Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Miska82

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2014
Noticed that when you put dark mode on and at least one of the new wallpapers there is nice animation when you wake the screen. The lights turn on in a wave of sorts.

Reactions: Wide opeN

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
Noticed that when you put dark mode on and at least one of the new wallpapers there is nice animation when you wake the screen. The lights turn on in a wave of sorts.
Not new. The animation starts at the brighter spots on a wallpaper. Try it with a 50/50 black/white wallpaper and see it for yourself, then turn that wallpaper upside down and try the same

It would be nice if the animation starts on the spot where you tapped on the screen to wake it (tap to wake)

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
a couple new features I didn't see documented:
1- When taking a photo of a document that contains a URL, you now get a popup asking you if you want to load the URL in Safari
2- When walking into the Apple Store w/ iOS 13, a new pop up appears asking you to open a new profile page listing all your devices, appointments and past purchases.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
a couple new features I didn't see documented:
1- When taking a photo of a document that contains a URL, you now get a popup asking you if you want to load the URL in Safari
2- When walking into the Apple Store w/ iOS 13, a new pop up appears asking you to open a new profile page listing all your devices, appointments and past purchases.
Can you add to the "Little Things" thread? That's where we're trying to capture these sorts of things.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
View attachment 842205 View attachment 842204 View attachment 842206

I just noticed when you haptic touch
AA on Safari, you can quickly enable reader dark mode (like on this thread). Safari will let you know whenever a certain page has a reader view. Also, like the new notes from developer after installing a beta app to let you know changes to test.

Is this specific to iPhone X+? I am not seeing this behaviour on my 8. Also, there is no reader mode for me on these forums (on my 8).
[doublepost=1560529102][/doublepost]
Is this specific to iPhone X+? I am not seeing this behaviour on my 8. Also, there is no reader mode for me on these forums (on my 8).

Well. Buggy.

After I posted this, it seemed to work. (facepalm)
[doublepost=1560529187][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1560529102][/doublepost]

Well. Buggy.

After I posted this, it seemed to work. (facepalm)

Uh, Incredibly buggy. Reader Mode is available only on page 1 of this thread for me. Reliably. However, sometimes, it is even available on this page, after multiple tries. Anyone else please check and give feedback?

trikotret

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2015
Anyone having problems with sending giffs? My giffs have motion in then in photo app but when I text it, they get sent as an image. No movement.

liquidnonsense

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Rhode Island, USA
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Siri has some multiple personality disorder in CarPlay navigation. Specifically, turn-by-turn navigation often switches to a noticeably older version of the Siri voice, which I'm assuming is a bug. Her first sentence "Starting route to _____" uses the new Siri voice, but seconds later, as soon as that first direction hits, suddenly it's like iPhone 4S Siri came back to life. Weird that they're both still around.

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

shad0whawk

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything on this topic so far. I've installed this beta on two devices to test and both have issues installing and/or running a VPN under the Personal section. A VPN that belongs in this section won't install correctly. It open the settings app, but it's the wrong section so the profile won't install. If the profile is already installed, it has trouble connecting and won't make the connection.

Well I resolved both issues but it took a moment. I had to manually navigate to Settings > General > VPN, switch back to the VPN application, and then retry installing the profile. That seemed to do the trick for the installation issue. The connectivity issue was resolved by resetting the other VPN application.

Last edited:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Not sure if this is new. If you long press anywhere in the music app, whether it be an album, artist, or playlist, there’s a “play next” option in the pop up menu.

Edit: Actually not new, but it’s new to me lol. I’ll be using that feature.

Reactions: gwhizkids

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Interesting, if I hit the box after ‘this!’ My safari crashes... is this a link?
For the curiosity, that box is just a broken Tapatalk emoji.
[doublepost=1560569690][/doublepost]
Guys, I'm having a couple of questions about downgrading.
I decided to do so, googled the instructions and got confused because there are two methods:
  1. Downgrade iPhone using the recovery mode
  2. Downgrade iPhone using a downloaded IPSW of iOS 12.3.1. and option + update
Which is better?

