Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
- The Control Center is an ugly mess. That whole area needs to be reworked.
- Get rid of the transparencies.
- Show notification dots on each app icon in folders.
- Let US decide what Albums we want in the Gallery. Stop making up albums that we don't want. Also, let us decide which page to display first.
- The same with the Music app. Let us display which page to start from every time we open the app.
- The clock icon needs to be changed so the outer part of the icon isn't black. It doesn't match the rest of the icons when you have a dark background -- makes it look like a round icon.
- Allow more columns of icons on the larger devices and allow 5 icons on the dock.
- Rework the App Store. It's hard to find anything in there and there are no longer categories. The Android Play Store is MUCH easier to learn and navigate.

Go back to the original iPhone OS and put back some of the features that used to make iOS stand out. Stop making it overly complicated and cluttered.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
What about a "friend mode" for photos or messages or whatever. Select the items you want your friend to see prior to handing them your device. They can only see what you selected. Once you look at the phone again it will unlock everything.

Reactions: AnthonyG6

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What about a "friend mode" for photos or messages or whatever. Select the items you want your friend to see prior to handing them your device. They can only see what you selected. Once you look at the phone again it will unlock everything.
Kind of like Guided Access?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Same wishes as in the iOS 8,9,10,11,12 wishlist.
Guys, give it up... :)
Fairly sure that some things have gotten addressed in one way or another over the years for at least for some people.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Kind of like Guided Access?
Kind of, yes but not exactly. As I said, allow me to select the items I want them to see. Guided Access is limited to keeping within the app and if you like blocking part of the screen but in photos this is not super handy. With the feature on you can still scroll through and look at all photos unless you turn off touch but then you limit to thumbnails. At that point you might as well control the phone or AirDrop the photos. Guided Access is best for locking kids into the app they're on.

Reactions: iRich____

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I would like the missing iOS iPhone apps to finally make their way to the iPad. (Weather, Health, Activity, Phone, and Calculator). The inclusion of Stocks and Voice Memos last year makes it seem like they might be coming. I hope a Weather app adds severe weather alerts and radar, and that a Phone app gives access to voicemails. That’d be really helpful.

Other than that, I’d like to see all live tv channel streams (from PlayStation Vue etc) integrated directly into the tv app so you don’t have to open another app to view the channel. All channels should be included this way, not just news and sports.

I’d like all devices to show in the Widget app (ie my phones battery to display on my iPad, etc) as well as all devices show in Now Playing (so I can pause something playing on my iPhone from my iPad, for example).

I’d like the Clock apps to be kept in sync so that a timer or reminder started on one goes off on, and can be dismissed from, all devices.

Finally, in Notes, I’d like the ability to lock entire folders as well as sort folders by date created and date modified.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I would love for Siri to get smarter when it comes to sports. I’d like to ask something like “how many career home runs does Manny Machado have at Yankee Stadium?” and get an answer.

You can't google that? Wow that our society has become. Smh

All I want is for Apple to restore the ios 6 look and/or give us a "classic" theme throughout the entire UI. 6 years AND COUNTING and I continue to hate this iOS 7+ (flat design) more each day!

Reactions: Jstuts5797 and Feyl

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA

All I want is for Apple to restore the ios 6 look and/or give us a "classic" theme throughout the entire UI. 6 years AND COUNTING and I continue to hate this iOS 7+ (flat design) more each day!

The flat design would be ok without all the translucent background levels.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
  • A way to disable the 10%, 5%, etc low battery alerts to be banner alerts that don't interrupt what you're doing. I hate the current ones so much.
  • Not have volume changes display that hideous UI in the middle of the screen.
  • Incoming calls not take over what you were doing.
  • In carplay if I'm running an app and switch to reverse my rear camera takes over the display. When I shift to drive carplay comes back and displays the music app, even if I wasn't playing music. So annoying.
  • Selecting text that has been underlined with blue dots is so hit and miss for me. Should be improved.
  • That incoming call screening that Google implemented would be wonderful.
  • With so much screen real estate it seems crazy that each page of folders shows such a small number of apps.
  • If a low number of people are in a group facetime call have the option to lock each person into a window of the same size.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
  • Fix home button delay
  • Smaller notifications option, like an icon-only mode instead of full banners that obscure too much of the screen.
  • Left and right-handed switch option in Settings that lets apps see whether you prefer UI buttons on the right or left. So many apps (including Apple’s) have poor button placement that never changed when the phones got larger. Even with reachability it’s hard to reach the opposite corner on a Plus/Max-sized device, yet many apps insist on putting vital controls on the top rather than the bottom and even the top-left which is infuriating for right-handed users.
  • Incoming calls not take over what you were doing. ^ This!
  • FIX TEXT SELECTION!!! It shouldn’t be that hard!
  • Allow greater than 150 MB app and app updates over mobile/cellular.
  • Allow iOS updates to be downloaded over cellular!
I just want to know where they got the idea in 2013 that "flat" is the future. It looks absolutely horrible and gives me a headache all these years later.

