Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
This is literally the "y u mad bro" of this thread. Not having anything worthwhile to say and instead questioning the motives of the person you're responding to isn't a convincing argument.
There’s nothing else to question. He’s invented some pathetic persecution complex because Apple has a numbered list of voices. His claim that other people are offended is pure projection.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
I still like the voice 4. I think young female voices have the most clarity when using it to text-to-speech lengthy articles. This is also true for audiobooks. The voice 2 is an old female voice, which sounds kinda loose and duck like.

But, the thing is, we are all biased because the first voice we hear as a human were probably a young female’s voice, so we are neurology prewired to decipher that voice most clearly, and we attach a lot of good assumptions to that familiarity.

Reactions: insomniac86 and avz

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I still like the voice 4. I think young female voices have the most clarity when using it to text-to-speech lengthy articles. This is also true for audiobooks. The voice 2 is an old female voice, which sounds kinda loose and duck like.

But, the thing is, we are all biased because the first voice we hear as a human were probably a young female’s voice, so we are neurology prewired to decipher that voice most clearly, and we attach a lot of good assumptions to that familiarity.
Yes, I believe we are hardwired to be on alert to “intruder”, “stranger” as he is not likely to bring anything good. Male voice is much more intimidating.

Reactions: 0924487
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.