Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
FWIW, after having tons of issues with CarPlay the past few days, I took turned the EQ off and it miraculously fixed everything. Well, actually I shouldn’t exactly call it a fix because the EQ is still broken but it’s def a workaround that worked for me

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
CarPlay so far continues to crash on me everyday, sometimes it gets hung up on the music app and crashes everything, i always noticed that it affects my network capabilities mostly because I’m sharing my hotspot with my kids in the car most of the time!!

Reactions: Craiguyver

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
CarPlay so far continues to crash on me everyday, sometimes it gets hung up on the music app and crashes everything, i always noticed that it affects my network capabilities mostly because I’m sharing my hotspot with my kids in the car most of the time!!
I didn’t think you could ever use CarPlay and be a mobile hotspot at the same time.
You can’t with wireless CarPlay anyway.

home405a

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2017
Since ios15 I can't connect CarPlay wireless (carlinkit) on my iPhone 11Pro-Volvo XC40. It stays "connecting..."

coffee06

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
I hadnt Noticed CarPlay problems much. Have noticed that the map will show “Home” when I’m away but Siri can’t seem to find home. Odd. Also, when using Siri for directions , the map pops up then goes back to the main display (car default, not CarPlay) and I have to hit the CarPlay icon again to get it back on. Nothing massive but little glitches I’m sure will be fixed soon.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The overlords at Apple have seen fit to bestow a fix for some of the issues with CarPlay and iOS 15 upon us. The "failure to launch" for audio apps and the inability to control them through the CarPlay interface has been fixed in iOS 15.02, released today.

home405a

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2017
The overlords at Apple have seen fit to bestow a fix for some of the issues with CarPlay and iOS 15 upon us. The "failure to launch" for audio apps and the inability to control them through the CarPlay interface has been fixed in iOS 15.02, released today.
It doesn't works for me....?

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
Hey so the new update 15.0.2 fixed ALL my CarPlay issues for me. Back to normal ???

home405a

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2017
Hello. I solved it today. I have restored the Carlinkit and now it works with ios15.0.2 normally. Greetings to everyone

• Love
Reactions: Apleeseed84

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
Had to restore all my cancelled subscriptions to make a fake point lolol glad they rolled out that update 3 weeks later hahaha

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

I had another issue with iHeartRadio yesterday... launched the app from the CarPlay interface and all was well... then I got a text... I had Siri read the text to me and then I could not restart the audio from iHeartRadio... had to use my phone again. Tested it later with SiriusXM, and after Siri read the text, the music started up again, as expected... so I switched back to iHeartRadio... because I had done SiriusXM in the interim, I was able to launch iHeartRadio from the CarPlay interface again... another text cane in, and I could NOT restart iHeartRadio again... kept getting an error that said "item does not exist"...

Thanks, Timmy. More excellent work out of your team.

ConnorMcJeebus

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
I had an iPhone Xs that worked flawlessly with CarPlay when wired to my 2021 Toyota Highlander. Bought an iPhone 13 mini and it wouldn't work using the same Apple iPhone Xs cable (USB 2.0 to lightning). Tried all of the popular solutions (e.g. turning EQ off, resetting all settings, repairing the device, etc.). Then tried using the Apple-provided iPhone 13 mini USB-C cable with a USB A to USB-C adaptor...worked for exactly one drive. After that, no luck.

Next, I used a third-party USB 3.0 to lightning cable and it worked. Tried it again 4 hours later, same cable, same phone, same car...didn't work. Then I tried the exact same cable again this morning (because I became obsessed with trying to fix it) and it worked again and seems to be working. Couldn't tell you why.

From my research, it seems that different people are getting different results even when using the exact same phones and cables. I guess it depends on the car as well. Some people say the Anker cables work with iPhone 13 and CarPlay, others say they don't. For me, a cheap Amazonbasics cable did the trick (for now).

Just thought I'd post my experiences here if it can help someone the nuisance of having to reset settings (and having to reload Apple Pay cards), etc. Just try different cables before doing something more time consuming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.