Pretty sure it was a trend largely kicked of or embraced by Microsoft and Apple followed suit (i.e. copied). Yeah, Apple used to be leaders in UI.

Last edited:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY

Sure, might as well remove Siri altogether because you can “just google” everything it does.

You can just google images of iOS 6 for that nostalgia feeling :)

vpr611

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
- Messages hub (1 app for you to respond to all your messaging platforms: iMessage, text, fb messenger, whatsapp and whatever else is out there these days, rather than going into each app to respond to messages)

- MessageKit would be ideal. This is a feature that I had wished they would implemented ever since CallKt was introduced. I would also like CallKit to be cleaned up a little bit too.

- Connection Type by App, would love to force all my financial apps to use LTE even when connected to WiFi, while allowing some streaming apps to use WiFi when bit options are available. VPN support should be included too.

- Multi User Support, the ability to use the iPad/AppleTV in a shared environment

- Siri in the Cloud, move more towards an Amazon style approach with ability to link services in the cloud rather than on device (similar to Amazon Alexa)

Last edited:

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Sure, might as well remove Siri altogether because you can “just google” everything it does.

You can just google images of iOS 6 for that nostalgia feeling :)

I would actually be okay with removing Siri, as it still works the same as it did on the iPhone 4S running iOS 5. Its a joke and anyone who relies on it has no creditability in my book.

Ebok

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2018
I would actually be okay with removing Siri, as it still works the same as it did on the iPhone 4S running iOS 5. Its a joke and anyone who relies on it has no creditability in my book.

I use Siri to set alarms, DND and ask for weather info.

On rare occasion I’ll ask it tougher questions that it usually understands.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

Judge much?

It’s terrible for answering questions but useful for setting reminders, getting the weather, etc.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
There's just ONE gigantic flaw in iOS that I'd like fixed (which will never happen). Easy text selection on websites.
It's been a frustrating joke since forever. Holy crap. Miserable experience. How do Apple executives put up with it?

Reactions: Jstuts5797

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
- The Control Center is an ugly mess. That whole area needs to be reworked.
- Get rid of the transparencies.
- Show notification dots on each app icon in folders.
- Let US decide what Albums we want in the Gallery. Stop making up albums that we don't want. Also, let us decide which page to display first.
- The same with the Music app. Let us display which page to start from every time we open the app.
- The clock icon needs to be changed so the outer part of the icon isn't black. It doesn't match the rest of the icons when you have a dark background -- makes it look like a round icon.
- Allow more columns of icons on the larger devices and allow 5 icons on the dock.
- Rework the App Store. It's hard to find anything in there and there are no longer categories. The Android Play Store is MUCH easier to learn and navigate.

Go back to the original iPhone OS and put back some of the features that used to make iOS stand out. Stop making it overly complicated and cluttered.
At least if you search for an app in the store it actually lists it. Before I had to use google to get a link to an app in the app store.
[doublepost=1546354600][/doublepost]
There's just ONE gigantic flaw in iOS that I'd like fixed (which will never happen). Easy text selection on websites.
It's been a frustrating joke since forever. Holy crap. Miserable experience. How do Apple executives put up with it?
They broke it. Pretty sure it used to work in ios7, 8?
[doublepost=1546355007][/doublepost]
I would like the missing iOS iPhone apps to finally make their way to the iPad. (Weather, Health, Activity, Phone, and Calculator). The inclusion of Stocks and Voice Memos last year makes it seem like they might be coming. I hope a Weather app adds severe weather alerts and radar, and that a Phone app gives access to voicemails. That’d be really helpful.
If health is avaiable on the ipad (especially non lte) then the watch might be made available without requiring an iphone, which would make me happy. Especially if the watch were a stand alone lte model without a shared phone number.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: multiple Do Not Disturb profiles/schedules, so I can have one schedule for the weekday and one for the weekend. I would be forever in the debt of Craig et. al. if this (IMHO trivial) improvement was implemented.

PLEASE implement this.
From what I understand you can accomplish something along those lines using the Bedtime options (which include DND) in the Clock app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.