Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
3 dots usually indicate a More menu with additional options or settings. If you could be more specific, we can provide more detail.
AHHaa!
those dots indicate if i wannas "Double App" of switch to another
(but didn't we- can we just tap the bottom app bar instead?)
Oh well, this might come in handy down the road.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
A few hours ago I clicked on "Do not suggest photos" and a few minutes ago there is a fitness widget in my stack. I don´t see where you can turn off suggestions in general.
When you press your widget stack, then click “edit stack”. There is a button in the lower right that is “Widget Suggestions”. Tap that and turn off. Probably have to do it on every stack you have if you are using more than one stack. Sounds like you are trying to edit a photo widget not a stack.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Anyone else use the Stocks widget and find that it's almost always out of date when you check it? I checked it this morning around 10AM EDT, market has been open for 30 minutes already, and it was still showing yesterday's graphs and closing prices.

It refreshed when I opened the actual Stocks app, but at that point who needs the widget?

Reactions: tomtattoo

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Anyone else use the Stocks widget and find that it's almost always out of date when you check it? I checked it this morning around 10AM EDT, market has been open for 30 minutes already, and it was still showing yesterday's graphs and closing prices.

It refreshed when I opened the actual Stocks app, but at that point who needs the widget?
Could it something to do with background refresh? Just look at mine and slid it over to see widgets and in about a second it showed the market as updated over the final figures from yesterday.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
Has this been announced?
I don't remember Apple talking about an option to activate portrait mode when the camera is used inside an app (I was using Instagram, in this case).

7D985DEA-63B5-493B-8494-6EE56BEA943D.jpeg

Reactions: ErikGrim

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
My bluetooth module (not designed for in car use) set to "Car Stereo" mode in settings now triggers "Parked Car" mode at the end of a journey. It did not do this with iOS14 or iOS13 (before or after that setting was introduced for volume reasons). 👍

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I notice the new built in 2FA doesn't autofill 2FA codes on Discord. I have to go to Passwords to get the code manually then type it in.

Kinda defeats the point of integrating this feature if it doesn't work! Anyone else noticed this?

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
I can't believe they finally let you edit an alarm in the Clock app by tapping the alarm. ~14 years it took them.

And not only did it previously force you to tap edit first. But after you did so you were met with delete symbols next to each alarm as if you tapped the trashcan button. It was always a weird unintuitive design which I always felt that it would be changed.

I do get the UI precedence for having to hit edit first. But to me that precedence was in apps where editing involved more details (calendar) or where it would have interfered with the browsing(photos/calendar.) I always felt the editing of alarms should have worked like calendar worked after you hit edit. You just tap the various details to edit them included the time. And well finally they came to the same conclusion.

Reactions: NovemberWhisky

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I just discovered that swiping left on a locked iPhone no longer opens the Camera app. It's now a tiny icon that you press at the bottom right, opposite the flashlight icon. That frustrated the heck out of me until I noticed the icon. They should make it a bit larger.

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
I just discovered that swiping left on a locked iPhone no longer opens the Camera app. It's now a tiny icon that you press at the bottom right, opposite the flashlight icon. That frustrated the heck out of me until I noticed the icon. They should make it a bit larger.
Still opens the camera for me. Which iPhone do you have?

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Still works for me, swiping to open camera

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
Still opens the camera for me. 13 Pro on iOS 15.01

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Still working for me. But they should gives us the option to remove the camera and flashlight button. Oops, that's another thread.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I had an issue where swiping left on the lock/notification screen wouldn't do anything BUT open the camera. I couldn't swipe away any of my notifications. A reboot fixed it.

So there must be something going on in this beta related to swiping to the camera to cause these issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.