And the second question: I have an Apple Watch on watchOS 5.whatevertheversion paired to an iPhone with iOS 13 on it. Should I unpair my Watch if I'm using the 1st method? Is the 1st method even possible to perform?
Either way is ok. The second method gives you the chance to retain as much data on your iPhone as possible, but it has a chance to render iOS 12.3.1 buggier than usual because of, Idk, config files, setting files or something like that. If I were you, I would just go a DFU restore and recover my data from backup.

Regarding unpair issue, yes, usually you should unpair your Apple Watch so that related data can be transferred to your iPhone. But, in this downgrade to iOS 12 case, I’d say it does not matter whether the watch is paired or not, as iOS 12 cannot read iOS 13 health data anyway.

Curtricias

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2019
Kortessem - Belgium
Last week i tried a few times to install iOS 13 on my Xs max. I use 3utools because I only have a windows pc.

First attempt:

Came from 12.4 beta 3. Restored my data after install. Within the the first few hours everything solid and hardly any problems. But then soft reboots every few minutes.
Then rolled back to 12.3.1

Second attempt:

From 12.3.1. Wiped my phone also to start from scratch. Set up my phone and installed a few apps. Then the next installed beta 13 and recovered data. Same story as first attempt. Rolled back to 12.3.1

Third attempt: not yet...

Bugs:

WiFi unstable.
Calls over 4g not working.
Some apps not working.

Miska82

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2014
Used 3utools as well for my Xs max. So far few soft resets but nothing too bad. And those soft resets I only see as I take phone from my pocket that it requires password after reset.
Apps works fine here.
Calls works fine here as well. So far that is.

Reactions: Curtricias

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
When on a website here in the uk say mobiles.co.uk I have to upload evidence of my bill for my cash-back, when you click add files to say send a screenshot of my bill it crashes every time

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
Anyone having problems with sending giffs? My giffs have motion in then in photo app but when I text it, they get sent as an image. No movement.
I've had that issue
[doublepost=1560640454][/doublepost]
For the curiosity, that box is just a broken Tapatalk emoji.
[doublepost=1560569690][/doublepost]
If I were you, I would just go a DFU restore and recover my data from backup.
The first method didn't work out, iPhone showed me the "Restore" screen.

iLuk45z

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2017
Swansea
Any one got information in messages at the bottom “Messages in iCloud is currently disabled” and have a solution to fix it?

sergekills

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia
Already completed :)
To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed in the first beta of iOS 13. Yeah, I know, it's beta and all of the stuff, I just remember when I installed the first developer beta also of iOS 12 and it was like the whole new world, my iPhone wasn't performing like that out of the box.
iOS 13 was full of little bugs that annoyed to me to death.

Reactions: ya1950

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed in the first beta of iOS 13. Yeah, I know, it's beta and all of the stuff, I just remember when I installed the first developer beta also of iOS 12 and it was like the whole new world, my iPhone wasn't performing like that out of the box.

Well IOS12 left out a lot of "major features" to speed up performance on all devices, so it would be expected that those betas made your device feel snappier from beta 1. IOS13 adds a lot more features to the OS and will take 3-4 betas before many of the bugs are ironed out and performance is back to where it was on IOS 12.

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
Lol. Going to bed with ~20% and on the charger. Woke up with 5% and charging

Attachments

• D7D65290-6CBB-453F-BFCA-F20E356B6F4E.jpeg
    D7D65290-6CBB-453F-BFCA-F20E356B6F4E.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 268

Iosfan85

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi, in iOS 13 we got this new feature in privacy where we can allow an app your location only once, never and ask next time. I noticed this also is for weather, so the weather is no longer having the always option? After I installed the beta i think I saw the "always" option for weather but not now. So the last couple of days i have lost my weather info on the lock screen every morning. Anyone else have the issue? And is there any way to set the location to always on for weather after this update?

smartmiller

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2015
Berlin

Comment ... This is a dev beta!!! Not for making you happy!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.