacts and various other things appear here? It’s also taking a couple seconds for the menu to appear with “search the web” button. So frustrating! I’ve tried toggling switches on and off, rebooting etc. Is this a known bug?

This is a thread about iOS 13.5 beta 4. There is another thread about 13.4.1. I would redirect your question there.

Reactions: Obagleyfreer

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’ve been having Siri issues and I’m NOT on the beta, so maybe it’s not related? My iPhone X often isn’t responding to “hey Siri”, and doesn’t seem as good at actually understanding me. Maybe some server side changes? Although I’m not sure why that would affect the Hey Siri trigger?

This is a thread about the beta. I would redirect your question to the thread about whatever version you are using.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Pro Max - PB3
In the last three days I have been seeing a number of full screen freezes across quite a few app.
Looking at the corresponding Jetsam events I am seeing these freezes tied to apps that are known heavy RAM users or Safari tabs.
This has been happening just since the 10th ...

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
Is anyone else having a problem with not being able to verify an American Express card for Apple Pay on an iPhone with 13.5 public beta installed?

Reactions: compwiz1202

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
Anyone running the beta on their phone experiencing reliability issues with their Homepod? My Homepod takes a while to respond on the easiest of queries (What time is it? What’s the temperature outside?). Sometime it won’t respond, altogether. I’ve tried to reset the Homepods and they were fixed for a few minutes and went back to acting buggy. Didn’t know if it had something to do with the public beta on my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: maugustine

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Anyone running the bets on their phone experiencing reliability issues with their Homepod? My Homepod takes a while to respond on the easiest of queries (What time is it? What’s the temperature outside?). Sometime it won’t respond, altogether. I’ve tried to reset the Homepods and they were fixed for a few minutes and went back to acting buggy. Didn’t know if it had something to do with the public beta on my phone.

Yup Siri on the HomePod is more useless than normal. I didn’t think that was possible. Truly one of the biggest POS to come from Apple!

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
I don’t recall exactly which beta it was where this became an issue, maybe beta 3 or 4, but name recognition when using Siri to call or text people has been atrocious. I rarely used to have issues with it getting the wrong name but now there are a handful of people that Siri constantly gets wrong. It’s really annoying.

Reactions: dk001

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
I also noticed that Siri has been pretty nonresponsive through my AirPods but that could be because I'm wearing often wearing a mask outside while running.

ian6969

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2019
This is a thread about the beta. I would redirect your question to the thread about whatever version you are using.
Not a question. I was pointing out that Siri - in my experience - has been responding unreliably in the most recent general iOS release, so possibly these Siri issues aren’t related to the beta.

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
As much as I’ve said Siri is unresponsive, in other times in the last week or so, when I’m clearly not saying “Siri” or “Hey Siri”, my Homepod will say “uh hmm” or “I’m listening”, as if she thinks that I’ve called upon her for a question. Also, last night, when I had one Airpod in and connected to my laptop, a similar thing happened with Siri through MacOS with words that sounded nothing like “Hey Siri”. Very, very, very strange.

Reactions: dk001

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
The worst thing at the moment for HomePod and siri is controlling any HomeKit...it never works. But it’s perfect on the phone using Siri

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
As much as I’ve said Siri is unresponsive, in other times in the last week or so, when I’m clearly not saying “Siri” or “Hey Siri”, my Homepod will say “uh hmm” or “I’m listening”, as if she thinks that I’ve called upon her for a question. Also, last night, when I had one Airpod in and connected to my laptop, a similar thing happened with Siri through MacOS with words that sounded nothing like “Hey Siri”. Very, very, very strange.

I was on a call on speakerphone when Siri asked me if I wanted to send that contact.
My other half and I both said something inappropriate for the interuption.

No idea what triggered it.

Pro Max PB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.