Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I just discovered that swiping left on a locked iPhone no longer opens the Camera app. It's now a tiny icon that you press at the bottom right, opposite the flashlight icon. That frustrated the heck out of me until I noticed the icon. They should make it a bit larger.

The little camera icon way of opening the camera has been there for at least 4-5 years, along side the swipe from left to right method. The latter is less discoverable which may explain the icon. I just tried the swipe method on my 13 Pro Max on the 15.1 beta and, like the others who have reported, it works just fine.

the3ye

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
Has anyone noticed that since iOS 15.0 the volume knob on the lockscreen doesn't work with airplay during playback? When I try to change the volume, it goes down 0 and the knob is unresponsive. I have to use buttons or click on a "volume bar" to have it I updated to 15.1 and the problem is still there. Tried on iPhone 11 on 15.1 iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15.02. It's not happening on iPad mini 4 running iPadOS 15.1 beta. It's OK when I'm playing music, etc. on device...

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Has anyone noticed that since iOS 15.0 the volume knob on the lockscreen doesn't work with airplay during playback? When I try to change the volume, it goes down 0 and the knob is unresponsive. I have to use buttons or click on a "volume bar" to have it I updated to 15.1 and the problem is still there. Tried on iPhone 11 on 15.1 iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15.02. It's not happening on iPad mini 4 running iPadOS 15.1 beta. It's OK when I'm playing music, etc. on device...
Working fine for me, since 15.0.

Also, this isn’t thread about bugs, so not the appropriate place. Would be better in the 15.1 bug fixes & changes thread pinned to the top of the forum.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
QR code reading in iOS 15: is this new?

I don't remember being able to read a QR code from a photo or a screenshot before. Is this new? I just discovered that the other day by mistake. I had a picture on my camera roll with a QR code and after a long press, iOS prompted me with the content of that code. Is this related to the Live Text feature?

Before iOS 15 I'm pretty sure the only way to read QR codes was straight from the camera in live.

Last edited:
Reactions: nortonandreev

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

I don't remember being able to read a QR code from a photo or a screenshot before. Is this new? I just discovered that the other day by mistake. I had a picture on my camera roll with a QR code and after a long press, iOS prompted me with the content of that code. Is this related to the Live Text feature?

Before iOS 15 I'm pretty sure the only way to read QR codes was straight from the camera in live.

View attachment 1916275

Yes. I think this is new with the Live Text feature.

miq

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2020
Are the Lock Screen media controls still unnecessarily large/ugly and take over half the screen?

miq

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2020

View attachment 1916275
Nope! I recall being able to tap-and-hold a photo of a QR code in ios14 and activate the associated link.

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
Are the Lock Screen media controls still unnecessarily large/ugly and take over half the screen?
This is what it looks like in iOS 16! Notifications come in below that, and push the player up some.
2E025F47-F0FE-424B-8C4F-F7A18C4AB8C4.png

Lampekap

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2021
Does iOS 15 on an iPhone 6s still provide haptic feedback? I know 3d touch is no longer in iOS 15, but there is haptic feedback on newer iPhones when longpressing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.