Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
No issues with FaceID unlocking here unless have a mask on then its awesome to not have to wait. However I am showing 1h 32 min (32%) of "Wallet usage" in battery today and have not had wallet opened or even used it at all. All of it onscreen time too!! Of course took a battery hit ,I assume because of Wallet. Nothing else standing out. Just rebooted device to see if that will clear it up.

Ninflu

macrumors regular
No issues with FaceID unlocking here unless have a mask on then its awesome to not have to wait. However I am showing 1h 32 min (32%) of "Wallet usage" in battery today and have not had wallet opened or even used it at all. All of it onscreen time too!! Of course took a battery hit ,I assume because of Wallet. Nothing else standing out. Just rebooted device to see if that will clear it up.

I experienced kind of the same- not with wallet so far. During the night Siri is up a 100% every couple hours and overnight, the battery drops from 100% at 10:49PM to 90% at 8:50AM.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Does someone have problems with this beta and the non beta version of watchOS? I’m not getting notifications on both devices anymore when both are used. I’ve got a very important call and none device notified me.

Reactions: dk001

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
Safari still is a train wreck - freezes quite often

My experience with Safari is that the freezes that I experience are due to irresponsible insertions of a kind of advertising that we do not handle very well.

I've been in touch with the owners of vBulletin (Internet Brands) and they verify that it is due to irresponsible advertising that is inserted through Google services.

If this happens to you while you are on Mac OS, you are just stuck.

However, they've apparently found a way on their biggest Internet Brands vBulletin site to refresh iOS Safari automatically when such a problem is detected.

Unfortunately, this means that you will have lost a little bit of text if your site is not set up to automatically save text. Even if you're set to save text automatically, you might lose a little bit.

But, anyway...I am not sure that the problem you're experiencing is necessarily a problem with iOS Safari.

Reactions: Hans300 and roncron

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Check what for you? I’m not having this issue. Doesn’t seem like anyone else is, either, or maybe someone else would have replied.

I just wanted to know if other people were or were not having the same problem as me using the latest public release on HomePod and the latest developer beta on iPhone.

So to confirm, you can ask your HomePod to make a phone call or send a message to anyone in your contacts and it works using the software versions mentioned above? Thanks.

Reactions: Chazzle

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Does someone have problems with this beta and the non beta version of watchOS? I’m not getting notifications on both devices anymore when both are used. I’ve got a very important call and none device notified me.

Absolutely!
I touched a bit in a previous post.
[automerge]1589037494[/automerge]
Seriously, no one can check this for me?

Don’t have a Homepod ...

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I just wanted to know if other people were or were not having the same problem as me using the latest public release on HomePod and the latest developer beta on iPhone.

So to confirm, you can ask your HomePod to make a phone call or send a message to anyone in your contacts and it works using the software versions mentioned above? Thanks.

Happening to me (can’t find the contact)

Reactions: StumpyBloke

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008

That’s correct, I’ve tried that with an iPhone 11 Pro Max on both iOS 13.4.1 and on 13.5, each beta, and am not having that issue.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

Ninflu

macrumors regular
I needed to reset my iPhone 11 Pro this morning and tried to set it up as a new phone and from backup. It seems the keychain sync is not working, it syncs 45 entries out of 191 and that's it. Did the usual tasks like log out / log in from iCloud, add a new keychain entry on another device- it syncs perfectly to my iPad (iOS 12.1), my iPhone (iOS 12.1) and my Mac- but not to my iPhone 11 with the current beta.

Also weird: i'm trying to disable the keychain sync in the iCloud Settings, the toggle is always jumping back to on. Doesn't matter if i turn it off, it jumps back to on right away.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015

Sorry, don’t check these forums but every few days. To answer your question, YES!

I’ve been having constant issues getting my HomePod to recognize contacts or relationships. It’s random but I would say 95% of the time I will ask it to call or text a contact and the response is “Sorry, I don’t see ***** in you contacts list” or “I don’t know who your wife is but I can help you set relationships on your iPhone.”
I’ve tried all manner of troubleshooting and just cannot get it to work.

The HomePod is new and I did the initial setup while on 13.4.5 beta so not sure if that is the issue.

Out of curiosity, have you wiped and re-setup your HomePod while on these last few betas? If so, did the issues you are seeing start before or after? Lemme know as I’d like to know if it’s related to iOS beta or not.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Sorry, don’t check these forums but every few days. To answer your question, YES!

I’ve been having constant issues getting my HomePod to recognize contacts or relationships. It’s random but I would say 95% of the time I will ask it to call or text a contact and the response is “Sorry, I don’t see ***** in you contacts list” or “I don’t know who your wife is but I can help you set relationships on your iPhone.”
I’ve tried all manner of troubleshooting and just cannot get it to work.

The HomePod is new and I did the initial setup while on 13.4.5 beta so not sure if that is the issue.

Out of curiosity, have you wiped and re-setup your HomePod while on these last few betas? If so, did the issues you are seeing start before or after? Lemme know as I’d like to know if it’s related to iOS beta or not.

Hey. Thanks for your reply. Yes I fully reset my HomePod and it made no difference of course. I don’t know if this issue happened or existed for me before the latest beta update to be honest. I only found out about this problem because I genuinely wanted to send a message to somebody and I thought I would do it through HomePod. I’m just hoping that it is a beta issue rather than a more serious issue. I guess we’ll find out in the next couple of weeks?...

Reactions: Chazzle

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Running into a new-ish issue this morning.
PM PB3
Safari - some links in articles are failing. If I cut/paste the link in a new tab it works fine.
Going to play around a bit and see if I can further narrow this ...

Hans300

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2017
same here. i wouldn't say "quite often" in my case, but fairly often, enough to make me think something is wrong.

I have to say i use AdGuard.

The freezes happen especially when zooming pictures in google search and in YouTube comment section when liking and commenting.

BR3W3R

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2016
Had issues today trying to enable speaker phone once I received a call, phone was sitting flat, looked like I turned on speaker after clicking it but never changed to speaker, clicked it again and phone went dark like I put it up to my ear and kept repeating as I tried to click speaker phone again.

anyone else been havingweird issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.